Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

question

Go down 
+2
nnnbullies
jamesraymond
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jamesraymond
3x

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2007-03-04

question Empty
PostSubject: question   question Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 6:44 pm

So yea Shea was being a stubborn ******* this morning, and when I got out of the shower he had eatin a crap load of puppy food I am talking like 1/4 of a bag...Now he looks a little bloated and has been acting strange all day. He has thrown up a couple times also...will this gradually go down like the bloating and everything and will he become more active later today or tomorrow. Its just scarring me a little because he is definatly bloated. Also should I feed him his second feeding today or skip it because of all this?
Back to top Go down
nnnbullies

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-03-10

question Empty
PostSubject: Re: question   question Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 7:11 pm

def skip the feeding lol
he should be fine he will prob have a tummy ache though make sure he can go out whenever he needs to with that much food when he needs to go he will go lol
Back to top Go down
mindovermatter

mindovermatter

Female Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-03-06

question Empty
PostSubject: Re: question   question Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 7:18 pm

I would skip the second feeding and if the dogs stomache is still hard and bloated you might want to induce the dog to vommit again by forcing peroxide down.. This will make the dog empty the contents of the stomache and stop the pain.

I would aslo suggest crating the dog and limiting its movement and keeping the dog quiet for 24 hours .. Lessen the chance of the stomache twisting on you.
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083

question Empty
PostSubject: Re: question   question Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 9:40 pm

You've gotten two good responses already but I'll add my 2 cents as well lol. I wouldnt feed em' again for a while, maybe he'd get to eat tonight or maybe not until tommorow. But yeah, if he doesnt start to "pass" it then I'd enduce vommiting. Zumo is a little food thief and gets like this every once and a while. He mopes around with a big ass belly but eventually it all makes it's way out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
SchismaticKennels

SchismaticKennels

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-03-05

question Empty
PostSubject: Re: question   question Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 2:19 pm

Hey James, how's Shea doin?
Back to top Go down
jamesraymond
3x

question Empty
PostSubject: Re: question   question Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 4:46 pm

SchismaticKennels wrote:
Hey James, how's Shea doin?

hes fine. The next day he was chasing Queenie and my roommates AB pup around the house...I am surprised all three get along and queenie has this mother instinct towards the pup
Back to top Go down
SchismaticKennels

SchismaticKennels

question Empty
PostSubject: Re: question   question Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 4:55 pm

Good deal, but a just throwing a caution sign up for ya. Always expect the unexpected. I'm sure you do. But I always try to stress how important it is, that dogs may not be friendly all the time.
Back to top Go down
jamesraymond
3x

question Empty
PostSubject: Re: question   question Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 5:16 pm

SchismaticKennels wrote:
Good deal, but a just throwing a caution sign up for ya. Always expect the unexpected. I'm sure you do. But I always try to stress how important it is, that dogs may not be friendly all the time.

Oh yea me and my roommate are always right there when they are playing and if it gets too rough we pull them apart. Its funny when I grab queenie and my roommate grabs his dog shea runs away like I am being good leave me alone.

Queenie and shea have gotten in 2 fights broken up real quik though.
Back to top Go down
SchismaticKennels

SchismaticKennels

question Empty
PostSubject: Re: question   question Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 8:01 pm

Atleast you are being responsible about it. I don't know how many stupid people I've talked to that just let their dogs run around together and never give a care in the world. I'll be the first to admit, at one point, I said I'd never have a dog fight on my yard. I was proven wrong, and it broke me big time. It takes a split second for a fight to break out, one false move and these dogs just all the sudden get annoyed and snap at each other.

Just when you say "It'll never happen to me" It does everytime. I've tried to stress that to people, and they ignore it, unfortunately they'll be the same ones next week that tell me, gee you were right. lol

I like that AB your friend has to, I'd love to have a brindle male pup.
Back to top Go down
Attila

Attila

Male Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-05-26

question Empty
PostSubject: Re: question   question Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 11:59 pm

I would suggest getting a storage bin that the dogs can not get into or to lock the bag of feed in a closet.

dry feed swells up and a large quantity like this could have resulted in a blockage or a tear. Some dogs are gluttens. Like me they will eat too dag gum much. Then lay about suffering for it. Those like me and your dog need some one to lock the food up and ration it out to us. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

question Empty
PostSubject: Re: question   question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

question
Page 1 of 1