Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Confirmation Question ? ? ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alfisher3

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-05

Confirmation Question ? ? ? Empty
PostSubject: Confirmation Question ? ? ?   Confirmation Question ? ? ? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 5:10 pm

I have a question regarding breed confirmation, I'm not an experienced handler of show dogs by any means, but I think I have a young pup that might have some potential if properly worked, but upon examining his mouth I noticed he's double fanged in the top of his mouth, he's got two sets of canines in the top of his mouth? Would this be a fault?
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Male Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation Question ? ? ?   Confirmation Question ? ? ? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 5:30 pm

as a pup he would but he will lose one set as he grows
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/sedaliapitbulls
alfisher3

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation Question ? ? ?   Confirmation Question ? ? ? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 5:50 pm

I'm not so sure he's going to lose them he's already past the point of losing teeth, and this is actually the 2nd pb i've had with this same feature, kind of curious is anyone else has come across it.
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf

shadowwolf

Female Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation Question ? ? ?   Confirmation Question ? ? ? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 3:48 am

That, I'm not honestly sure of. I'd personally have 'em pulled just because it's got to be uncomfortable for the pup. However, it would be considered a fault - wry mouth if I'm correct.
Back to top Go down
alfisher3

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation Question ? ? ?   Confirmation Question ? ? ? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 1:14 pm

Well I don't think it's uncomfortable the dog as he has no problem closing his mouth, unlike people canines don't have nerves extending in their teeth like we do. But I was more less just curious about the showing aspect of such an issue, I actually spoke w/ a old time breeder and he said it's not common that's for sure which would probably make it a fault in the show ring, but he also said that he's come across a handful during his lifetime and most seem to have good bites on them despite the double fanged mouth.
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation Question ? ? ?   Confirmation Question ? ? ? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 6:35 pm

It would be a fault but not a DQ. So I don't see any problems with showing him. Very few, if any, is perfect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation Question ? ? ?   Confirmation Question ? ? ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Confirmation Question ? ? ?
Page 1 of 1