Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PETA Worked To Stand Trial For Dog Theft

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PETA Worked To Stand Trial For Dog Theft Empty
PostSubject: PETA Worked To Stand Trial For Dog Theft   PETA Worked To Stand Trial For Dog Theft Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 7:21 am

An animal rights advocate, who said she was rescuing a stray, will be prosecuted on a felony theft charge for loading a deputy sheriff's hunting dog into a van and driving away.

A judge will allow the case to proceed against 25-year-old Andrea Florence Benoit. She says she was worried about the dog's welfare and only wanted to return it to its owner.

The Chesapeake woman picked up the fox hound while working in Southampton County for Norfolk's People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

But the dog was later linked to Southampton County Deputy Sheriff J.T. Cooke Junior, an animal control officer who had let out several of his hounds the night before to chase foxes, and one

failed to return.

PETA has been opposed to activities that harm animals, including wild land creatures like foxes.

The case will be heard in Circuit Court.

http://www.wsls.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSLS%2FMGArticle%2FSLS_BasicArti cle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173351806281&path=!news!localnew s
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
Whiskybent

Whiskybent

Female Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-06-16

PostSubject: Re: PETA Worked To Stand Trial For Dog Theft   PETA Worked To Stand Trial For Dog Theft Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 7:52 am

Isn't this the one where the dog had a tracking device in the collar as well as the owners name and cell number ON the collar and she took it off and hucked it on the side of the road?

I'm so glad they're nailing her, but I wish they'd go after them all somehow there's got to be a means to do so...

Though HSUS would probably pay to save their asses even if they did...:/ ugh.

I HATE RADICALS Sad They make us mildly sane folks look bad...
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: Re: PETA Worked To Stand Trial For Dog Theft   PETA Worked To Stand Trial For Dog Theft Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 8:00 am

Whiskybent wrote:
Isn't this the one where the dog had a tracking device in the collar as well as the owners name and cell number ON the collar and she took it off and hucked it on the side of the road?

I'm so glad they're nailing her, but I wish they'd go after them all somehow there's got to be a means to do so...

Though HSUS would probably pay to save their asses even if they did...:/ ugh.

I HATE RADICALS Sad They make us mildly sane folks look bad...

I "think" so but I'm not 100% for sure. But yeah, there are alot of morons running around out there trying to "save" all the poor poor doggies lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PETA Worked To Stand Trial For Dog Theft   PETA Worked To Stand Trial For Dog Theft Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PETA Worked To Stand Trial For Dog Theft
Page 1 of 1