Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

crate question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kristakmj

Female Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-12-28

crate question Empty
PostSubject: crate question   crate question Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 2:16 am

okay i bought the next size crate for the pups , they didnt have any problem in the smaller crate but now they think they can just go . they can stand up turn around and lay down but it looks like i smooshed them in the crates.

do i let them ride things out in the small one?

will they grow into the cgae and grow out of this habit? im at a loss i hate to cram them in the small cage but i dont want the habit formed of going in the crate? any suggestions heres a pic so you can see how much room they dont have in the small cage i dont have a divider either when they do goin the bigger one they stand up they wont sit or lay in ti so i guess that is good

[url]crate question 100_0585[/url]
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

crate question Empty
PostSubject: Re: crate question   crate question Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 3:24 pm

I would continue to use the smaller crate for a little while, it won't be too long before they are too big for it. I just try to time their food and water so they eliminate it before they are in the cage for the night. It sometimes works, lol. If they won't stop you can send them to me and I will take care of it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Male Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2007-06-03

crate question Empty
PostSubject: Re: crate question   crate question Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 4:17 pm

well i think its alright. I perfer the plastic crates but i do have the medal ones to. I think all house dogs need to learn how to be crate trained. They should be able to stay in their crate all night with no complaint and not going potty in the crate. Good luck i hope they like their new crate
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/sedaliapitbulls
kristakmj

Female Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-12-28

crate question Empty
PostSubject: Re: crate question   crate question Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 8:09 pm

pitmamma wrote:
I would continue to use the smaller crate for a little while, it won't be too long before they are too big for it. I just try to time their food and water so they eliminate it before they are in the cage for the night. It sometimes works, lol. If they won't stop you can send them to me and I will take care of it Very Happy

ill keep that in my mind when they are being bratty lol , i dont think its the eating and drinking schedule i just think they felt oh i can go in here its bigger, but now they dont seem to be doing it , maybe they didnt realize as much room as there was they still had to stand in it lol .

we are on day 4 with no accidents woo hoo in the house that is
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

crate question Empty
PostSubject: Re: crate question   crate question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

crate question
Page 1 of 1