Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate?

Go down 
+7
CdnAmstaff
midwest_showdogs
AngieT
marlenadee
pitmamma
GazzMembrane
lovemypits
11 posters
AuthorMessage
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate? Empty
PostSubject: Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate?   Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:47 am

Just wondering where you keep your dogs while you sleep at night?

Normally my dogs are out at night and sleep where they please, but I have been thinking of crating them at night (or blocking them in the kitchen). I don't like to because they are blocked in the kitchen all day while I'm at work, and I like to give them the freedom at night. After a few nights of no sleep, realizing after 3 years this is not going to work anymore.....
Back to top Go down
GazzMembrane

GazzMembrane

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate?   Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 1:31 pm

my dog never leaves my side if I can help it. it averages out to about 17 hours a day i'm with her. she sleeps on a dog bed next to my (very low) bed so I can throw my arm around her at night.
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate?   Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 3:46 pm

Crates.....
I do not like waking up to find the kitchen (or bathroom) trash all over the house...They usually don't get into stuff or potty in the house but there are always exceptions and when I am getting up in the middle of the night or in the morning, cleaning the house is not what I want to do. Several of them use to sleep with me but after weeks or months (lol) of no sleep I decided it was not worth it.
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate?   Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 5:18 pm

I can understand that... I keep my garbage out in my mud room off my kitchen ~just in case~ My problem I am having is the neighbor accross the way is leaving their dog outside.. a little white dog.. all night long!! And it plays in the road all the time. So I just can't handle the thing in the middle of the road at 2am barking... which sets my dogs off and they gotta jump on me or something, and that is NOT a nice way to be woken up multiple times in the night. Also, when Harley has to go out he gouges.. literally, his claws into my arm..back.. face..head..etc.. then i get up and let him out.. for him to do nothing. I think this also has to do with that little dog outside. These people are obviously not going to do anything about it, and I never see them to say something to them now I have to change my household just so I can sleep.
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate?   Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 5:25 pm

Hmmm, you have some friends in rescue, maybe the little white terror can be rehomed (lol)...It sucks tho when you have to turn your routine upside-down because of something like that. And no getting woke up in the middle of the night with a claw in the eye is no fun, hence another reason I started putting them up at night. Good Luck
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate?   Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 5:29 pm

Oh hey maybe if the little 'thing' disappeared for a day or two, they would rethink leaving him out to wonder the streets....or maybe you can get a friend (that the neighbors don't know) tell the people they almost hit the dog when it was out in the street...and if they don't care then they wouldn't notice the dog missing...Maybe someone could have made a call to AC because they are worried about it getting hit by a car?
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate?   Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 6:28 pm

Well.. the cops never seem to see the thing chasing traffic. And believe it or not.. the only time I catch the darn thing in day light hours doing it is when i'm on the way to the gym... and I leave my phone in my apt.. grrr... one day I will get a pic of the thing! Just annoys me.. they had a lab that used to run loose... wonder what happened to him???
Back to top Go down
marlenadee

marlenadee

Female Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate?   Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 5:59 am

Well I let Grizzly and King sleep in my room but Can you believe that they end up in my bed anyways?LOL I shoo them off and then we are good for the rest of the night but I am actually considering just crating them being that the little time that I have for sleep is always interrupted by doggie smooches . They are crate trained but I only crate them when I am not home....... I think they may rebel out of culture shock. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=marlenadee
AngieT

AngieT

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate?   Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:57 pm

My dogs sleep where ever they please. usually it is at the end of my bed or my daughters. Sometimes the couch.
They don't get into anything so i dont have to worry about that.
My foster dog romeo sleeps in a small room off of our kitchen. (with a babygate closing the doorway) It has a crate in it with the door open and there is a dog bed on the floor in it. He is normally in the crate when I get up in the morning.
Back to top Go down
midwest_showdogs
midwest_showdogs

Male Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2007-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate?   Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:15 pm

Well most of them are crated but Bella and Gage does sleep with my wife and me
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate?   Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:33 pm

Wow.. I started this thread a long time ago! Ha ha.. well I guess as an update. My dogs now spend every night in their crates.
Back to top Go down
CdnAmstaff

CdnAmstaff

Male Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate?   Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:35 pm

I used to crate Rocky but as he got a little older i just gave him the liberty of the whole house. He doesn't cause any problems or anything and most of the time he comes up to my room and sleeps at the end of my bed. I can understand the no sleep nights because it used to be like that in the beginning when he used to come up and take up the whole bed but hes gotten used to giving me all the room now and its not so bad. I couldn't imagine doing this with 2 of them though lol
Back to top Go down
Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Female Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate?   Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:33 am

Right now Jaws sleeps on the couch, Dookie and Enzo are in crates (on the bed after 4 am) and Reagan is in the whelping box still.
Back to top Go down
http://prisonbluepitbulls.webs.com
CoolHandJean

CoolHandJean

Female Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate?   Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:51 am

Four of them sleep outside. Two of them sleep on their dog beds.
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate?   Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:56 am

Ok I can do an update too...lol....
Sugar (chihuahua) sleeps in bed with me
Missy is in heat so she is in her crate...but usually sleeps wherever she wants
Everyone else is outside
Back to top Go down
Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Female Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate?   Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 12:05 am

you outsiders are sooo mean JK. I have been threatening to kick EVERYONE out.
Back to top Go down
http://prisonbluepitbulls.webs.com
woody d

woody d

Male Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate?   Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 12:19 am

riot and tommi sleep in the bed w/me, and rose sleeps in the crate. she is a little shy so the crate has always been a comfort thing for her. im not gonna argue, i d just end up w/ three in bed.
Back to top Go down
Southern Boy

Southern Boy

Male Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate?   Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 4:36 pm

My puppy sleeps in a crate at night and when i g to work he goes in the crate as well. But i have a friend stop by and let him out so he's not cooped up to long:) But he did very good with the crate training he don't even have accidents in it any more. I leave his crate door open in the day time and he naps in it to every so often, but it took some serious training and work to get him use to the crate i didn't force him into it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate?   Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sleeping dogs ~ Your bed, dog bed, or crate?
Page 1 of 1