Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

**BSL PASSED** Greenhills, Ohio

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rdowsdirectoratlarge

Male Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-10-03

**BSL PASSED**  Greenhills, Ohio Empty
PostSubject: **BSL PASSED** Greenhills, Ohio   **BSL PASSED**  Greenhills, Ohio Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 3:54 pm

The city council passed the ordinance banning pit bulls at their meeting last night. The details of same are set forth in my previous post below.

The ordinance takes effect in THIRTY DAYS.

1. No person shall own, keep or harbor a "pit bull."

2. A "pit bull" as used in the ordinance shall mean any breed commonly associated with the term, including American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier OR any dog with the appearance or characteristics or PARTIAL characteristics of said breeds.

3. Violators will be issued misdemeanor citations with degrees and penalties that increase with each citation.

THERE IS NO CLAUSE THAT ADDRESSES "PIT BULLS" ALREADY LIVING IN THE CITY. The clerk is of the belief there is NO grandfather clause.
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

**BSL PASSED**  Greenhills, Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: **BSL PASSED** Greenhills, Ohio   **BSL PASSED**  Greenhills, Ohio Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 3:56 pm

OMG!! I would definately be digging deeper to see if there is a grandfather clause! This is awful, I am so sorry to hear about this. So people have 30 days to re-home their dogs??
Back to top Go down

**BSL PASSED** Greenhills, Ohio
Page 1 of 1