Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Evolution"

Go down 
+2
Dunlap
ericschevy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ericschevy

ericschevy

Male Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-03-05

"Evolution" Empty
PostSubject: "Evolution"   "Evolution" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 10:22 pm

OK, So I pick up my step sons science book the other day and was thumbing through it.. Low and behold I stumble upon The Theory Of Evolution..I found a pic of the progression of man from Ape to human..
How do you all feel about our schools teaching our kids that we came from APES!!!!! To me it's not only the goofiest thing ever but also contradictory to what most parents teach their children..
I was taught that god was the creator of all things....
It's no wonder the youth of today is so messed up... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

"Evolution" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Evolution"   "Evolution" Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 3:15 am

ericschevy wrote:
OK, So I pick up my step sons science book the other day and was thumbing through it.. Low and behold I stumble upon The Theory Of Evolution..I found a pic of the progression of man from Ape to human..
How do you all feel about our schools teaching our kids that we came from APES!!!!! To me it's not only the goofiest thing ever but also contradictory to what most parents teach their children..

I think that it's a bunch of B.S. I used to get in arguements all the time with my teachers in school over mess like that and due to my personal beleifs. They take God outta school but yet you have to learn about witches and spells in English Literature??? And they are telling them that we come from a bunch of damn monkeys...LMAO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
mindovermatter

mindovermatter

Female Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-03-06

"Evolution" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Evolution"   "Evolution" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 2:41 am

ok guys to be fair here it is the "theory of Evolution"

please no one smite me here LOL!

I at one time sent my kids to a christian acadmy, and well i was not happy with the "science" book work from their either.
Now... all things being put in prespective as far as i know they have never found "the missing link" BUT do you think that over the centuries and gennerations that we have possiably evolved in some way ??

people and the human race is always changing growing and evolving. We also see it in animal species.

I believe in god and i also take a scientific approach to things as well.
Some things are just not black and white all the time. I think that relegion has been removed from the scools and they teach the scientific end of things and well.. that is what school is for.
As our children grow up they will decide what they believe and the values they will keep.. the adults in their lives are there to guide them through the mysteries of life. In the end we all grow up and we all have our own take on things.
Back to top Go down
ericschevy

ericschevy

Male Number of posts : 35

"Evolution" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Evolution"   "Evolution" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 2:54 am

Don't ya think that since both are unfounded that either both should be taught or neither???

Bare with me I'm a simple minded man...LOL
And Yes, I do believe...
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

"Evolution" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Evolution"   "Evolution" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 2:56 am

I'm going to "bow out" of this topic lol. I am VERY hard headed about my beliefs and religion is always a touchy subject. I just think that if the "theory of evolution" is going to be taught as the "truth" in school, why is it that God cannot be discussed? It's one thing to teach it as a theory but it is another thing to teach it as a fact...
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
mindovermatter

mindovermatter

Female Number of posts : 364

"Evolution" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Evolution"   "Evolution" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 3:08 am

yeah bowing out is a good idea i probably should not have posted... I just have a different view on these things i think that people should know about both and go from there!
Back to top Go down
freekypixie

freekypixie

Female Number of posts : 48

"Evolution" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Evolution"   "Evolution" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 4:04 am

actually recent discovery says that humans were humans way back then too.......we are not neandrathals....... they were a differnt race that became extinct.....there is fossil proof of ancestors........ as far as the religion thing goes..... most of the religious hollidays are based on pagean beliefs and the christians adapted them into their religon when they were trying to convert the evil pagans ........i am a pagan yet i still believe jeasus existed....... but on a much different level then most....... however even the pagans believed in a god....... since the dawn of time there have been gods......its important to remember this.....no matter what your personal belief is
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/pentaclepits
Scotsman

"Evolution" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Evolution"   "Evolution" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 2:20 pm

LMAO!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
suki
suki

Female Number of posts : 405

"Evolution" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Evolution"   "Evolution" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 8:00 pm

Joshua wrote:
ericschevy wrote:

I think that it's a bunch of B.S. I used to get in arguements all the time with my teachers in school over mess like that and due to my personal beleifs. They take God outta school but yet you have to learn about witches and spells in English Literature??? And they are telling them that we come from a bunch of damn

monkeys...LMAO.

this was my first thought as well: "they take the God out of the schools", ....sigh.....

such a strange world we live in.....????.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
pit4life

pit4life

Female Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-03-25

"Evolution" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Evolution"   "Evolution" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 12:10 am

I just really don't think someone's hand put Adam and Eve down here... and had T-Rex eating greens cyclops
If there is a God, I am gald to see him killing us off slowly... and makeing the most of us suffer.
Back to top Go down
freekypixie

freekypixie

Female Number of posts : 48

"Evolution" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Evolution"   "Evolution" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 12:51 am

i believe that christianity is taken out of schools because it is so contraversal....each denomination has its own take on life and god and even jeasus....many wars have been started over religious beliefs...

i am going to bow out of this conversation as well because i dont feel my beliefs will do anything but cause problems in this topic.......
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/pentaclepits
Sponsored content

"Evolution" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Evolution"   "Evolution" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Evolution"
Page 1 of 1