Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PetSmart bans "bully breeds" from PetsHote

Go down 
+2
lovemypits
rdowsdirectoratlarge
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rdowsdirectoratlarge

Male Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-10-03

PetSmart bans "bully breeds" from PetsHote Empty
PostSubject: PetSmart bans "bully breeds" from PetsHote   PetSmart bans "bully breeds" from PetsHote Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:41 pm

This is from PetSmart's website, they are now banning "bully breeds" from their PetsHotel
program, this includes their Doggy Day Care. They are not basing this on individual pets,
but are discriminating... Read On:
<<
Requirements

Who may attend?

Dogs at least five months of age
Dogs who have been socialized with
other dogs but are not of the "bully
breed" classification† or wolves/wolf
hybrids
Dogs who are in good health (no fleas, ticks, or contagious illnesses)
No intact (unneutered) male dogs, pregnant females or females in heat
Dogs who have the following vaccinations: Bordetella, Rabies, Distemper, Parainfluenza
and Parvovirus

†Dogs in the "bully breed" classification (e.g. American Pit Bull Terriers, Miniature Bull
Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, American Bull Dogs,
Bull Terriers or mixed breeds that have the appearance or characteristics of one of these
breeds). For the safety of all animals and associates, and at the discretion of PetSmart,
some pets may not be permitted.
>>

The address to this page is as follows:
http://petshotel.petsmart.com/doggie-day-camp/requirements.shtml

The only contact information I could get from the website was the number to
PetSmart.com Customer Care. They should be able to either take your complaint or direct
you to who can. I haven't called yet, but I am planning on it!!
(888)839-9638 PetSmart.com Customer Care
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: PetSmart bans "bully breeds" from PetsHote   PetSmart bans "bully breeds" from PetsHote Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 11:41 pm

Wow... that's some crap!! Thank goodness I don't shop at petsmart!!
Back to top Go down
NBlake

NBlake

Female Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: PetSmart bans "bully breeds" from PetsHote   PetSmart bans "bully breeds" from PetsHote Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 12:13 am

Well I am glad I don't shop at their stores, I haven't shopped at that store since the City it is in has BSL and if I can't take my dogs there they don't need my money!!
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf

shadowwolf

Female Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: PetSmart bans "bully breeds" from PetsHote   PetSmart bans "bully breeds" from PetsHote Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 3:44 am

In all actuality, bully breeds do not belong in doggie daycare. This is a safety protocol and has been in effect since Petsmart opened a good portion of its PetsHotels. The one by me will go based on the owners description of the dog but will ban them from coming if they are overly aggressive - no matter what breed.

My dogs are in Petsmart daily without incident and are loved by one and all - including the grooming staff.
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: PetSmart bans "bully breeds" from PetsHote   PetSmart bans "bully breeds" from PetsHote Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 5:22 am

I agree LMP and NBlake, they won't ever get another penny from me...good thing there are other places to buy fish stuff, lol...
Back to top Go down
Masterpiece

Masterpiece

Female Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: PetSmart bans "bully breeds" from PetsHote   PetSmart bans "bully breeds" from PetsHote Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 3:34 pm

i used to work at PetsMarts PetHotel back in 2004 and they allow bully breeds back then they just didnt allow them to do the group play time... im going to tell you a secret though... LOL after everyones play time and everyones walks and what not we allways had "pitty parties" in the back so no one would see us or the dogs.. lol we would carefully select certin dogs that were friendly and were good around other dogs including puppies that didnt pay for the group plays or "werent allowed because of the breed" to still play and get some exercise... lol our manager of the PetHotel had a pit and i always had Midis there with me so the people that work there understand the rules.... but didnt care much lol that place was fun to work at and i got to learn how to deal with all sorts of different types of dogs... aggressive, shy, ex-boarder patrol, hyper, ect... but just so you guys know you can board you pit there they just tell you they cant play in group play.... and would not tell you if we did allow them too...
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/midisandvictor
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: PetSmart bans "bully breeds" from PetsHote   PetSmart bans "bully breeds" from PetsHote Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 3:44 pm

So what would you do if someone said no group play? For example. If I took Harley to a place and said no other dogs... and they did anyways I would not be happy. He seems like a great dog, and can play well for about 5 min. His problem? Other dogs near Sasha. He allows it for a few min.. then he tries to tear that dog up. So although he seems okay.. he's not. Did you let dogs play that the owner said no group play?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PetSmart bans "bully breeds" from PetsHote   PetSmart bans "bully breeds" from PetsHote Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PetSmart bans "bully breeds" from PetsHote
Page 1 of 1