Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Razors Edge

Go down 
+23
Prison Blue Pit Bulls
alfisher3
MidnightSkyKnl
smoke
godsdogs
jason r
jeremy @ aftershockennels
Attila
ditchwitch95
Boogieman
PimpinTodd
tonka
docile_rebel
Jodi42
skybluebrooklyn
freekypixie
shadowwolf
sedaliapridekennels
JoeFeezy
mindovermatter
jbh38
ofthelittlerascals
Dunlap
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Male Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Razors Edge - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 3:46 am

that is a georgious looking dog you got there
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/sedaliapitbulls
ditchwitch95

ditchwitch95

Female Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 1:37 am

Thank you. She's a real sweetheart too. Spoiled rotten, but she listens well.
Back to top Go down
http://cherokeetrailkennels.tripod.com
Attila

Attila

Male Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 4:01 am

skybluebrooklyn wrote:
freekypixie- i am totally ignorant about breeding, bloodlines, types (other than generalizations)...so im on this thread checking it out. the pictures of your last dog above -she has really cute ears, prick ears, and i was wondering if that is a commom thing with apbts/your lines/or whatever you would call it (im sorry i just really dont know what to consider part of the reason why her ears stick up). i think she is beautiful! i have never seen a pit with prick ears other than a definate mutt. just curious. i love your dogs.

Nope I have a Eli/Lonzo bitch with ears that stand up and one from my own stock that does. It occurs naturally just not very often. Most people have those kind of ears clipped. However I don't alter dogs in any way. All I care is they have ears.
Back to top Go down
Attila

Attila

Male Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 4:09 am

Freekypixie,

Fae is a great looking dog. I say that is the first dog that had RE in it that I actually can say is a good looking dog to me.
Back to top Go down
freekypixie

freekypixie

Female Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 3:26 am

JoeFeezy wrote:
Its just something some APBT's ears do. I couldn't find any pics but im sure a few people around here can show you some.

LOL just come visit my yard...... i have lots of ears like that.....and you can look at them ....touch them........ what ever you want...........now that being said...... these are called full prick ears...... not to be confused with bat ears.... bat ears are round at the top and prick ears come to a point...just wanted to point that out
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/pentaclepits
freekypixie

freekypixie

Female Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 3:29 am

sedaliapitbulls wrote:
now I can swear that that is nick Boogiemans dog I didnt think he is a RE dog i thought he was boogiemanblood.

oh god i want a boogie man dog soooooooooooo bad.......... i havent seen one i didnt drool over yet
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/pentaclepits
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 12:46 pm

yah i like nick he is probally one of my favorite dogs that boogieman ownes . I mainleyhow he is built
Back to top Go down

Male Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 8:01 am

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

g-unit %100 r.e.
Back to top Go down
jason r

Male Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 5:47 pm

not to offend but in my opinion, this is not what an apbt should look like.some dogmen would say there not even apbt.
Back to top Go down
Boogieman

Boogieman

Male Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 12:56 am

sedaliapridekennels wrote:
how in the world did a dog like that make grand champion he is way out of standard and looks nothing like an APBT
hey man if you saw knuckles in person i'm sure you would like him! tongue
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 1:27 am

probally would who knows.
Back to top Go down
godsdogs

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 11:12 am

I know opinions don't matter much but reading joe's write up, he does not exactly say dave bred bulldogs into pits it says," Some breeders even included some bulldog lineage into their breeding." Some breederd not dave wilson.

I have a dog made of mostly RE. She is a great dog.

I also believe that genetics can make up any look you wish, with time and alot of effort. Hemphill dogs Started smaller and eventually got above 50-60 pounds, all genetics
Back to top Go down
smoke

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 6:39 pm

according to the standards of the adba the razors edge, watchdog, grapevine, etc.. dogs are too big and therefore should be classified as another breed or at least as a mixed breed cause its no secret or surprise that there is mastiff in them dogs. I try not to hate but it makes me wonder why so called "experienced' dogmen/women would stick up for these dogs and sing their praises when they are obese unhealthy looking animals that could never do what the breed is suppose to do. I know I know, in theory they are to at least look like the dogs of old even if they arent used for the same thing. Sorry for my ramblings and I mean no offense to the owners of those pitbull/clydesdale owners Im just thinking out loud.
Back to top Go down
MidnightSkyKnl
MidnightSkyKnl

Female Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2007-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 6:44 pm

hahahahahahahaha you cant even put Watchdog and grapevine in the same category as RE if you truly knew how Watchdog strains were supposed to look like not what some imitations are trying to put off a Watchdog/Grapevine you wouldn't be putting it down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightskykennels.com
alfisher3

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 7:11 pm

Well the current Watchdog line is wayyyy out of standard, but there was a watchdog standard in the earlier days that were about 30-38lb dogs on avg, very game line of dogs, but this new line of watchdogs that are about 90lbs on avg and typically blue in color is of some other mixed origin.
Back to top Go down
MidnightSkyKnl
MidnightSkyKnl

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 7:19 pm

I pretty much agree with your statement but, alot of the old watchdogs were blue and not big dogs alot of the size your are seeing now adays are from crosses like I said such as McCoy and Winegarner.
Back to top Go down
alfisher3

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 7:46 pm

Midnight I agree you are correct, the old school watchdog looked a lot like some of the dogs you have there on your yard not very large, and you are right the blue coat doesn't mean the dog is a cur, it's just now a lot of breeders are breeding for the blue coat and that's when it becomes a problem. Also I like your dog on the Avatar, if I were to own a larger pit bull he would be something that I would like Smile
Back to top Go down
MidnightSkyKnl
MidnightSkyKnl

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:52 pm

Thank you much..... I'm sorry I got a little hostile everyone but I hate when the Watchdog Line is getting miss represented being the line I run is a Watchdog strain. I can't stand it when someone wants to put the Watchdog line in the same category as an American Bully especially ones who clearly dont know what it is supposed to look like in it's Pure form there are still several Pure Watchdog's out there that are wonderful representations of what Watchdog is really supposed to look like just gotta know where to look for it. Many people that claim their dog is just "Watchdog" bred has never even seen a pure Watchdog and many have strains/crosses not the pure thing. Pure Watchdog has become few and far between it has almost died out other then a few breeders that still breed it pure and they normally are what I call "blood hoarders" lol and aren't letting anything go to the public they have almost a family group that they place dogs with on co-owns to keep the blood from getting out here there and everywhere..
Back to top Go down
Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Female Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 7:12 am

this has nothing to do with any of the recent posts but I LOVED the picture of Knuckles, Jeanie and Lil Knuckles! I've only seen of Knuckles that is on everyone's internet pedigrees so I was excited to see him as a real dog! He's so beautiful!

Here's my Razor's Edge dog:

Prison Blues Reagan Louise
Photobucket
Back to top Go down
http://prisonbluepitbulls.webs.com
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:09 pm

She is a cutie pie Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SouljaKennels

SouljaKennels

Female Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 6:50 am

This is my female, she is 7 months old and about 40lbs. She is 50% edge, old edge too.
Razors Edge - Page 3 100_0780
You can see she is not your average "bully" edge dog. Her other half is AKC Gaff bred (mostly)
Here is Patches, she is ADBA reg. 88% edge maybe only 50lbs @ 3 yrs.
Razors Edge - Page 3 100_0772
You can see she's even got really nice tight streight feet which is hard to find on a RE dog.
Razors Edge - Page 3 100_0776

This is the first female's Sire, he is PURE RE and in my opinion a VERY nice looking male, 2 yrs old.
Razors Edge - Page 3 Random134
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/souljakennels
smoke

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 2:11 pm

hey midnight, you are right that I dont know what the standard for watchdog is, but I do know what the standard for an american pitbull terrier is, and they arent it. Breeding for color and looks isnt what the breed is about. Amstaffs on the other hand...........
Back to top Go down
MidnightSkyKnl
MidnightSkyKnl

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 2:40 pm

Originally the Watchdog strain WAS NOT bred for color it was bred for Working Ability. It's when fad breeders got a hold of it is when everyone thought that Watchdog is nothing but Blue and you know main part of all the Watchdog Greats that I think of weren't blue either. The line is not primarily a Blue line in all actuality. From all of the pure Watchdog breedings that are going on now do you know how many blue dogs I have see come out of them maybe one pup and thats it. Of course blue is what you mean by breeding for color thats what almost all mean
Back to top Go down
fonzie

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:38 pm

He is a beautiful dog he is not a apbt he is a am staff
Back to top Go down
duroc drake

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2012-08-20

PostSubject: razor s edge   Razors Edge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 7:43 pm

jbh38 wrote:
Knuckles is UKC/AKC and he is a beautiful dog
most that are fans of a "real" bulldog wont even consider a blue dog. there may be some
good ones but for gameness forget about a BLUE. i'm not knocking what anyone wants
to feed but it's a fact- cur dogs 99% of the time. "big is not beautiful"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Razors Edge
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3