Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Razors Edge

Go down 
+23
Prison Blue Pit Bulls
alfisher3
MidnightSkyKnl
smoke
godsdogs
jason r
jeremy @ aftershockennels
Attila
ditchwitch95
Boogieman
PimpinTodd
tonka
docile_rebel
Jodi42
skybluebrooklyn
freekypixie
shadowwolf
sedaliapridekennels
JoeFeezy
mindovermatter
jbh38
ofthelittlerascals
Dunlap
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jbh38

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-08-26

Razors Edge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 4:31 pm

Not Knuckles and the dogs people have shown on this thread, they are registered AKC amstaffs, dual registered UKC. If you want to get into the Amstaff/pitbull debate, that's fine, but I know most shown on this thread that people like, is the old stuff, UKC/AKC registered dogs.
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf

shadowwolf

Female Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 6:17 pm

JoeFeezy wrote:
Mind the problem i have with that statement is that Dave Wilson has said that the dogs aren't APBT's. So regardless of how much they look like the standard they aren't. They are a different breed. They are American Bullies.
http://razorsedgekennel.com/RE.html

Just because in recent years people like Dave Wilson have chosen to bastardize a line that had true-to-form APBTs does not make the whole line a non-APBT line. There are folks out there who are lucky enough to have kept that line pure and form functioning as a true working dog.

Please give credit where credit is due to the individual dogs and their breeders who have kept it a true to form dog versus an overdone cur. You shouldn't be looking to punish an entire line of dogs for one stupid human.

Note: *This is coming out of the mouth of someone who prefers dogs under 50# if possible in her yard, but knows darn well that there are working, more bully APBTs.*
Back to top Go down
mindovermatter

mindovermatter

Female Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 10:40 pm

JoeFeezy wrote:
Mind the problem i have with that statement is that Dave Wilson has said that the dogs aren't APBT's. So regardless of how much they look like the standard they aren't. They are a different breed. They are American Bullies.
http://razorsedgekennel.com/RE.html

Joe the dogs that I put photos up are out of OLD RE stuff.. they are NOT mixed with anything.

I know that in recent years they have been mixed and i am NOT a short and wide fan to be sure!

I like a nice correct APBT..
I believe in giving credit where it is due when it comes to dogs and peoples breeding programs.

I have seen some Older RE stuff that i look at and say DANG that is one well put together dog.
Back to top Go down
freekypixie

freekypixie

Female Number of posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 9:52 pm

ok...... i have a few re dogs on my yard..... none are 100% re most are also mixed with game dogs.....

first is mz fae....... her great grandpa is throwing knuckles and her great great grandma is silver sady....her grandfather is vicegrip... that top line is also mixed with some tnt/turpins......bottom half is webbs/prices....... here is the full ped if your interested in it.......well no here it isnt cause peds online has lost every dog ive entered.... for the 2nd time....... boy are they getting some hate mail today.........

any way here is mz fae..........
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
she dosent alway look this ripped... here is another pic of her more the way she looks normally
fae is about 42 lbs in show condition........

i bred mz fae to my male monster who is phillips/ prices here is a pic of monster...i needed more head out of the breeding then what fae has.. she has that little turpins head and i needed less butt.......i was also looking to bring down the size of my blue line and put more natural muscle into them.........

here are the two pups i held back from the breeding.......
damein
faylene

here is on-ree.....
on-rees top line grandpa is crush alot re is like 7 times in the ped along with some gray line raider ll and gaffs lawless blue haze and chain gangs butthead......bottom of the top is frahms heartlines.......bottom line is wildside or the top of the bottom with some turpins/tnt on the bottom.... bottom of the bottom line is mahoneys and sorrells with some prices and vietnams......... once again keeping the re mixed with game dogs.she was weighed at 30 lbs a couple months ago ....on-ree has not been bred yet...... i have a planned breeding with her and my black and tan 40 lb male sow-in who is also sorrells/vietnams and the father of ember ann and bones..........

anyway here are pics of on-ree... the first one makes her look really bully but the second one shows her actuall size.... she is standing over a size 12 shoe in the 2nd one.....
she also must be part beaver...... if you could please ask dave wilson if he ever crossed a beaver into the mix for me.......
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/pentaclepits
skybluebrooklyn

skybluebrooklyn

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 1:13 am

freekypixie- i am totally ignorant about breeding, bloodlines, types (other than generalizations)...so im on this thread checking it out. the pictures of your last dog above -she has really cute ears, prick ears, and i was wondering if that is a commom thing with apbts/your lines/or whatever you would call it (im sorry i just really dont know what to consider part of the reason why her ears stick up). i think she is beautiful! i have never seen a pit with prick ears other than a definate mutt. just curious. i love your dogs.
Back to top Go down
JoeFeezy

JoeFeezy

Male Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 5:06 am

It isn't about old RE and new RE. Dave Wilson is the originator of the blood and it is and always has been his goal to create a new breed of dog. Alot of it was started by mixing alot of AM Staff lines, but even in the early days the dogs were big. Knuckles and Cairo were both 70 + lbs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.realapbt.com
freekypixie

freekypixie

Female Number of posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 4:26 pm

prick ears are common....... she has huge ones too.... alot of people whos dogs have prick ears crop them but i like them myself......probably about 1/3 of my yard has prick ears... and i have a couple with lab ears like your dog too...basically if one of the parents has a type of ear or a grandparent it will carry through.. its not nesessarlially a line thing.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/pentaclepits
Jodi42

Female Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 4:51 pm

I'm thinking on-ree's ears were cropped like that?? am I wrong? I'm just learning also so I dont know much ether!
Back to top Go down
JoeFeezy

JoeFeezy

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 4:41 am

No that is her natural ears.
Back to top Go down
Jodi42

Female Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 5:23 am

JoeFeezy wrote:
No that is her natural ears.

really!! why do they look like that? I didn't know they could stand up on there own like that...hhmm interesting.
Back to top Go down
JoeFeezy

JoeFeezy

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 1:26 pm

Its just something some APBT's ears do. I couldn't find any pics but im sure a few people around here can show you some.
Back to top Go down
docile_rebel

docile_rebel

Female Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 10:10 pm

my boy has razors throwin knuckles in his pedigree, so this is a great way to learn about that aspect of him. thanks for making this thread!

-Jessika
Back to top Go down
tonka

Male Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 4:00 pm

ok guys here is a york/re dog. this is a dog of the old re. i personaly like this dog a bunch.

Razors Edge - Page 2 PA150040
Razors Edge - Page 2 DSC01246
Razors Edge - Page 2 DSC01486
Back to top Go down
http://www.millionbulldogmarch.com
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Male Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 4:43 pm

now I can swear that that is nick Boogiemans dog I didnt think he is a RE dog i thought he was boogiemanblood.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/sedaliapitbulls
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 4:44 pm

But I like that dog He is verry well put together hope to see him as a Champion one day.
Back to top Go down
tonka

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 7:26 pm

sedaliapitbulls wrote:
now I can swear that that is nick Boogiemans dog I didnt think he is a RE dog i thought he was boogiemanblood.

yes i just read in a post at game-dog that he is re\york. i asked boogimanblood if i could use him in this thread. he said sure and here he is. you are right it is nick.

here is the link: http://www.game-dog.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23858&page=1&pp=20

tonymeade
Back to top Go down
PimpinTodd

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 11:53 pm

ofthelittlerascals wrote:
the most of the dogs i see from this line is too much bully (for me) but sometimes there is nice looking dogs like this one:
AKC/UKC GRCH Razors Edge Takin A Gamble
Razors Edge - Page 2 Dog-12-GAMBLES
Razors Edge - Page 2 Dog-12-gamblelike
Razors Edge - Page 2 Dog-12-gamble1ron

Gamble is out of the very original stuff that started some RE lines. I have a bitch who's gdad is Gamble. His parents come from the Perdue dogs which started out alot of the old RE and Gaff lines. I bought my bitch around the time Gamble was sold for 7grand. I honestly dont consider Gamble a true RE dog and most people dont either. Just a continutation off the Perdue Line. I know the parents were RE dogs...but it wasn't as deep into making it all bully and what not.
Gamble is an awesome dog, I think he's at Immortal Kennels now.
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 12:19 am

to big for my taste is size still makes him out of ADBA AADR DPBBA and several other regestries standard. He is built firm and strong but he isn,t athletic looking dog at all. If I was showing I would not place a dog nor would I aprove a GRCH title on a dog that looks like this. I know my opinion on this dog is different than others but i am a firm believer in keeping the american pit bull terrier just that A terrier. I believe in standard to the heart and I stick with it. I wont breed over sized dogs dogs with defects or questional bloodlines being that said for being a dog this dog i wouldn,t call an american pit bull terrier just a cur dog that looks good.
Back to top Go down
PimpinTodd

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 12:22 am

here's Gamble's pedigree....you can see why he isnt considered to be a true RE dog.
http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=106008
Back to top Go down
tonka

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 11:14 pm

tooooo big and bulky. i have a bully and love them. but i have come to likeing the original apbt's. the 40-55lb range.

tony
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 3:40 am

tonka wrote:
ok guys here is a york/re dog. this is a dog of the old re. i personaly like this dog a bunch.

That's a nice dog, I was suprised to see him say it was a RE dog.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
Boogieman

Boogieman

Male Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 4:21 am

Dunlap wrote:
tonka wrote:

That's a nice dog, I was suprised to see him say it was a RE dog.
i told everybody on game-dog when he was a puppy what he was....lol alot of people actually pm'd me and asked if i was just BSing.. Laughing he was the runt of the litter and i took him in.

well i wasn't BSing. he is york/re just like i said. the point of showing people and sharing the ped was to show everybody that the RE stuff has went WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of control breeding/mixing all kinds of CRAP into it to achieve all kinds of things except the real thing......an APBT. york had/has some fine fine dogs and if you go look back in nick's ped many of the re dogs fit the standard well.

now this dog below is exactly what i picture now when somebody says RE. most are even worse though.....looking like they could barely walk much less do any actual work. i mean honestly, how long could a dog like this run the mill? nick run 30 minutes and be completely recovered in 5-6 minutes.
sorry whoever's dog this is, it's just not to standard at all in my book whether it be ukc, adba, or any other registry for an APBT. i'd say it's bully all the way.

Razors Edge - Page 2 Dog-12-GAMBLES

here are a couple of my favorite pics of nick to show people.

abs of steel....lol
Razors Edge - Page 2 DSC02611

just chillin

Razors Edge - Page 2 DSC02324

been couped up in the house too long

Razors Edge - Page 2 DSC00699\

a good weekend at the show......nick's first place from Hank Greenwood.....his 3rd from elaine dodge. it was the missouri show. 3 dogs and all placed both days. he was pulled out for best of show....if i hadn't had some dumba$$ handling him he would have got it too!!!!!!!!!!!! lmao just kidding sedalia!!!! i had 2 in best of show so sedaliapitbulls handled him for me that day.

Razors Edge - Page 2 DSC02456

the last thing i'd say is alot of the RE dogs out there from a few years back could look damn good if some lazy owners would take some pride and work their dogs and not feed them 8 cups of (insert sh!tty kibble name here) thinking they should actually weigh 90 pounds. nick was a hefty 67 once believe it or not, and he stays around the 53 range now.

Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 12:14 am

you know i would have never believed that that dog was a RE dog I really like that dog. Nick is a good dog.

You auto consider putting him in our calander contest
Back to top Go down
tonka

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 10:34 pm

thanks for coming over boggieman...

tonymeade
Back to top Go down
ditchwitch95

ditchwitch95

Female Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 1:12 am

This is my Moo Moo

Razors Edge - Page 2 S6300310

She is (according to her pedigree) about 25% RE and 25% Watchdog with a little other stuff mixed in. She can out do all my dogs! She ran around a field behind my truck at 35 mph, jumping in the air while running. She is the only "bully" dog I have. She is slighly shorter than any of my other dogs, but she weighs right at 50lbs, and it is all muscle. Ivy is slightly taller than she is and only weighs around 35 lbs. Mooey is very laid back in the house, but she is full throttle once she hits the outside. And she has the strongest jaws of all the dogs too!
Back to top Go down
http://cherokeetrailkennels.tripod.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Razors Edge   Razors Edge - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Razors Edge
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next