Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not so safe landing....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

Not so safe landing.... Empty
PostSubject: Not so safe landing....   Not so safe landing.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 3:46 am

On Sunday I was outside with the dogs.. Well harley was going to the bathroom, and in the back yard he sprawls all fours out and crouches mere inches from the ground. So we're standing there, birds are chirpping flying around... all of a suddon out of no where.. this bird lands right on harley's paw. I was shocked.. it flew away instantly.. but even harley seemed shocked. Like he had a snack right there and didn't react in time to get it!! lol

We must have crazy birds around here.. last year..I think i made a post about a bird coming near Sasha's face.. can't really remember it was a while ago.. but what up with these birds.

Anyone else have anything like this happen? Something unexpected..
Back to top Go down
Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Female Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Not so safe landing....   Not so safe landing.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 8:25 am

That's funny. He was probably thinking "Wait...that's not supposed to happen"
Back to top Go down
http://prisonbluepitbulls.webs.com
alfisher3

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Not so safe landing....   Not so safe landing.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 1:31 pm

It's good to hear stories like this, it gives a lighter side of the breed to the general public. I wonder what was going on in that birds head though LOL
Back to top Go down
sf1986

sf1986

Male Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Not so safe landing....   Not so safe landing.... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:19 am

One thing that my dog does that I did not expect her to do is bury her bones and other tough chewy foods. I first noticed her do it a few months ago. I was looking out the window and could see her digging a hole next to a bush in the back yard. Next I saw her drop a bone in the shallow hole, then fill in the hole pushing dirt into it with her nose. I was suprised how meticulous she was filling in the hole. She worked at it for several minutes, pushing dirt in over and over until the hole was completely filled in. When she was finished, she looked up and her nose was dirt brown. Who knows how many things she has buried out there? Today, my son gave her a chewy toy. When I came home from work I was suprised to see her nudging the top couch cushion repeatedly with her nose, so I went to see what she was doing. She dropped the chewy toy behind the cushion so it was laying against the wall behind the couch and was trying to push the cushion back over the toy with her nose. I thought it was cute. Well, a short while after that, I heard one of my other dogs give a yipe; I think she nipped him when he went sniffing around toy that she so carefully covered up. I went up to check, and my other dog was fine, but I am sure he was nipped good. That will teach him to go snooping around her bones.
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Not so safe landing....   Not so safe landing.... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 2:22 am

alfisher3 wrote:
It's good to hear stories like this, it gives a lighter side of the breed to the general public. I wonder what was going on in that birds head though LOL

I agree Ant.. there is more to these dogs. No matter how "tough" or "game" etc.. these dogs do something special. As for the bird.. it prob thought OH F@#K!!

sf1986 wrote:
One thing that my dog does that I did not expect her to do is bury her bones and other tough chewy foods. I first noticed her do it a few months ago.

Hahaha... too funny!! I wonder how much stuff is out there in your yard!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not so safe landing....   Not so safe landing.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not so safe landing....
Page 1 of 1