Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are you a Back yard Breeder?

Go down 
+4
turtlebuster100
lovemypits
pitmamma
midwest_showdogs
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
turtlebuster100
2xwarned

Male Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Are you a Back yard Breeder? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Back yard Breeder?   Are you a Back yard Breeder? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:48 am

NOBODY SAID A THING ABOUT MIDWESTS DOGS DID THEY AN REMEMBER YOU WAS TRYING TO BREED TO ONE OF MY DOG @MIDWEST Laughing
Back to top Go down
turtlebuster100
2xwarned

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Back yard Breeder?   Are you a Back yard Breeder? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:49 am

AN DUNLAP WHO ARE YOU TO BE TELLING ME ANYTHING YOU AINT NOTHING IMPORTANT
Back to top Go down
pocketdunlap

Male Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Back yard Breeder?   Are you a Back yard Breeder? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:50 am

I know and neither are you killing me smallz
Back to top Go down
midwest_showdogs
midwest_showdogs

Male Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2007-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Back yard Breeder?   Are you a Back yard Breeder? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:51 am

all i said is like to find a bloodline that was equal to mine to better the dogs and no i didnt bash you so u better chill fellow
Back to top Go down
turtlebuster100
2xwarned

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Back yard Breeder?   Are you a Back yard Breeder? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:52 am

LOOK ONLY THING SMALL IS YOUR TALK LMAO
Back to top Go down
turtlebuster100
2xwarned

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Back yard Breeder?   Are you a Back yard Breeder? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:54 am

WHY DONT YOU GET ON YOUR BOYFRIND HE IS TALKING crap 2
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Back yard Breeder?   Are you a Back yard Breeder? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:56 am

I think everyone needs to take a step back and start over... bashing and bad mouthing gets us no where...
Back to top Go down
pocketdunlap

Male Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Back yard Breeder?   Are you a Back yard Breeder? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:57 am

UnLoCk ThE CApS LoCk--- SpecIal kid
Back to top Go down
turtlebuster100
2xwarned

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Back yard Breeder?   Are you a Back yard Breeder? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:59 am

WHY DONT YOU GET A LIVE BLIND KID rabbit
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Back yard Breeder?   Are you a Back yard Breeder? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:21 am

Ok back on track...........No I am not a breeder....backyard or any other type.....
Back to top Go down
dunlapfan
2xwarned

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Back yard Breeder?   Are you a Back yard Breeder? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:51 pm

I would say that those that breed dogs under 2 years old would be in the category. I would also say that the turtlebuster line is a fine line depending on the source. I have seen more than most here(not all) and I will also say that just because someone has fed their dad's dogs, that doesn't make you a dogman. I would also say that according to your handle you are only thirty so lets just say that you were 4(that's ridiculous but just giving you the benefit of the doubt) that would mean you fed your first dog 26 years ago. Pocket is older than that and so is turtle, myself, and most of the people on this site. I'm not hating or anything but lets be realistic and not let our imagination get the best of us. take care,
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Back yard Breeder?   Are you a Back yard Breeder? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 5:54 pm

First.. correct me if I'm wrong.. but I don't belive Mike ever claimed to be a dog man.. I think he was just stating he is not a newbie to the breed.

Second.. what qualifies a dog to be bred? Shall I start a new thread?
Back to top Go down
alfisher3

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Back yard Breeder?   Are you a Back yard Breeder? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 9:13 pm

I admit I'm a Back Yard Breeder, I'm pretty sure anytime I've ever made a breeding in the past it was either done in my backyard or someone else's depending on the location of the dogs being bred. But since I haven't bred a dog in over 3 years I guess I'm really not qualified to be considered a breeder at all now days.
Back to top Go down
owenm

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Back yard Breeder?   Are you a Back yard Breeder? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 6:11 am

In our country today we have many BYB as you call it, and it has become a problem now, concerning the APBT there is standards of breeding and guides that should be used, however people miss those and do it for other reasons, EG: Money, dogs looks nice, etc.. but reality it is killing the breed on each mating, I believe a dog needs to prove its worth before it gets bred to, tested, schooled etc and then breed the dog, but simples steps like that is missed and in most cases never works besides the guys that are still using the guides,
Would you breed to a CUR?
Would you sell a CUR, if you do, would you tell the new buyer?

too many mistakes are been made on this breeding plans.

lets just hope someday things will change,

Thanks for a good article !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Back yard Breeder?   Are you a Back yard Breeder? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you a Back yard Breeder?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2