Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'd Like an Honest Opinion...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Female Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-06-06

I'd Like an Honest Opinion... Empty
PostSubject: I'd Like an Honest Opinion...   I'd Like an Honest Opinion... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 1:21 am

I bred my female not too long ago and I said that if you are buying a puppy I am more than happy to let you witness the birth. I obviously am not letting people get right up there, they can witness it from a distance and have to be scrubbed up and sanitized. My reasoning was that getting a new dog is a big thing and what's more special than seeing it's birth? I also hope the buyers spend lots of time getting to know Reagan before the birth. I personally didn't feel like this was a stupid idea, but now there are somepeoplle going around talking crap on me for doing that and how letting people see the birth makes me ghetto and irresponsible. What do you guys think about this? Should I discourage people from viewing the birth?
Back to top Go down
http://prisonbluepitbulls.webs.com
sf1986

sf1986

Male Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: I'd Like an Honest Opinion...   I'd Like an Honest Opinion... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 1:48 am

I do not understand how letting people watch the birth makes you "ghetto". I think it can be a very educational experience watching an animal give birth. Oftentimes, people do not know what a live birth looks like, and after seeing one, they do, which is a good thing. I see no problem with your idea.
Back to top Go down
Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Prison Blue Pit Bulls

PostSubject: Re: I'd Like an Honest Opinion...   I'd Like an Honest Opinion... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 1:57 am

Thanks for your response! I was starting to wonder if it was a dumb idea, but I like it and am going to stick with it cheers
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf

shadowwolf

Female Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: I'd Like an Honest Opinion...   I'd Like an Honest Opinion... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:36 am

I was there for Ryker's birth. It was one of the most special things I've ever gotten to see and it's one of my fondest memories, too. I wish I'd been lucky enough to be/see the birth of my other two.

I'd Like an Honest Opinion... Oliver2
Back to top Go down
Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Prison Blue Pit Bulls

PostSubject: Re: I'd Like an Honest Opinion...   I'd Like an Honest Opinion... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 7:07 am

I've never gotten to see any of the dogs births, I do have pictures of Dookie right after he was born but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Prison Blue Pit Bulls

PostSubject: Re: I'd Like an Honest Opinion...   I'd Like an Honest Opinion... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 7:16 am

Do you feel like seeing the birth made your bond with Ryker more special?
Back to top Go down
suki
suki

Female Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: I'd Like an Honest Opinion...   I'd Like an Honest Opinion... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 9:05 pm

no matter where you go or what you do, some people are ALWAYS gunna talk crap~it's human nature... (sadly)
don't let their opinions bother you.
i would however be concerned about the potential anxiety "mom" may experience due to the on-lookers.
perhaps video it, maybe?

Last edited by suki on Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
suki
suki

Female Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: I'd Like an Honest Opinion...   I'd Like an Honest Opinion... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 9:06 pm

shadowwolf wrote:
I was there for Ryker's birth. It was one of the most special things I've ever gotten to see and it's one of my fondest memories, too. I wish I'd been lucky enough to be/see the birth of my other two.

I'd Like an Honest Opinion... Oliver2
AWESOME pic! truly defines precious!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: I'd Like an Honest Opinion...   I'd Like an Honest Opinion... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:37 pm

Don't think it is stupid or ghetto. But like Suki said, mom may not like the idea of having a bunch of people around. Besides that, it can take forever. But it is very educational and I do believe it can help with the bonding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'd Like an Honest Opinion...   I'd Like an Honest Opinion... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'd Like an Honest Opinion...
Page 1 of 1