Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Don't think I ever did the intro thing here...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ThaLadyPit

ThaLadyPit

Female Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Don't think I ever did the intro thing here... Empty
PostSubject: Don't think I ever did the intro thing here...   Don't think I ever did the intro thing here... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 8:49 am

Hello, all! I joined this forum quite a bit ago, but don't think I ever did the formal intro thing...so here it goes...
My name is Beverly a*k*a B.B. b*k*a Tha Lady Pit. I've been interested in this breed since I was about 12 years old (I'm now 26) and since I was 19, I've had APBTs of my own. I think the only other breed I would choose to own is a Rottweiler. I started out with a pit/chow/blue heeler (australian cattle dog) mix, and when she was about 1 y/o, I got my first purebred APBT, a red and white rednose (Wilder/Hemphill/Clouse/McCoy bloodlines). This was back before I ever joined a forum or knew anything about backyard breeders, etc. He was CKC reg (Continental Kennel Club, not Canadian), and I only paid $100 for him from a so-called breeder where I lived at in Texas at the time. After him, I got an ADBA reg choc/white choc nosed female out of Houston (approx 6 hrs from where I lived in West Texas). Again, being new and uneducated, I bred my CKC reg male w/an unreg white/brindle pie-bald female, kept my pic of the litter out of 9 pups, an all white, golden-eyed, rednose female (she had 3 red dots on her right ear, and her nose was butterfly, not completely red). After that, I had become a member of a breed forum, and was promptly and swiftly chewed out, cussed out, cut down, belittled, and educated about the mistakes I had made in the breed thus far, but one person was willing to give me a second chance to start fresh with a sound, well-bred show quality dog. It cost me more money than I could really afford after becoming a mother, separating from the military, being the spouse of an active duty service member, and becoming pregnant with our second daughter all before the dog was even paid for, but it was well worth it. Long story made short, his bite was off, I got a replacement from the breeder after agreeing to neuter him (got a female 2nd time around), he unfortunately passed away at the tender age of 2 y/o, and I recently lost his aunt (the female I got as a replacement) due to some unexpected run-ins with the law here in Georgia (not dog-related in any way). Since then, I've acquired a supposed Eli game-bred female. No papers, no known origin, so the bloodlines are just here-say. And, along with her, I got an APBT/GSD mix. They're approx 3-4 mos. apart in age, no I'm not breeding, yes I will get them both speutered. I have two beautiful daughters, ages 6 and almost 4 (bday coming Jan 26th), and one in the oven (due Jul 18th). Think that about covers it for now! Will talk to you all later!

Merry Christmas by the way!
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Don't think I ever did the intro thing here...   Don't think I ever did the intro thing here... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 2:48 pm

Wow! Welcome to the forum. Would love to see some pictures of your current and past dogs. I also purchased dogs from a BYB and deal with health issues... I'm sorry for your losses, and at such young ages.

Seen plenty of cussing out on other forums, never understood it. That helps no one. There are some great people here and I have learned a lot from some of them.

Enjoy, and Happy Holidays to you!
Back to top Go down
sf1986

sf1986

Male Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Don't think I ever did the intro thing here...   Don't think I ever did the intro thing here... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 6:33 pm

That is quite a story. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
suki
suki

Female Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Don't think I ever did the intro thing here...   Don't think I ever did the intro thing here... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 11:54 pm

no doubt ^
welcome to the forum, and as long as you LEARN from your mistakes, i guess that's all one can ask for.
Tx for the intro, and i'm with yah on the rott thing~awesome breed!!!!!! (owned 'em for almost 16 years).
enjoy your time, and Merry Christmas to you, as well!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Don't think I ever did the intro thing here...   Don't think I ever did the intro thing here... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:56 pm

Little late but Welcome
Back to top Go down
ThaLadyPit

ThaLadyPit

Female Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Don't think I ever did the intro thing here...   Don't think I ever did the intro thing here... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 5:28 am

Well, I've been hiding again.. been pretty frequent on gopitbull, and up until recently, also on PitHaven (that site is down now, and I have no idea why).. but I decided to pop in and see what's going on over here. I figured since I've been MIA so long, that I would just bump up my intro thread, instead of starting a whole new thread! Anyways, thx to everyone who welcomed me with open arms. Unfortunately, an unexpected turn of events caused me to have to place my beloved Lexus and Bentlie (my most recent pitties) in a new home. My mom had to place her chihuahuas, mated pair of cockatiels, and the cat as well. Anyone who's a member of GoPitbull is familiar with the story. I dont care to go into details, as I'm still upset over having to rehome my babies. Until I find another place to live, I'm going to be dogless for a while. Anyways...I'm now 6mos pregnant, and having yet another girl! I've chosen the name Trinity Ashia for her, and am working on a design for the tattoo I wish to get to symbolize her name, after she's born, of course! Well, I reckon I'm rambling now... so I'll go, but promise not to stay gone so long this time! Talk to everyone later!
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Don't think I ever did the intro thing here...   Don't think I ever did the intro thing here... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 5:21 pm

Welcome back! I'm sorry about the rehoming of your pets. I know that can be hard Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't think I ever did the intro thing here...   Don't think I ever did the intro thing here... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Don't think I ever did the intro thing here...
Page 1 of 1