Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

knollwood and watchdog bloodlines are they good?

Go down 
+4
Prison Blue Pit Bulls
rednya
midwest_showdogs
frenchy2007
8 posters
AuthorMessage
frenchy2007

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-10-23

knollwood and watchdog bloodlines are they good? Empty
PostSubject: knollwood and watchdog bloodlines are they good?   knollwood and watchdog bloodlines are they good? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 9:38 pm

im buying a puppie it has papers and the breeder said its knollwood and watchdog are those good bloodlines like what am i expecting this to be like stocky or what i want to mayby breed them for money in future years but for now just at a pet
and the mom is 65-75 lbs and the small 1 out of litter i think and the male 75-85 and im just needing info on bloodlines and stuff the puppies are adba registered is what he said so any help plz
Back to top Go down
midwest_showdogs
midwest_showdogs

Male Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2007-10-27

PostSubject: Re: knollwood and watchdog bloodlines are they good?   knollwood and watchdog bloodlines are they good? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 10:45 pm

well them bloodlines tend to run very big
Back to top Go down
rednya

rednya

Female Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: knollwood/watchdog   knollwood and watchdog bloodlines are they good? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 10:59 pm

Im not an expert on bloodlines, but what I've seen with those two is big, blocky dogs, a little lower to the ground. I've seen some mixed with the gotti or razors edge which tend to be low as well. Not my fave look, but alot of people seem to like the low ones.
Back to top Go down
Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Female Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: knollwood and watchdog bloodlines are they good?   knollwood and watchdog bloodlines are they good? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 11:31 pm

This dog is Watchdog

Watchdog's "Beezlebub" Pictures, Images and Photos
Back to top Go down
http://prisonbluepitbulls.webs.com
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: knollwood and watchdog bloodlines are they good?   knollwood and watchdog bloodlines are they good? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 1:33 am

frenchy2007 wrote:
i want to mayby breed them for money in future years

If that is the 'style' of dog you want that is fine, everyone has their favorite. But you should never get a dog, for the sake of making money off of it. Yes, I know you said a pet for now...but....
You also said the puppy was ADBA registered. This may be the case but you need to know the sizes (weights) you mentioned are out of standard for an ADBA APBT.
Back to top Go down
pilotgamedog

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: knollwood and watchdog bloodlines are they good?   knollwood and watchdog bloodlines are they good? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:57 pm

do not believe in the letter, many prankish breeder who only want to sell the dog.
Back to top Go down
suki
suki

Female Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: knollwood and watchdog bloodlines are they good?   knollwood and watchdog bloodlines are they good? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 11:03 pm

yeah, both lines run big, and as mentioned out of standard, by weight. these lines have the "big heads" shorter, stockier legs and many times are described as being "good watch dogs"~that in and of itself, kinda scares me..... they're more prone to health problems, joint problems inparticular, but if that's the 'look' you're going for, all the best to yah. i prefer these dogs a lil "taller" and leaner, but everyone has their own preference...
i'd most definitly ask to see both parents' papers and then go from there.
good luck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
smoke

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: knollwood and watchdog bloodlines are they good?   knollwood and watchdog bloodlines are they good? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 12:22 am

Well since nobody else is saying it I will. Don't buy that pup. Don't buy an APBT at all. There are enough breeders of this breed that don't know anything, we don't need any more! That's the nice way of saying there are idiots out there breeding garbage and filling up the shelters and we cant afford any newbies that may wanna breed their dog in the future. Here's what happens... Bozo number one buys a pup for 1,200, and wants to "make his money back" so he breeds that dog and peddles the pups for whatever he charges. Now bozo number one sells 8 to 10 pups to that many bozos that don't take into consideration that there are few reasons to breed(most will say one-gameness) and a million reasons not to. Breeding for money is the worst reason. Anyways, this could be a five page essay and I'm really not trying to be an ass, but sometimes it creeps up on me when I see what the future for these dogs is coming to.
Back to top Go down
suki
suki

Female Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: knollwood and watchdog bloodlines are they good?   knollwood and watchdog bloodlines are they good? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 1:54 am

^ actually, good post, and personally i would NOT touch that pup with a ten foot pole.
straight up answwer, straight up post=nice.
i'm not here to judge anyone and since i do have a tendency to be too blunt, honestly, you said what i was thinking...
either way, good luck to the OP, and i know asking questions IS how one learns, however obtaining a pup from this breeding or, one similar to it only provides breeders like the above mentioned to keep on doing what they're doing=breeding OUT of *TRUE* APBT standards which only encourages them to keep on keeping on. sadly,the reality is, if you (OP) don't purchase the pup, no doubt someone else will, which, in short only continues the cycle.... Sad
an APBT actually makes a lousy guard dog~that in and of itself should set off a red flag, along with "huge heads" and "100 lb monsters", etc. ...
again, personally not my "cup of tea" nor would i add to it, by purchasing such a pup from those lines~each to their own...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: knollwood and watchdog bloodlines are they good?   knollwood and watchdog bloodlines are they good? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

knollwood and watchdog bloodlines are they good?
Page 1 of 1