Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If you knew your pit bull was

Go down 
+10
pit4life
NavaehStarr
freekypixie
mindovermatter
suki
ericschevy
Rooster
SchismaticKennels
Dunlap
jamesraymond
14 posters
AuthorMessage
jamesraymond
3x

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2007-03-04

If you knew your pit bull was Empty
PostSubject: If you knew your pit bull was   If you knew your pit bull was Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 3:02 am

Human aggressive and has snapped at people and bite people but not hard, what would you do?

I honestly would put it to sleep. Even though I was attached I would not want to become a statistic or let this be fir for BSL
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083

PostSubject: Re: If you knew your pit bull was   If you knew your pit bull was Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 3:14 am

jamesraymond wrote:
Human aggressive and has snapped at people and bite people but not hard, what would you do?

I honestly would put it to sleep. Even though I was attached I would not want to become a statistic or let this be fir for BSL

It depends on how it all came about. Like the other day...I had a friend over that had just gotten back in from serving a year term in Europe. Any ways, I was feeding my dogs and there was a stupid ass cat that was getting them "worked up". I told him to be careful around Babygirl because she didnt take kindly to strangers unless I had her on a leash. He thought that he was gonna be "tough" and tease her... He about got ass torn up but it was HIS fault and he knew it so he couldnt say anything about it.

But if one of my dogs did bite someone for no reason at all...I would definately think twice about keeping him/her alive. I've had a couple of man bitters in the past that I had to kill so it wouldnt be that big of a deal to me. Now when I say bite, I dont mean a little warning snap or something like that... I'm talking about an attack on someone and THAT is what got a couple of my past mutts put in the ground.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
SchismaticKennels

SchismaticKennels

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: If you knew your pit bull was   If you knew your pit bull was Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 12:26 pm

I gotta agree, I expect my dogs to protect me and my family. In a protection situation, I'm not putting my dog down for biting. Sorry whether its a lab or a pit, its part of my family, and I expect it to act like it is.

Biting for absolutely no reason is rediculous. I wouldn't have a problem putting the dog down for that.
Back to top Go down
Rooster

Male Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: If you knew your pit bull was   If you knew your pit bull was Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 12:30 pm

I've only had 1 truly human aggressive dog. when I was 13 I had a chow-chow and when it hit about 2 years old he just wigged out one day. I went out to feed him and he jumped on me for no reason what so ever. I ended up with an armful of stitches .. well I went out there a few weeks later and shot that dog. Thats the only thing you can do with an HA dog in my opinion.

Now on the other hand a friend of mine comes over.. and he's like family he rarely knocks just comes on in..especially if i know he's coming over. Well a few months ago he comes in..and I had Boomer on the couch with me and I guess it startled him because he was asleep. He starts barking and growling and I tell him its ok and try and calm him down.. but like a jackass my buddy starts teasing him.. jumping at him and such. But Boomer never tried to bite him, he just got between my friend and myself and barked alot.

But I don't see that as HA.. I see that asboomer trying to protect me.
Back to top Go down
ericschevy

ericschevy

Male Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: If you knew your pit bull was   If you knew your pit bull was Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 12:28 am

Well, If it was for no reason at all, Then yes I would put it down.
As for loud and obnoxious teenagers that come barreling into the house unannounced? No, not unless it was just an all out attack would I consider it for that reason..I wouldn't worry about Rocky cause he loves everyone..However Zues is not so friendly at first, once he sees that everything is OK he don't care anymore. That is when it comes to the inside the house..Outside he don't pay much attention..
Back to top Go down
suki
suki

Female Number of posts : 405

PostSubject: Re: If you knew your pit bull was   If you knew your pit bull was Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 1:30 am

yup, if it was unprovoked or unwarranted, i'd send it to canine heaven. But if I feel a bite was justified, a good reprimand is in order and HOPEFULLY the dog'll learn.
Once is a fluke. Twice is a pattern...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

PostSubject: Re: If you knew your pit bull was   If you knew your pit bull was Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 1:59 am

suki wrote:
yup, if it was unprovoked or unwarranted, i'd send it to canine heaven. But if I feel a bite was justified, a good reprimand is in order and HOPEFULLY the dog'll learn.

Once is a fluke. Twice is a pattern... I'ma have to use that one lol.
Back to top Go down
mindovermatter

mindovermatter

Female Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: If you knew your pit bull was   If you knew your pit bull was Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 9:23 am

To answer the OPs question if the dog is snapping at people on a regular baisis and is actually biting people that is a NO NO!
for me that dog would be put down. As for the situation that the Admin stated where the guy goaded the dog well geeze what a moron..
I too would like to think that my mush faces would help me when my butt was on the line. If someone was threatening physical harm to myeslf or my children then yeah i hope that one of my dogs would come to our aide.
As far as at home and company is concerned once that front door opens and the person is allowed in they are expected to be the goofy dogs that they are and show that winning personalty that these dogs are known for!
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

PostSubject: Re: If you knew your pit bull was   If you knew your pit bull was Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 1:40 am

mindovermatter wrote:
To answer the OPs question if the dog is snapping at people on a regular baisis and is actually biting people that is a NO NO!
for me that dog would be put down. As for the situation that the Admin stated where the guy goaded the dog well geeze what a moron..
I too would like to think that my mush faces would help me when my butt was on the line. If someone was threatening physical harm to myeslf or my children then yeah i hope that one of my dogs would come to our aide.
As far as at home and company is concerned once that front door opens and the person is allowed in they are expected to be the goofy dogs that they are and show that winning personalty that these dogs are known for!

Yeah, I agree.

Although most people talk against it, my dogs are some damn good watch dogs. I expect them to put on a good "show" when a stranger comes into the yard. If I werent at home and someone came into the yard and tried "messing" around...they would get their ass bit, if the dog could reach them anyways. But if I am out there with them when a stranger comes up, they put up a show until I tell them it's alright. Then they turn into big babies and relax. Or when I have them on a leash out in public, they are perfectly fine until I say "watch em' " or "sick em' " lol. I havent "sicked" my dogs on anyone but I have scared a couple of people who needed it Wink

I was told by a sheriff's deputy that my property is my dog's property just the same. They have just as much rights as I do to defend it by any means necessary.
Back to top Go down
freekypixie

freekypixie

Female Number of posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: If you knew your pit bull was   If you knew your pit bull was Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 2:18 am

i am a dog groomer and i deal with alot of unstable dogs..... i know the difference between a dog that is unstable and a dog who is just protecing his master and home.....if your dog is a fear biter, a back biter, or a rage biter it should be put down..... end of subject.......as for me..... i refuse to have a biting dog on my yard (provoked dogs do not apply) (neither do happy nippers)..... however if i have a just plain want to bite dog........ its a dead dog to me.........
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/pentaclepits
NavaehStarr

NavaehStarr

Female Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: If you knew your pit bull was   If you knew your pit bull was Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 4:20 am

Putting a dog to sleep is a last resort for me. I had a cockapoo that would "nip" at everyone except me, my mom and my step dad. I made sure to keep O.B. away from people that I knew he would snap out, poor guy was already old. He wound up being taken to a rescue and trained to quit nipping at people.

My girl, if she completely wigged out and was biting people I would do what I could to correct it and if that didn't work then yes I would have her PTS. All she really does now is bark and with the people that I live with, I would be more apt to ask them what they did to my dog to make her flip, if she ever bit someone. I don't live with the smartest cookies when it comes to dog... (they are cat people - and cat people only)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/starrlightning
freekypixie

freekypixie

Female Number of posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: If you knew your pit bull was   If you knew your pit bull was Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 2:32 am

there are situations where a dog will bite and i feel its ok...........as always you have to take it by the dog....... you kow if your dog is just being mean or if there is a good reason....... its a common sense approach........
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/pentaclepits
pit4life

pit4life

Female Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: If you knew your pit bull was   If you knew your pit bull was Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 1:15 am

I would have it culled (put to sleep)

I will NOT risk a man biter, with or without the threat of BSL. I dont care what breed it is, no man biter for me!
Back to top Go down
JhnsnsKennel

JhnsnsKennel

Female Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: If you knew your pit bull was   If you knew your pit bull was Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 4:13 pm

suki wrote:

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/jhnsnsukcapbts/
shadowwolf

shadowwolf

Female Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: If you knew your pit bull was   If you knew your pit bull was Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 7:17 pm

Two words....blue juice. I don't tolerate human aggressive dogs of any breed.
Back to top Go down
GSDBulldog

GSDBulldog

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: If you knew your pit bull was   If you knew your pit bull was Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 1:32 am

I have dealt with excite-biters and feel that many bites are the result of poor handling.

However, I would not hesitate to euthanize a pit bull with characteristics not typical of the breed. This includes an overly fearful or timid temperament, an outwardly aggressive dog, or a dog who is protective of property.

While I will gladly work with my own dogs in terms of temperament issues, any dog in our rescue program who does not display a perfect & 100% sound temperament will be euthanized. No if's, and's, or but's.
Back to top Go down
bullygirl807

bullygirl807

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-05-06

PostSubject: Re: If you knew your pit bull was   If you knew your pit bull was Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 2:04 pm

JhnsnsKennel wrote:
suki wrote:

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with this as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you knew your pit bull was   If you knew your pit bull was Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you knew your pit bull was
Page 1 of 1