Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question about Pulling

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Female Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Question about Pulling Empty
PostSubject: Question about Pulling   Question about Pulling Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 6:35 am

Jaws for whatever reason turns into a total butthole when he pulls. He has this thing where he attacks the leash and if he gets it in his mouth, he decides the game is over and leaves the rail. He also bites at my husband when he hooks him up and it doesn;t help him that we get stressed out over how Jaws acts. Oddly, he loves to sled. I hook him up, no problems and he wags his tail the whole time we train. One person suggested to me to make him be submissive on his side every time he acts out, but I think there's got to be another solution.
Back to top Go down
http://prisonbluepitbulls.webs.com
jeremy @ aftershockennels

jeremy @ aftershockennels

Male Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Question about Pulling   Question about Pulling Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 8:14 am

get a bite pad and let him bite it when he is done pulling

http://www.fordogtrainer.com/dog-training-equipment-k9-police-service-working-schutzhund.html

i had the same problem with a blue bully i couldent fix the problem so i sold him
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Question about Pulling   Question about Pulling Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 1:19 pm

I'm by far no expert....but, how long have you been pulling with him? When I first started "training" Harley he would bite at the hook, not the person hooking him up... but he did NOT want anything hooked up to his harness. As he got used to it, he stopped doing that.
Back to top Go down
Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Prison Blue Pit Bulls

PostSubject: Re: Question about Pulling   Question about Pulling Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 4:12 pm

you know what? I think he does bite at the hook. Oddly, we took him to the COunty Fair and let him pull as a demo and he did not act up once. We were outside and he was pulling just a plain cart. I don't know if that's why he was behaving or what. Jaws started pulling April, but I don't get to put him on the rails as much as I should since its an hour drive to train.
Back to top Go down
midwest_showdogs
midwest_showdogs

Male Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2007-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Question about Pulling   Question about Pulling Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 10:39 pm

just make it the most exiciting thing you can if his show interest in the track anything about it make it fun for him sounds like he needs to be enforced that its fun and the thing about the biting if he is biting at you well i dont want to say this i had one like that and i never was able to fix him and he started acting out all the time in the house i had to put him down. theres no room for a dog that will bite but anyways since then i have trained several dogs to pull. and sometimes the submissive thing works to just need to know your dog and what he is thinking
Back to top Go down
Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Prison Blue Pit Bulls

PostSubject: Re: Question about Pulling   Question about Pulling Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 11:15 pm

Well I learned something about him the other day. The biting I figured out isn't directed at much of anything, he starts doing it when pulling is hard. SO I took a piece of wood to distract him and he was more concerned about getting the stick than anything else. I also learned that he is a natural at sled sprint! He's got a show Saturday so let's see if the stick helps.
What's crazy is other than when pulls, he is calm and gentle, we've never had a problem with him before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Pulling   Question about Pulling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about Pulling
Page 1 of 1