Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Intro - Lucky & PetitionAgainstBSLinPA

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PetitionAgainstBSLinPA

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Intro - Lucky & PetitionAgainstBSLinPA Empty
PostSubject: Intro - Lucky & PetitionAgainstBSLinPA   Intro - Lucky & PetitionAgainstBSLinPA Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 3:56 pm

Hi,

Introducing myself (Harriet) and my girl, Lucky, who I adopted in October 2007 after she'd been hit by a car. Found her there, called the local shelter, who upon arrival to collect her, informed me that she would be held for 48 hours as required by law, and then put down if no one claimed her. I ended up claiming her, since no one else did. I think she's beautiful, even though the accident left some scars on her.

The shelter listed her as a "pit or pit mix"; but since then, based on observations from others, she's probably an American Staffordshire Terrier. Based on observations from trainers, fellow dog-people, and my vet, we believe she was about 1 year old when I got her, had already been bred, was probably kept mostly in a cage or crate, and may have been beaten or threatened with certain types of objects, and was never taught the concept of play. She was completely untrained when I got her, and we are making progress. We have a major issue of her being dog-aggressive when on leash, although she usually does well at a local off-leash dog park, unless someone brings toys, then sometimes dogs get possessive and snarls happen. We're working on that; but nine months since I took her in, she's learned to walk passably well on a leash, some basic obedience commands, how to play, and so learning continues.

We're near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

We also have a petition out to fight BSL in PA, because Pennsylvania House Representative John Galloway authored a bill that would allow BSL in PA. It's to be voted on in the fall, I think; originally he was pressing for a vote in July, but he's been getting pressure to drop the bill.

I have both a paper petition for people I can reach in my area, as well as an online petition for people to sign at http://www.thepetitionsite.com/petition/830660888, so far I have 1,958 signatures online, but I would like to get as many as possible before this bill is brought to be voted on by the house.

Please consider signing the petition, and please don't be anonymous.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Intro - Lucky & PetitionAgainstBSLinPA   Intro - Lucky & PetitionAgainstBSLinPA Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 4:27 pm

Welcome!! I signed your petition awhile back.... I have read on some other forums all that you are doing for fighting BSL in PA I think it's great!! Even though I'm in WI thanks for all your doing!
Back to top Go down
MidnightSkyKnl
MidnightSkyKnl

Female Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2007-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Intro - Lucky & PetitionAgainstBSLinPA   Intro - Lucky & PetitionAgainstBSLinPA Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 7:43 pm

Welcome to the Forum!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightskykennels.com
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Intro - Lucky & PetitionAgainstBSLinPA   Intro - Lucky & PetitionAgainstBSLinPA Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 10:31 pm

Welcome to the forum. You are doing a great thing, petitoning against BSL, we need more like you. You also did a grat thing adopting Lucky, she is one lucky girl. Being so young and already bred, poor thing....

Last edited by pitmamma on Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nagbehr

nagbehr

Female Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Intro - Lucky & PetitionAgainstBSLinPA   Intro - Lucky & PetitionAgainstBSLinPA Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 4:10 am

Hi! We're from PA too!

Signed the petition and going to repost the link for our friends on myspace as well!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/megandwade
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intro - Lucky & PetitionAgainstBSLinPA   Intro - Lucky & PetitionAgainstBSLinPA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intro - Lucky & PetitionAgainstBSLinPA
Page 1 of 1