Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For you dog food people out there

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

For you dog food people out there Empty
PostSubject: For you dog food people out there   For you dog food people out there Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 8:52 pm

How does this look

Ingredients: Salmon, Whole Dried Eggs, Pea Protein, Oats, Vegetable Broth, Pearled Barley, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Pea Flour, Chicken Liver, Chicken, Flaxseed, Salmon Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Pea Fiber, Sweet Potatoes, Apples, Blueberries, Green Beans, Carrots, Cranberries, Zucchini, Alfalfa, Inulin, Calcium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, Salt, Folic Acid, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Cobalt Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Bitartrate, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Riboflavin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Bifidobacterium Longum, Enterococcous Faecium, Lactobacillus Plantarum, Calcium Iodate, Biotin, Sodium Selenite.
Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein - 28.0% Min
Crude Fat - 16.0% Min
Crude Fiber - 6.5% Max
Moisture - 10.0% Max
Omega 6 Fatty Acids - 3.0% Min*
Omega 3 Fatty Acids - .48% Min*
Taurine - 0.1% Min*
Lactobacillus Acidophilus - 120,000,000 CFU/lb Min*
Bifidobacterium Longum - 120,000,000 CFU/lb Min*
Lactobacillus Plantarum - 120,000,000 CFU/lb Min*
Enterococcous Faecium - 120,000,000 CFU/lb Min*
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Nutrient Profiles
Back to top Go down
alfisher3

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-05

PostSubject: Re: For you dog food people out there   For you dog food people out there Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 9:16 pm

I don't know what brand that is, but the ingredients look nice, my only preferrence is a little less protein and a little more fat, but I love the high fiber as well. What's the brand of this food?
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

PostSubject: Re: For you dog food people out there   For you dog food people out there Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 10:36 pm

It is called, um I thought I saved it lol, I have to look it up lol...It is called Spot's Stew

http://shop.halopets.com/Natural-Dog-Food
but man this stuff is $24.99 for a 10 lb bag.....

Here is their canned version
Ingredients: Lamb, chicken broth, carrots, green beans, beef liver, yellow squash, zucchini, celery, green peas, mustard greens, dicalcium phosphate, dried kelp, barley flour, flax seed meal, oats, barley, calcium citrate, pumpkin, sweet potato

Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein - 4.0% min.
Crude Fat - 7.0% min.
Crude Fiber - 4.5% max.
Moisture - 86.0% max

It is only $59.88 for 12 20 oz cans
Back to top Go down
alfisher3

PostSubject: Re: For you dog food people out there   For you dog food people out there Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 11:10 pm

That might be some good food but it's out of my pricing budget LOL.
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf

shadowwolf

Female Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: For you dog food people out there   For you dog food people out there Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:23 pm

Eh, Halo's okay but they started off as a grocery store brand so I personally won't support them.
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

PostSubject: Re: For you dog food people out there   For you dog food people out there Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 11:26 pm

I guess I am just different.....I really don't care where the product is sold. I won't be buying simply for the fact that I cannot afford it. But the ingredients do look very good.
Back to top Go down
alfisher3

PostSubject: Re: For you dog food people out there   For you dog food people out there Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 3:56 pm

I agree with Pitmamma, I don't think feed being commercial vs. non-commercial determines the quality of the feed, b/c I have seen just as many non-commercial feeds that are as crappy as commercial feeds. Dogs are svavengers by nature and they love scraps and by-products. And to stick with the topic this feed looks nice just out of my price.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For you dog food people out there   For you dog food people out there Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For you dog food people out there
Page 1 of 1