Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FW: Keyword News: Pit Bull Going Home

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rdowsdirectoratlarge

Male Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-10-03

FW: Keyword News: Pit Bull Going Home Empty
PostSubject: FW: Keyword News: Pit Bull Going Home   FW: Keyword News: Pit Bull Going Home Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:12 pm

Yahoo! Alerts Yahoo! News - My Alerts - Edit Alert

Thursday, March 27, 2008 1:24 PM PDT

Kane going home!
WTSP - Tampa Bay's 10 News Thu, 27 Mar 2008 9:49 AM PDT
Kane, the pit bull terrier that was locked up after biting a veterinary technician last year, is set to be released from Hillsborough County Animal Services Thursday.

See more news stories that match my keyword

Kane going home!
By: Janie Porter
Hillsborough County, Florida – After two appeals and plenty of barks from the public, a pit bull terrier that bit a veterinary technician is finally free to go home.
Kane has been sitting on death row at Hillsborough County Animal Services for the last year and a half, according to animal law attorney Jennifer Dietz, who is representing Kane’s owner.
In that time, Dietz says Kane has not been touched by human hands or socialized with any other dogs.
Kane was declared a dangerous dog after he ripped the pants of an animal control officer who confronted him. The dog was not removed from the home.
Then, Kane bit a veterinary technician. Dietz says it only happened after Kane was accidentally dropped on his head. The dog bit the technician as she bent down to see if he was okay.
“He was just scared,” she said.
Immediately, he was locked up at Hillsborough County Animal Services. Animal control wanted to euthanize Kane, but Tiffany Eckert, Kane’s owner, fought to stop it.
In August, a judge sided with Eckert. The county appealed that decision. But again, the judge ordered Kane must be set free.
On top of that, the county will be ordered to pay the roughly $12 a day it cost to keep Kane incarcerated. Normally, the family would be held responsible for that.
On Thursday afternoon, Kane will be released from his cell and return home with his family.
“I am ecstatic. I feel bad for this dog, but I’m ecstatic,” Dietz said.
Janie Porter, Tampa Bay's 10 News

JSD
BTCA Legislative Liaison, Chair: chevalierbts@yahoo.com
BSLWorkshop, Vice President: BSLWorkshop@chevalier-bullteriers.com,
RDOWS, Assistant to the Chair, Director at Large: rdowsdirectoratlarge@chevalier-bullterriers.com
UAOA, Assistant to the Chair: Chevalier@chevalier-bullterriers.com, RDOG-GA: Director
BullyDomain.com, Staff: Chevalier@chevalier-bullterriers.com
Back to top Go down

FW: Keyword News: Pit Bull Going Home
Page 1 of 1