Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tampa Bay Pit Bull Awareness and Responsible Ownership Day

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ultimatek9

Female Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Tampa Bay Pit Bull Awareness and Responsible Ownership Day Empty
PostSubject: Tampa Bay Pit Bull Awareness and Responsible Ownership Day   Tampa Bay Pit Bull Awareness and Responsible Ownership Day Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 10:09 pm

I am working on planning a Pit Bull Awareness and Responible Ownership Day, in conjunction with the 2nd annual national Pit Bull Awareness Day (http://www.blessthebullys.com/id111.html).
This event will be held on Saturday October 25, 2008. I am still working on a location, but it will be in the Tampa Bay, Florida area.
I am hoping to host ATTS testing; as well as, AKC CGC certification at the event. I am still working on a list of clubs, rescues, vendors, etc.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a location, preferably with an indoor or covered area, where we could hold this event.
I wasn't planning on charging any of the groups to participate, and therefore would really like to find somewhere that would donate the space.
I am also looking for any local groups, pet related businesses, rescues, people, etc. that are interested in getting involved.

Thanks for any suggestions or info.

Last edited by on Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.SuperPitBulls.com
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Pit Bull Awareness and Responsible Ownership Day   Tampa Bay Pit Bull Awareness and Responsible Ownership Day Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 11:00 pm

Hello!! Well.. last year Sisco's Project and I planned and held the 1st Annual Pit Bull Awareness Day. All I did was ask the local feed store. They actually had a back half of the store I didn't even know existed and they offered it to me for free. We sold food and beverages and held raffles. All the money we raised went to donation. For the raffles literaly, I called every single dog related place in my area. Pet stores, pet boarding facilities, and grooming salons... even Lisa at collarmania. They all donated, we had a bunch of things to raffle. This year we are going to get a bigger jump on planning so it is not so last minute. But so far, my brother and I have started to build a guitar from scratch that will have a pit bull on it (thank you to my most beautiful model Reddy) and that $$ will go towards the donations also. You can call walmart, and any local grocery store, they will also donate to put $$ towards food or plates or etc... I have pics of it here on the site somewhere..... Oh and if you call the local stores for donations.. tell them 100% of the proceeds are going to charity and part of it to the local shelter. I was able to get more $ that way, and we just donated portion to the local shelter here but the bulk of it went to a pit bull rescue. Also, you could join dogster or dogphoria and look up pit bulls in your area and message them about the day they may be able to help you and you can start a good network that way!
Back to top Go down
ultimatek9

Female Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Pit Bull Awareness and Responsible Ownership Day   Tampa Bay Pit Bull Awareness and Responsible Ownership Day Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 11:13 pm

I am going to be holding the Tampa Bay Pit Bull Awareness and Responsible Ownership Day (October 25, 2008) at the Florida State Fairgrounds. It is going to cost me more than I was looking to spend, but I think a venue like this will attract a lot more people.

This is what is in the works so far:

The SPCA of Tampa Bay will be manning a both with info about their organization, bringing out adoptable "pitbulls", and performing the Canine Good Citizen testing. (I have discussed this with and they are very interested in participating.)

The Mid-Florida American Pit Bull Terrier Association will be manning a booth with info about the club, setting up their weightpull track, and performing weightpulling demos. I have also discussed allowing the public to "pay per pull" to give their dog's a chance on the track ($2 a pull/3 pulls for $5).

I have contacted the American Temperament Testing Society about hosting the ATTS test at the event.

The Dog Training Club of St. Petersburg will be manning a booth with club info. Possibly doing agility and/or obedience demos. Jaeger and his flyball team will probably be doing a demo too.

Top Dawg Schutzhund Club may be doing a demo, and I have offered them a booth for the club as well as for their foster pitbulls.

SPOT (Stop Pet Overpopulation Together) will be manning a booth with information about their programs.

I also will be contacting the EBA about having a representative attend or sending information to hand out.

I currently have a couple of vendors that will probably be setting up booths:
Natural Balance
Fromm
Paws For Health
I am working on more, so feel free to suggest some or put them in contact with me.

Also my friend might be doing a mini-seminar/demo about working with and training service/assistance dogs.

I haven't worked everything out just yet, and will hopefully be getting more groups and vendors involved.

Also, I am planning on the event being from 10am - 5pm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.SuperPitBulls.com
marlenadee

marlenadee

Female Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Pit Bull Awareness and Responsible Ownership Day   Tampa Bay Pit Bull Awareness and Responsible Ownership Day Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 12:49 am

I look forward to the event and If you need something that I can help with I will so let me know Surprised
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=marlenadee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Pit Bull Awareness and Responsible Ownership Day   Tampa Bay Pit Bull Awareness and Responsible Ownership Day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tampa Bay Pit Bull Awareness and Responsible Ownership Day
Page 1 of 1