Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where would I find Dog Training classes

Go down 
+3
shadowwolf
pitmamma
marlenadee
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
pandoras_pits

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Where would I find Dog Training classes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where would I find Dog Training classes   Where would I find Dog Training classes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 6:01 am

i would suggest leerburg.com (do it yourself training dvds) hes been training for 30+ years and does everything from basic dog obedience to personal protection and police k9 training... i believe hes been doing it since early 70s or maybe thats breeding german shepards but i may be wrong..... i would atleast check out the articles on his site and then you can go from there

i wouldnt suggest pet smart (imo) they dont teach any of the correction phases or go through them either!!! If anything find a good reputable trainer localy dont get anyone that uses the yank and crank methods and so on.... and that are going to go through correction phase training with you.... cause honestly you tell your dog to come and they do fine its all good but when there runing out after something and you dont work on distraction parts of it they could get hurt badly(given situations)!!!!

Just remember the training that you do (saying come and etc) may save your dogs life one day.... and be picky!!!!

Im not quit sure exactly where your at i believe you said tampa bay area? not exactly sure how far you are from ocala but i do know of a very good trainer there that does all of my aunt and uncles german shepards and they are awesome!!!

anyways g/l
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf

shadowwolf

Female Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Where would I find Dog Training classes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where would I find Dog Training classes   Where would I find Dog Training classes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 11:33 pm

pandoras_pits wrote:
i would suggest leerburg.com (do it yourself training dvds) hes been training for 30+ years and does everything from basic dog obedience to personal protection and police k9 training... i believe hes been doing it since early 70s or maybe thats breeding german shepards but i may be wrong..... i would atleast check out the articles on his site and then you can go from there

i wouldnt suggest pet smart (imo) they dont teach any of the correction phases or go through them either!!! If anything find a good reputable trainer localy dont get anyone that uses the yank and crank methods and so on.... and that are going to go through correction phase training with you.... cause honestly you tell your dog to come and they do fine its all good but when there runing out after something and you dont work on distraction parts of it they could get hurt badly(given situations)!!!!

Just remember the training that you do (saying come and etc) may save your dogs life one day.... and be picky!!!!

Im not quit sure exactly where your at i believe you said tampa bay area? not exactly sure how far you are from ocala but i do know of a very good trainer there that does all of my aunt and uncles german shepards and they are awesome!!!

anyways g/l

Not all dogs need compulsion/correction-based training. Many dogs do incredibly well positive reinforcement (which is what Petsmart and many other trainers use!) training solutions.

And as far as Leerburg, I've heard some very negative things about the harshness of the techniques used by them.
Back to top Go down

Where would I find Dog Training classes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2