Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Dogfood I'm trying

Go down 
+3
Prison Blue Pit Bulls
shadowwolf
alfisher3
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
alfisher3

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-05

New Dogfood I'm trying - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dogfood I'm trying   New Dogfood I'm trying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:16 am

Thanks Suki, you definitely know quiet extensively about K9 nutrition, heck can I hire you as my own nutritionist j/k. But I really do appreciate all the info, a lot of it I'm already aware of but there were some things I read on the AAFCO article that I hadn't really looked much into before. Hopefully my dogs will work well on the Exceed and continue to thrive without problem I mean I'm at the point I'm getting tired of switching dog food, I wish there was truly a superior dry kibble out there.
Back to top Go down
suki
suki

Female Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: New Dogfood I'm trying   New Dogfood I'm trying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:01 pm

you're VERY welcome! rendeer
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
alfisher3

PostSubject: Re: New Dogfood I'm trying   New Dogfood I'm trying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:05 pm

Hey Suki, if there was one dry kibble out there that you would say is the complete package and wouldn't require supplementing or any meat added, which brand would it be. I mean normally the price I would end up paying as oppose to using supplements normally come up to about the same cost anyway, but I just honestly don't have the time nor proper understanding for a raw/barf diet.
Back to top Go down
suki
suki

PostSubject: Re: New Dogfood I'm trying   New Dogfood I'm trying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 10:50 pm

I'd say Evo. It's high protein, low carb and NO (lovin this) grains. MOST dry foods rely on vetetables for their main source of proteins. Evo uses a more meat based protein, which is highly digestible and palatable=providing maxium nutrient absorrtion and bioavailability. Ans since its protein is higher, this, in turn increases a dogs' level of amino acids=which provides additional energy levels. which is great for a 'working' breed such an the APBT. higher levels of protein also boost a dogs' immune system, which in turn helps to ward off various illnesses and stress related issues.
and as far as grains go (sigh)...
think about it, short of dogs in the wild who ate animals that may have had grains in their stomachs already, grains were almost never a food source for canines. grains are meerly a low standard source of caloric energy, linked commonly to gluten intolerance, food allergies, dogs getting fat and a contributing factor to insulin intolerance/resistance. kinda makes one wonder, huh? they're just "fillers" if you ask me, to add weight to their bags, to increase, (in short) the price.
another plus is ALL their ingredients are human edible~pretty sweet, if you ask me! Wink
but, yeah, it's pricey and feeding more than one dog with it makes it short lived in my house, being the "poor white girl" that i am... (for real) hence, the addition of the Canidae~which helps stretch the bags some.
but yeah, in a heart beat, i'd go solely with Evo (small bites) if i could afford to.
ah well, gunna be rich in my next life.
(i'm rich in love, so can't complain!!!!) I love you
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf

shadowwolf

Female Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: New Dogfood I'm trying   New Dogfood I'm trying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 11:24 pm

suki wrote:
I'd say Evo.

Ha! I knew you'd say that. I was gonna respond, but it wasn't addressed to me. Laughing
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: New Dogfood I'm trying   New Dogfood I'm trying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 12:33 am

shadowwolf wrote:
suki wrote:
I'd say Evo.

Ha! I knew you'd say that. I was gonna respond, but it wasn't addressed to me. Laughing

Okay smarty pants.. it is now. What are your thoughts Amanda??
Back to top Go down
alfisher3

PostSubject: Re: New Dogfood I'm trying   New Dogfood I'm trying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 12:35 am

LOL, Shadow no reason to bite your tongue, your response would have been collectively appreciated as well. I mean it is a question about nutrition and my point is, if there is a dry kibble that honestly does the job w/o the assistance of any meat or supplements then it actually wouldn't be that bad since I use supplements almost religiously in my dogs diets.
Back to top Go down
suki
suki

PostSubject: Re: New Dogfood I'm trying   New Dogfood I'm trying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 12:51 am

shadowwolf wrote:
suki wrote:
I'd say Evo.

LOL!!!!!!!! yup, told yah, i'm a food snob!!!!! Wink
tx for the laugh!!!!!
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf

shadowwolf

PostSubject: Re: New Dogfood I'm trying   New Dogfood I'm trying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 2:41 am

lovemypits wrote:
Okay smarty pants.. it is now. What are your thoughts Amanda?? [/b] [/color]

I, believe it or not, agree with Suki. I know, novel concept for me to agree, but I adore Evo. My dogs, however, tell me to piss off if they get straight Evo, so they get Blue Wilderness and Evo.
Back to top Go down
alfisher3

PostSubject: Re: New Dogfood I'm trying   New Dogfood I'm trying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 5:34 pm

Does anyone know of any sites that have videos showing inside a Dog Food Processing Plant, and how it's made from start to finish?
Back to top Go down
suki
suki

PostSubject: Re: New Dogfood I'm trying   New Dogfood I'm trying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 2:38 am

i THINK i did have one, once upon a time, but now it won't open. (if this is the same one i'm thinking of)

here's a lot of stuff to read tho, if it doesn't open (if you're interested)

http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/health/diet.htm#
that link was located in the 6th topic, under "A look inside a rendering plant"
maybe you can get it to open?
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf

shadowwolf

PostSubject: Re: New Dogfood I'm trying   New Dogfood I'm trying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 2:56 am

Nope. I think they took it down a while ago. I remember that one.
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: New Dogfood I'm trying   New Dogfood I'm trying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 6:26 pm

I am a bit late to the playground...lol
but I have fed Missy Exceed (lamb) and she did well on it.
It has been said a million times but it is still true. All dogs will respond differently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Dogfood I'm trying   New Dogfood I'm trying - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Dogfood I'm trying
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pit Bull Family :: Dog Discussion :: Pit Bull Related-
Jump to: