Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

cage fights

Go down 
+2
alfisher3
sedaliapridekennels
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Male Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2007-06-03

cage fights Empty
PostSubject: cage fights   cage fights Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 8:59 pm

hey guys just let everyone know got my first cage figt scheduled it will be September 13th I,ll proballybe fighting in the 140-145 pound class here in springfield at the amiture matches This will be my first fight. oh by the way it is MMA
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/sedaliapitbulls
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

cage fights Empty
PostSubject: Re: cage fights   cage fights Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 8:59 pm

If anyone is intersted in going i got 6 free tickes i,ll give away
Back to top Go down
alfisher3

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-05

cage fights Empty
PostSubject: Re: cage fights   cage fights Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 9:28 pm

How long have you been training for this event? Man you got a pretty low dry weight for a 6ft guy LOL, good luck in your match and don't forget to duck man. But If you can get some footage on the match do share. I don't think I have what it takes to even try to get into a cage like that and slug it out. Goodluck!!!
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

cage fights Empty
PostSubject: Re: cage fights   cage fights Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 11:57 pm

My face is way too pretty, lol, just kidding.....that just sounds like pain.
Back to top Go down
sf1986

sf1986

Male Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-05-04

cage fights Empty
PostSubject: Re: cage fights   cage fights Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 12:56 am

Good luck man. Kick some butt! Many years ago, I did some amateur boxing. It was long before MMA was around. If MMA was around then, I'm sure I would have done it instead. I'm a huge fan of MMA. My record was 6 wins 2 losses and 2 ko's. Both losses were in the other guys home towns and were by split decision. Not bad. The most important thing you can do is be prepared. Make sure you can go the distance without getting tired. Most of the time, the one who gets tired first is the one who loses. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

cage fights Empty
PostSubject: Re: cage fights   cage fights Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 1:41 am

Hopefully you can get some of this on video to share with us.
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

cage fights Empty
PostSubject: Re: cage fights   cage fights Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 3:13 am

well my weight is 156 right now but my trainer wants me down to 145 with my body stucture other words i,ll be going into some preatty big guys. My training actually started yesterday today i practed with my instuctor for about 3 hours tommorow i,m doing 4 hours after work he after my fist day i signed up for the match i,m getting into this and he sais i should be good and ready for my first amiture match. My good friend j. king who is helping me is a pro fighter and is also goign to help me get ready.

my instructor is BRAD "THE BULL" SAWYER
Record 9-2-1

his brother is "Ironman" Jason WOOD
Record 20-6

who is a professional aswell as jon who is my friend they both judge the amiture matches.

brad sawyer is also a amiture elite fight champion
the team i will be goinging is the elite strike team springfield missouri that is the team that will be training me and mentoring under but brad sawyer is our instructor
Back to top Go down
sf1986

sf1986

cage fights Empty
PostSubject: Re: cage fights   cage fights Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 3:32 am

It looks like you've got some good people around you. That makes all of the difference in the world. I will tell you, from my experience you can learn alot about fighting by observing these dogs. If you have one, then you probably know what I am talking about. Some characteristics about these dogs that you can imitate that will make you a better fighter are the following:
1) They never quit.
2) They do not turn away from a painful situation; they impose pain back.
3) They are very smart.
4) When they start something, they give it everything they have.
5) They will take a long beating, only to get up and finish a fight.
6) When the opponent starts to quit, they pick up the pace; they are finishers.
7) Given the opportunity, they will train very hard; they love to exercise.

These are just a few things that I have observed in this breed of dog. I think if you apply these things to your fighting game, you will give yourself a good chance of winning.
Back to top Go down
gamebred79

gamebred79

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-01-17

cage fights Empty
PostSubject: Re: cage fights   cage fights Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 10:53 pm

good luck to you man. from a guy who has fought in mma and watch it all the time, I hope you have your ground game in tact. at 145 you shouldnt be fighting guys that big at all. Im only 5'8" and i fight at 185. being a taller guy in a smaller weight class you will be at a disadvantage. Always remember chin down, dont give up your back, and cardio wins fights.
Ive been in this game for awhile. ive seen every rookie make the same mistakes.
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

cage fights Empty
PostSubject: Re: cage fights   cage fights Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 1:19 am

thanks man keep the advice coming
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

cage fights Empty
PostSubject: Re: cage fights   cage fights Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 4:45 pm

hey gamebred what is your thoughts on running/jogging and how often in preporation
Back to top Go down
gamebred79

gamebred79

cage fights Empty
PostSubject: Re: cage fights   cage fights Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 2:16 am

you better be jogging as much as possible. every day up to3 days before the fight.If your not in shape then start with 3 mile and work up to 6 miles. your lungs need to be able to pump O2 to your muscles. in between those miles do sprints cause that will simulate a fight. Sparring and rolling is also very important. since you've never fought before you dont really know what its like to get hit. dont be afraid to take a hit to give one. just dont make it a habit of getting hit alot.lol If your fighting a shorter guy then you will have to worry about getting taken down. me being 5'8" i usally fight guys taller and i power them to the ground and submit with ease. sprawl and brawl bro, keep legs apart and dont have your limb dangling.
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

cage fights Empty
PostSubject: Re: cage fights   cage fights Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 3:22 am

cool cool I get to fight with brad tommorow i,m excited about that he is a Champion fighter. I have been running Sprinting is a good ideal i auto do that.
Back to top Go down
sf1986

sf1986

cage fights Empty
PostSubject: Re: cage fights   cage fights Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 7:53 pm

I just wanted to post my opinion on boxing vs MMA, specifically which is best in real world self defense. Hypothetically, if a match is made between a good boxer and a good MMA fighter, under the rules of the octogan, then the MMA fighter would likely win. The MMA fighter would likely get a take down and eventually a submission against an opponent who is not skilled at defending on the a ground. On the other hand, if the situation is reversed and a good MMA fighter is matched into a good boxer under the boxing rules, the MMA fighter would likely take more punches and likely be knocked out because of the mismatch in stand up skills. So, it is safe to say that either style can be superior; it just depends on the rules of the fight.
In a real world fight, the context of a fight is random, and the only rules are the ones a fighter puts on himself. A fight can break out any time and any where: a crowded bar room, in a house, on the street, in a parking lot, in the midst of a crowd of people, on the beach, in a park, etc, etc, etc. Further, nobody sounds the start horn or bell to signal the beginning of the fight. So an altercation can breakout anywhere and at anytime with no advanced warning. In the great majority of locations and times where a fight can break out, boxing is more effective than ground and pound. For example, if a guy takes an opponent down on concrete or asphalt, he will in all likelyhood sustain injury to his own knees and elbows, not to mention broken bones, and lacerations. And if the fight is in the midst of a crowd, where the opponent has friends standing around, he will be defenseless against there sucker punches and kicks while he is locked up rolling around on the ground. On the other hand, for someone who has skills in a standup fight, a hard surface such as concrete or ashalt, works to his advantage. It provides a foundation on which he can generate leverage, facilitating the generation of hard blows; all the time without colliding with the hard surface. Moreover, in a crowd, a standup fighter can deliver blows to his opponent as well as to other people standing near should they get involved. As a last resort, a standup guy can step away from a crowd to get out of their reach; live to fight another day.
Moreover, more times than not, a fight is started with someone throwing a punch. If that punch is hard and catches the other person by surprise, usually the fight is over. No more technique or exertion is needed. For this very reason, knowing how to throw hard punches, how to take one, and how to counter them is the single most important part of self defense. From my own personal experience, in either watching a fight or being in one, a high percentage of them end after one hard punch. I think that more fights are won by guys who can put together hard punches than by a guys who are skilled at taking the other guy down and submitting him. In real fights, ground and pound is not superior to boxing in self defense; Besides, who wants to roll around on the street, a side walk, or through dog crap in the grass, when one could stand on top of it inflicting even more damage on the other.
Lastly, regardless of how a person fights, more fights are won by big cojones than by fighting skills; suprise and resolve will win more battles than any other tactic. The ancient vikings summed it up well with the proverb "more battles are won with courage then with a sharp blade".

sedaliapridekennels

cage fights Empty
PostSubject: Re: cage fights   cage fights Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 9:49 pm

right on
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

cage fights Empty
PostSubject: Re: cage fights   cage fights Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 2:06 am

i do want to bring some things up about this. boxing vs cagefighting

Well my good friend Jon King He fought and won titles in boxing now he is a pro champion MMA fighter

he was also a champion amitue fighter

so i think a boxer or MMA could do both
Back to top Go down
gamebred79

gamebred79

cage fights Empty
PostSubject: Re: cage fights   cage fights Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 7:03 pm

sf1986 wrote:
I just wanted to post my opinion on boxing vs MMA, specifically which is best in real world self defense. Hypothetically, if a match is made between a good boxer and a good MMA fighter, under the rules of the octogan, then the MMA fighter would likely win. The MMA fighter would likely get a take down and eventually a submission against an opponent who is not skilled at defending on the a ground. On the other hand, if the situation is reversed and a good MMA fighter is matched into a good boxer under the boxing rules, the MMA fighter would likely take more punches and likely be knocked out because of the mismatch in stand up skills. So, it is safe to say that either style can be superior; it just depends on the rules of the fight.
In a real world fight, the context of a fight is random, and the only rules are the ones a fighter puts on himself. A fight can break out any time and any where: a crowded bar room, in a house, on the street, in a parking lot, in the midst of a crowd of people, on the beach, in a park, etc, etc, etc. Further, nobody sounds the start horn or bell to signal the beginning of the fight. So an altercation can breakout anywhere and at anytime with no advanced warning. In the great majority of locations and times where a fight can break out, boxing is more effective than ground and pound. For example, if a guy takes an opponent down on concrete or asphalt, he will in all likelyhood sustain injury to his own knees and elbows, not to mention broken bones, and lacerations. And if the fight is in the midst of a crowd, where the opponent has friends standing around, he will be defenseless against there sucker punches and kicks while he is locked up rolling around on the ground. On the other hand, for someone who has skills in a standup fight, a hard surface such as concrete or ashalt, works to his advantage. It provides a foundation on which he can generate leverage, facilitating the generation of hard blows; all the time without colliding with the hard surface. Moreover, in a crowd, a standup fighter can deliver blows to his opponent as well as to other people standing near should they get involved. As a last resort, a standup guy can step away from a crowd to get out of their reach; live to fight another day.
Moreover, more times than not, a fight is started with someone throwing a punch. If that punch is hard and catches the other person by surprise, usually the fight is over. No more technique or exertion is needed. For this very reason, knowing how to throw hard punches, how to take one, and how to counter them is the single most important part of self defense. From my own personal experience, in either watching a fight or being in one, a high percentage of them end after one hard punch. I think that more fights are won by guys who can put together hard punches than by a guys who are skilled at taking the other guy down and submitting him. In real fights, ground and pound is not superior to boxing in self defense; Besides, who wants to roll around on the street, a side walk, or through dog crap in the grass, when one could stand on top of it inflicting even more damage on the other.
Lastly, regardless of how a person fights, more fights are won by big cojones than by fighting skills; suprise and resolve will win more battles than any other tactic. The ancient vikings summed it up well with the proverb "more battles are won with courage then with a sharp blade".

what you say is true to a certain point. I think everyone forgets what MMA stands for. Its mixed martial Arts. Its not ground fighting.

First and formost, every single mixed martial artist does boxing, kickboxing/muy thai, jiu jitsu and wrestling. A pure boxer would not stand a chance in the street against a trained MMA fighter. MMA fights have an awnser for everything a boxer can "throw" at them. Being a mma fighter my self I can stand with a boxer. it might not be the best boxing but i know how to kick and with that one skill alone i have an 100% advantage over the boxer. Now if we happend to trip and fall and end up on the ground, the other person is a fish out of water so to speak.
So what im tring to say is mma guys are not just ground fighters. they can throw boxing combo just like a boxer can because its part of there arsenal. Anyone can win a fight if their rules are being used. Let stop saying boxing rule and mma rules. Instead lets use nuetral rules. The tell me what you think would happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

cage fights Empty
PostSubject: Re: cage fights   cage fights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cage fights
Page 1 of 1