Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

a bit of a ramble and rant

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mindovermatter

mindovermatter

Female Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-03-06

a bit of a ramble and rant Empty
PostSubject: a bit of a ramble and rant   a bit of a ramble and rant Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 6:47 pm

i am gonna just rant a bit here....

Today I invited someone to come to a dog room.. they are trying to get help for the bill that is going on in FL.. All they were asking for were photos of dogs ... Who doesn't love to show off their dogs..

anyway... these people claim to love dogs, many of them have bully breeds or breeds that would be affected by the proposed bill in FL...

what this person was met with was scarcasim.. Flip attitudes and people that just gave them an all and all out hard time..

How can anyone call themselves dog lovers and just turn their head on these bills... It is not just the APBT that is being targeted.

It is a sad day and time what we live in.. people that just seem to take the "it will never happen to my dog" attitude..

These bills these laws that people are trying to pass hurt EVERYONE they hurt EVERY BREED Of dog...

they are adding Siberian Huskies to the lists and Alaskian Mals....

If we all turn a blind eye to these proposed laws then we are all turning a blind eye on dogs as a whole.. we are saying that we don't really care that scoiety is trying to take away our freedoms to choose, to make our own educated decisions.. what we are saying by turning our heads to these proposed laws is that we don't care if we are told what we can and what we can't have... It is BIGGER then just dogs guys... what is going to be next ... are we going to allow them to tell us how many children we can have? what type of car we can drive?
I know that this might seem to be taking things to an extreme but i gotta tell ya when i am ready to own dogs again and get back out there i would really like to have a CHOICE as to what i own.

We are here on this board, we have come together because of a common love.. we need to stand together to help out the dogs that we all admire.

There are familys out there that also love their dogs we should be working for all of them as well as ourselves.

Education is the key to everything.. We tend to devide our loyaltys between what we feel is the APBT the AMST and the American Bully.. to me a breed specific law is just that it doesn't sepperate..

well i dont know what else to say that will not be more rambling..
It just saddens me that we can't pull together and fight harder to keep these laws from being passed.
Back to top Go down
Masterpiece

Masterpiece

Female Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: a bit of a ramble and rant   a bit of a ramble and rant Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 8:41 pm

well if your asking why isnt there every one there in number trying to fight this bill its because most people dont know what it is or what is going on you need to spred the word not just by internet but by flyers people at the grocrey stores... if i wasnt living with my parents they wouldnt have any idea what BSL is and what it really does... you know

i support you 110% we all need to stand together i hate that attitude of not going to happen to me ... well it is happing to you and you will feel the same !!!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/midisandvictor
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: a bit of a ramble and rant   a bit of a ramble and rant Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 5:40 pm

Great post Tonya. I agree with the statement that people need to get educated. I have that sticker on my car that says just say no to BSL with harley and sasha's picture on it. You wouldn't believe how many random people ask me "what is BSL?" When I explain what it is I even get a few "really? I have pit bulls, will this effect me?" and then I also get the "oh.. okay.. well I don't have dogs like that so I won't have to worry.." We all know that is an entirely different argument there.

Here's my pic i'm talking about (any reason to put a pic of my dogs up...lol)

a bit of a ramble and rant 100_1668
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: a bit of a ramble and rant   a bit of a ramble and rant Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 6:59 pm

That sticker is awesome, LMP
Back to top Go down
marlenadee

marlenadee

Female Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: LoL   a bit of a ramble and rant Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 10:15 pm

lovemypits wrote:
Great post Tonya. I agree with the statement that people need to get educated. I have that sticker on my car that says just say no to BSL with harley and sasha's picture on it. You wouldn't believe how many random people ask me "what is BSL?" When I explain what it is I even get a few "really? I have pit bulls, will this effect me?" and then I also get the "oh.. okay.. well I don't have dogs like that so I won't have to worry.." We all know that is an entirely different argument there.

Here's my pic i'm talking about (any reason to put a pic of my dogs up...lol)

a bit of a ramble and rant 100_1668
I agree with you on the fine print.LoL just showin off those beautiful babies! Just Kidding! I agree with the general sentiment on this post people don't understand that if they get what they want and destroy all these "dangerous Dogs" of course there will just be another dog that was next in line for the target.Where does it end?????
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=marlenadee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a bit of a ramble and rant   a bit of a ramble and rant Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a bit of a ramble and rant
Page 1 of 1