Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistLog in

What did you do to my dog?? Boarding rant...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

What did you do to my dog??  Boarding rant... Empty
PostSubject: What did you do to my dog?? Boarding rant...   What did you do to my dog??  Boarding rant... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 1:51 am

Well... when I went to TX last week I boarded my dogs at my vets office. Now this vet I love.. (normally) and she has been my vet for 21 yrs.. since I was 10 yrs old.

So, I drop my dogs off. I use their prong collars since some of the techs are not strong enough to hold my dogs.. and if Harley sees a cat.. there is no way with a regular collar they could hold him. So fast forward to a few days ago when I notice that Sasha's fur is bumped up around her neck. I pull her hair up and notice bloody scabs.. not one.. not two.. not three.. but all the way around her neck and throat. I'm like.. hmmm.. so I grab her prong collar.. sure enough those scabs match up to the collar. Not only this, but they fed my dogs the science diet at the vet instead of the food I sent along.

Well, I called and they told me it was "not policy" to take collars off dogs. Okay.. but a prong collar?? Left on a dog for 5 days?? Just how much attention did my dogs get that no one noticed these bloody scabs on her neck? No one noticed that because of the food she had scratched her shoulder bloody?? No one noticed that for some reason her ear is FULL of crusty blood???

WTF happened to my dog????????????????

Sorry these pics are with my cell phone in low light...

What did you do to my dog??  Boarding rant... Sashasear
What did you do to my dog??  Boarding rant... Sashasshoulder
What did you do to my dog??  Boarding rant... Sashasore3
What did you do to my dog??  Boarding rant... Sashasore
What did you do to my dog??  Boarding rant... Sashasore2

Thank goodness my regular dog watcher will be able to watch my dogs in their own home for my next vacation!! Poor Sasha Sad

rednya

rednya

Female Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to my dog?? Boarding rant...   What did you do to my dog??  Boarding rant... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 3:07 pm

oh my gosh... i am so sorry to hear this!! I'm worried too as I'm going to vegas with my family for christmas and have to board Nya.... have you spoken with the vet about this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to my dog?? Boarding rant...   What did you do to my dog??  Boarding rant... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 4:45 pm

I just have to laugh that the image of Sasha's ear violated photobucket's terms of use

lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to my dog?? Boarding rant...   What did you do to my dog??  Boarding rant... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 8:43 pm

What did you do to my dog??  Boarding rant... Sashasear

Hahahahahaha... not that it really matters to me. But I was curious just what I violated by having a picture of my dogs ear on photobucket. Apparently they thought it was a picture of "something else" ROFLMFAOOOOOOOOOOo..... I don't know what else it could look like???? They restored the picture...

sf1986

sf1986

Male Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to my dog?? Boarding rant...   What did you do to my dog??  Boarding rant... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 12:20 am

I think you have a law suit for animal neglect against the vet. Leaving a prong collar on for 5 days is blantant negligence and the vet should have known better. Whether that is something you want to do, I don't know. When I saw the ear picture, I thought it was something else too. It wasn't until I read your post that I figured it out. Poor dog! That is horrible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to my dog?? Boarding rant...   What did you do to my dog??  Boarding rant... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 1:14 am

sf1986 wrote:
When I saw the ear picture, I thought it was something else too. It wasn't until I read your post that I figured it out.

okay... what did you think it was???? Laughing

pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to my dog?? Boarding rant...   What did you do to my dog??  Boarding rant... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 1:20 am

That does suck. Poor girl..
I guess it just depends on the vet, when I boarded one of my dogs a few yrs back it was their policy to take all collars and tags off. With that being said, they lost his collar and tags. I asked why they were even off in the first place and they said it was policy so they didnt get caught in the cage. Not to mention the tons of fleas he came home with. So I guess either way, it sucks to have to board.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pitmamma
pitmamma

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to my dog?? Boarding rant...   What did you do to my dog??  Boarding rant... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 1:22 am

BTW, lol, I thought it was an ear. If someones hoo hoo looks like that....they need to see a doc ASAP...... Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to my dog?? Boarding rant...   What did you do to my dog??  Boarding rant... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 2:37 am

pitmamma wrote:
BTW, lol, I thought it was an ear. If someones hoo hoo looks like that....they need to see a doc ASAP...... Laughing

OMG you sent me into a coughing fit with that one (i'm sick and it's in my chest). You know.. I was trying to think of all the XXX rated things it could have looked like.. and I think if ANY of those things look like that pic someone has a serious problem.. Laughing

shadowwolf

shadowwolf

Female Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to my dog?? Boarding rant...   What did you do to my dog??  Boarding rant... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 3:38 am

Jesus! That's horrid! I'd be chewing out the vets something fierce! When I'd boarded a foster dog who had corn allergies at my vet and they fed her Science Diet I about went off. The people who handled her the entire weekend were written up and I had my account credited for the boarding - I've been going to my vet for years and send her a lot of clients, so if I'm unhappy, she works to take care of it since I help her business out a LOT. (She's totally awesome - I really couldn't ask for a better vet.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sf1986

sf1986

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to my dog?? Boarding rant...   What did you do to my dog??  Boarding rant... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 4:51 pm

When I first saw the ear, I thought it was a bad case of genital warts on someone's butt hole. LOL. I thought some sicko posted it here. It took a while to figure it out. Funny, Huh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pitmamma
pitmamma

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to my dog?? Boarding rant...   What did you do to my dog??  Boarding rant... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 6:09 pm

Maybe a bad case of hemmroids? LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sf1986

sf1986

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to my dog?? Boarding rant...   What did you do to my dog??  Boarding rant... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 10:30 pm

I'm an RN and I've seen some pretty nastly looking things. Believe me when I say that it looks like what I thought it was. That's what it looks like up close.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to my dog?? Boarding rant...   What did you do to my dog??  Boarding rant... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did you do to my dog?? Boarding rant...
Page 1 of 1