Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!

Go down 
+3
shadowwolf
pitmamma
marlenadee
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 1:49 am

I love you Ryker
Back to top Go down
marlenadee

marlenadee

Female Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 2:13 am

shadowwolf wrote:
kristakmj wrote:
ive heard of both things the cropped ears ,spiked collars,chains for collars portraying a mean image of the breed .

i thinks its BS only because if we walked the dogs around in feathers and dressed them like poodles it wouldnt change the way people look at the breed .

Actually, it does change the breed when they're dressed up in silly outfits looking like dorks. More people are honestly willing to approach my dogs if they're in silly costumes then without - especially Ryker with his cropped ears which, to some, make him look "mean" or "vicious."

OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! - Page 2 Petapalooza-ryker

OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! - Page 2 Petapalooza-ryker6

OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! - Page 2 Wheresthepitbull

BEAUTIFUL BABY OMG!!!! LOVE THE OUTFIT.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=marlenadee
kristakmj

Female Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 1:56 pm

okay now how many pics do you have of your dogs not dressed up and loving on people?

i just dont think the people who we are truly trying to reach about the breed will change thier minds based on what the dog is wearing , its still a pitbull to them .
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 7:28 pm

kristakmj wrote:
okay now how many pics do you have of your dogs not dressed up and loving on people?

i just dont think the people who we are truly trying to reach about the breed will change thier minds based on what the dog is wearing , its still a pitbull to them .

You're right, to a point. I think sometimes it makes the dog more approachable. I have had past experiences where people look scared of my dogs, but then other times people will ask is that a pit bull (with fear in their eyes) seems it's more likely when i have their hankies on them.. people will ask if they can pet it.. At least that's a start.

What we really need to do is make sure when our dogs are out in the public eye that they are being good bully breed embassedors.
Back to top Go down
marlenadee

marlenadee

Female Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 4:28 am

I agree with PP also very true about them being more approachable with a silly costume on but just not realistic to think that can be done everyday,I guess the like you said to make sure they are being good doggy ambassadors and you yourself being a responsible dog owner which in my opinion is the start of all of our troubles in the 1st place.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=marlenadee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2