Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!

Go down 
+3
shadowwolf
pitmamma
marlenadee
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
marlenadee

marlenadee

Female Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-01-13

OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Empty
PostSubject: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 5:16 pm

We got our booster shots today......
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=marlenadee
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 5:29 pm

What pretty dogs...my fav. would have to be the black one with the white face, how cute...I hope they all got a treat for taking their shots Very Happy
Back to top Go down
marlenadee

marlenadee

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 7:17 pm

That's King he's a miracle baby,just like the other pups.They all survived parvo,Thank God! I love them sooooo much! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf

shadowwolf

Female Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 7:44 pm

They're positively adorable! How come you're using pieces of chain for collars though? Shocked
Back to top Go down
marlenadee

marlenadee

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 8:02 pm

Wow good eyes does it look that cheap. Is that supposed to mean something,using chain collars? confused
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 11:01 pm

Those babies are cute!! I too like King... what a sweet face.
Back to top Go down
marlenadee

marlenadee

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 12:56 am

And he is such a sweet boy.They all are but he goes above and beyond sweet!
Back to top Go down
woody d

woody d

Male Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 3:25 am

marlenadee wrote:
Wow good eyes does it look that cheap. Is that supposed to mean something,using chain collars? confused
there are better choices on the market that are cheaper than chain. plus chain gives your dogs that "junkyard dog" look. not the image we need. and its hard on their skin and coat when you strap a chain around the neck.
Back to top Go down
marlenadee

marlenadee

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 5:02 am

IMO the chain for my pups works much better for us,Especially since they only wear it for leash training and vet visits. My pups do not go out to public places just yet and will not until they are finished with their parvo boosters.We had many other collars that they outgrew very quickly.Now my adult dogs have the collars we chose.In my experience the people who will look at this chain and get the wrong impression about my pups have a deeper issue with them than the chain to begin with.No one can look and say they look like junkyard dogs because a junkyard dog has far more distinguishing characteristics than some chain around the neck. But honestly speaking I have never come into such a stereotypical statement before from another lover of the breed and did not expect to run in to one here.But thanks for the FYI about the better choices on the market than cheap chain. P.S. I have heard ignorant statements about cropped ears being a part of that image as well,now do we alter the way we care for our Dogs because of the opinion of someone who couldn't give a s$*# about my babies?Not this sista here!
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf

shadowwolf

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 7:10 am

On top of the stereotypical image, it's really not the greatest choice for any dog - especially a puppy. They do make adjustable collars that go a good range in sizes for a mere 5-6 bucks. Yeah, they outgrow it, but in all honesty it's better for the dog as far as wear/breakage on the skin/fur. If you can't find them for cheap at a local pet supplier, then I'd check online. There are loads of places to get inexpensive collars and leads from.

Example of inexpensive collar:
OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Ryker10weeks-1

No, he didn't stay in that long. Probably until he was about 14-16 weeks. He got upgraded to a "big boy" metal snap collar like that after.

OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Ryker10-11-3-06

The plastic ran me $4.99 plus tax and the blue metal buckled one ran me $6.99 plus tax. Still have them both and will use them on a future puppy since they're not broken or overly worn. Pretty inexpensive in my book.
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 2:17 pm

I also keep a supply of those little slip chain choke collars. I think they range from .99 to 1.99 at Wal-Mart. No they do not wear these as their permanent collars, but I have them handy as a back up when a collar gets chewed thru or broke or whatever.
Back to top Go down
marlenadee

marlenadee

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 3:10 pm

Ok let's back up here.In no way shape or form am I worried about spending money on a collar of my choice when the time is right.But in my experience through trail and error I like this idea better than the collars and especially the choke collars,IMO they are inappropriate for me and my pups.I have always trained my dogs not to pull on a walk with out them.Like I said in PP it's just my preference,I have never seen breaking of the skin which would be consistent with a dog that wears a collar night and day or a dog that is wearing a collar so tight it's breaking skin.I have seen that where dogs get bumps on the skin etc.. So I do know what your talking about but I am aware so thanks for the look out:-) Me I get the chain I need cut it in the shop and lock the chain to the length That I am sure is comfortable for my babe's and when they get home they take em off an go all Natural.LoL So I thank you for your opinions and your dog looks great I am glad you found a collar and lead that suits you both.

Last edited by on Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
marlenadee

marlenadee

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 3:14 pm

Oh and to pit mama Yeah that is a great idea to have it as back up laying around especially now that I moved to unfamiliar surroundings...My largest babe seems to be the escape artist,think I'm gonna rename him Houdini.I did however fall in love with this web site I found online that had the most beautiful leather collars and harnesses. So the only problem for me is the wait for them to come in.I'm so impatient. :-)
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 3:54 pm

Oh I hear ya. You have to find what works best for you. Shoot my little bittie babies wear cat collars with bells. The bells so I can hear them (lol) and the quick release so when the bigger dogs decide to drag them around the collar will unsnap. Don't worry about what other people think Cool. I even have one that has a spike collar. The other dogs will not leave his neck alone so this keeps them off of him. Just do what is best for you and the babies... Smile
Back to top Go down
pistol pete

pistol pete

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:32 am

cute pics, i too love that blk one with the white face, nice lookin dogs.
Back to top Go down
marlenadee

marlenadee

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:18 am

Thank you pistol pete,The funny thing is I loved his little face from when he was born and everyone used to say that he was not the best looking out the litter but now he catches everyone eye and it makes me even more of a proud mommy! Thanks for the compliment!
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:43 am

I think the thing about the collars is the way the general public looks at the dogs. If they are not in pulic as you say then that's cool. I just think that other people look with that idea... I have never heard that before about the cropped ears though.

I got my dogs at 5 weeks (early i know) but I got them each tiny little leather collars.. black for harley pink for sasha... then as they grew i got the exact collars just bigger and bigger! But, now that I walk them with prong collars i normally put a hankie around their neck to cover the metal collar. I just know what people think when they see them... like my dogs are mean or something!

PS... amanda rykers pup pic is too cute!!! OMG... I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
marlenadee

marlenadee

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 7:19 am

Yeah I am sure people have their idea's.Me personally have never heard the one about the chain,just as you are not familiar with the cropped ears but none the less if it's not one thing it's another and in a society that is so against these dogs(for no good reason of course) I'd be a fool to alter what I felt was best for us because someone looked at me in disapproval. I've never really been the type to be swayed by anyone else's outlook. Just the way stubborn ol me is :-) But I want to say I do understand your points,Thanks you kindly! P.S. My dogs have won this neighborhood over in the short time we've been here anyways.LoL Chance is the most popular which shocked me because he is so big but I guess everyone loves the way he drops to your feet and flips upside down for a belly rub!

Last edited by on Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
marlenadee

marlenadee

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 7:22 am

P.S.S. lovemypits.....I am so darn nosey,wanna see pups,where can I find the cute pups you posted about before,I think it was Amanda R? EDITED by Sedalia pitbulls

Please dont use full names on the site. Thanks
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:05 pm

marlenadee wrote:
P.S.S. lovemypits.....I am so darn nosey,wanna see pups,where can I find the cute pups you posted about before,I think it was Amanda R.?

oh.. lol.. page one has Amanda R. pup pics.. sorry amanda =shadowwolf. Ryker is very stunning and I like looking at his pics! I believe there is a thread on here about pup to now pics.. i'll see if I can dig it up. I just love puppy pictures!!

Edited Quote by sedaliapitbulls
Back to top Go down
kristakmj

Female Number of posts : 122

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 2:38 am

pitmamma wrote:
Oh I hear ya. You have to find what works best for you. Shoot my little bittie babies wear cat collars with bells. The bells so I can hear them (lol) and the quick release so when the bigger dogs decide to drag them around the collar will unsnap. Don't worry about what other people think Cool. I even have one that has a spike collar. The other dogs will not leave his neck alone so this keeps them off of him. Just do what is best for you and the babies... Smile

hey i never thought about the spiked collar so the other dogs wont chew on him, poor ace is such a laid back dog he just lets kilo and sierra naw at him until it really hurts lol ,they dont just pick at a different spot though?

OP cute pups are they littermates?
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 3:11 am

They did it to my Papillon and he is so hyper and bouncy they cant pin him down, but for whatever reason he would let them drag him around by the neck. Crazy dogs, but it ddn't take them long to figure out it didn't feel good on their mouth so they stopped.
Back to top Go down
marlenadee

marlenadee

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 4:50 am

All this time and I never realized what you said about the spike collars keeping them off his neck,That is such an incredibly good idea!I will have to use that one.

Yes they are litter mates,one is actually my mothers and the 2 black ones are my little boys!
Back to top Go down
kristakmj

Female Number of posts : 122

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 7:52 pm

ive heard of both things the cropped ears ,spiked collars,chains for collars portraying a mean image of the breed .

i thinks its BS only because if we walked the dogs around in feathers and dressed them like poodles it wouldnt change the way people look at the breed .
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf

shadowwolf

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 1:43 am

kristakmj wrote:
ive heard of both things the cropped ears ,spiked collars,chains for collars portraying a mean image of the breed .

i thinks its BS only because if we walked the dogs around in feathers and dressed them like poodles it wouldnt change the way people look at the breed .

Actually, it does change the breed when they're dressed up in silly outfits looking like dorks. More people are honestly willing to approach my dogs if they're in silly costumes then without - especially Ryker with his cropped ears which, to some, make him look "mean" or "vicious."

OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Petapalooza-ryker

OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Petapalooza-ryker6

OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Wheresthepitbull
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!   OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OUR TRIP TO THE VET TODAY!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next