Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need Advice

Go down 
+8
jason r
Dunlap
pitmamma
sedaliapridekennels
woody d
lovemypits
CoolHandJean
Jennifer
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jennifer

Jennifer

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-03-22

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Need Advice   Need Advice Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 5:52 pm

I am hoping that I posted this in the right area. I have a problem I need suggestions to solve. Last year my neighbors dog attacked and killed a four month old pit of mine. He was my husbands prize dog. Well now thier dog killed some chickens, and is tearing up my trash almost daily. They just turn it loose and it does what it wants. I am tired of this. Animal Control wont do nothing, (NOT living in the city), I dont want to kill the dog. Also, the neighbor is a relative to my landlord, so I cant piss em off too much. Any suggestions??!!
Back to top Go down
CoolHandJean

CoolHandJean

Female Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 8:50 pm

Well, the rules of any farm, once a dog kills the chickens, it's time for that dog to go over the rainbow bridge...They won't do a thing about it, either? After you have spoken to them? Have they killed your chickens? or someone elses? I would tell whomever chickens they are, and they will probably take care of it.
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 8:58 pm

Wow... that's a tough one. Have you mentioned any of this to your landlord? Maybe if you keep your calm and just tell him what has been going on and ask if there is any solution to this. Is there anyway a fence could be put up?
Back to top Go down
woody d

woody d

Male Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 9:16 pm

id plug it in the head, and bury it myself. if anyone asks, "nope, i havent seen him/her." problem solved...it sounds cruel, but if it was the other way around and your pit was doing the killing, it would be a way different deal. i have no sympathy for any dog that kills a four month old pup, none at all.
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Male Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 12:37 am

woody that is probally something i would do but it would have been dead when it killed my dog.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/sedaliapitbulls
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 1:42 am

Wow Jennifer that is a tough one, if they landlord wasn't a relative it would be a no brainer. But if you have the stomach for it, Woody's suggestion is a good one. Then you play dumb.
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 2:03 am

I'd kill the ******* or make him "disapear" Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
Jennifer

Jennifer

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 3:46 am

my chickens, my husbands prized dog, the only dog that he ever cried over. The landlord says we need to work it out ourselves. She turns it loose as often as she can. I cant afford to fence in three plus acres! If so it would have been done already. I would love to make it disappear but afraid the other neighbors will tell. I am thinking about loading it up in my car one night and takinging far away but we are also scared it might bite us.
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 3:52 am

Jennifer wrote:
my chickens, my husbands prized dog, the only dog that he ever cried over. The landlord says we need to work it out ourselves. She turns it loose as often as she can. I cant afford to fence in three plus acres! If so it would have been done already. I would love to make it disappear but afraid the other neighbors will tell. I am thinking about loading it up in my car one night and takinging far away but we are also scared it might bite us.

Tell them that if they dont keep it outta your yard, y'all are gonna have to shoot it. If they still dont do anything about it.....call the cops and see what can be done about it :/
Back to top Go down
Jennifer

Jennifer

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 3:54 am

thats why my husband wont let me get a gun, he said he knows Id go crazy shooting animals messing around mine! Thats the point I think.
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 4:15 am

That dog somehow needs to disappear. How big is the dog, could you get a trap, like for coons? Maybe a bb gun?
Back to top Go down
Jennifer

Jennifer

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 4:26 am

no its a huge akita
Back to top Go down
woody d

woody d

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 4:12 pm

then its gonna take a BIG hole. go buy ya some subsonic ammo. its quieter than you would think, and then all ya gotta do is get digging. a mean akita is not an animal than id allow in my yard.
Back to top Go down
jason r

Male Number of posts : 39

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 5:00 pm

was the 4 month old pup the only apbt you owned?if not,let one of your adult apbts out.im sure it would have taught it a lesson.i know you dont want to piss your land lord off and in no way condoning dogfighting but you have to do something or this will never get resolved.
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 5:19 pm

Sounds like the only way to get rid of it is to shoot it. I believe she said it had also attacked one of her other pit bulls... so doesn't sound like her dogs can "take care of it" Seems like if AC and the police won't do anything about it you'll have to do it yourself.
Back to top Go down
jason r

Male Number of posts : 39

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 5:37 pm

i dont see where she says it attacked one of her other apbt.putting it down would be my solution also.just trying to throw another idea if her husband wont let her shoot it.
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 7:07 pm

jason r wrote:
i dont see where she says it attacked one of her other apbt.putting it down would be my solution also.just trying to throw another idea if her husband wont let her shoot it.

Ooops sorry Jason.. she had mentioned in the chat room that it had actually pulled on of her APBT's off it's dog house and attacked it....

Jennifer, I hope you are able to get this handled with out losing more animals and pissing your landlord off.
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 8:32 pm

lovemypits wrote:
Sounds like the only way to get rid of it is to shoot it. I believe she said it had also attacked one of her other pit bulls... so doesn't sound like her dogs can "take care of it" Seems like if AC and the police won't do anything about it you'll have to do it yourself.

It's not that they couldnt take care of it......it's just not a fare fight with a small APBT on a chain up against a large Akita :/
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 8:35 pm

You're right Dunlap.
Back to top Go down
Jennifer

Jennifer

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 12:18 am

Not that my dogs cant take care of it, I broke it up. It had attacked a female while she was preg. and that just aint cool in my book. Had she not been preggers, I would let it go on. The thing is the dogs were covered in blood and my dog did not have a single scratch or wound on her.
Back to top Go down
suki
suki

Female Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-03-05

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 2:39 am

well, if it's tearing up your trash on a daily basis, ......hmmmmmmmm......
not your fault... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
Masterpiece

Masterpiece

Female Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-11-06

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 5:41 pm

i would take the dog one night in the back of a car or truck (something coverd) and bring him in town then take it to the human sociaty or pound and tell them you found it and he is VERY aggressive. i know most of the time you have to give your name in informations but maybe you can find a friend or family member that would do it for you and they can say they just found him running around in town if there is any questions... or my grandpa used to take my moms strays that should would find that were mean or very unheahthy and shoot them then throw them down the mine shaft..... thats a sad story but anyway maybe find some one that would take the dog somewere for you or something... you know if no one else is going to help you i would do that and do it sneeky like lol
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/midisandvictor
woody d

woody d

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 11:41 pm

either way, a dog that attacks a preggo, and kills a pup is not trustworthy. the MOST da apbt ive ever had was a flat out KILLER, but he LOVED pups and all females. evidently you are gonna have to be the one to solve this problem. shoot it before something else happens, just dont get caught. it sounds like you have been a VERY patient person, and have given the owner more chances than most would. i love all dogs,and if the problem dog was an apbt, i would be giving the same advice. irresponsible owners shouldnt own dogs, period.
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 11:54 pm

We have talked about this quite a bit and had some good laughs too, but seriously...Who is going to be the next victim. Hopefully not the old lady across the street or god forbide one of your step-kids. Unfortunetly the owner is completely irresposible and AC has better things to do. Something has to be done and quickly before it is too late.
Back to top Go down
Jennifer

Jennifer

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 11:04 pm

well I am working on my husband. Once I throw a fit over it enough, being I am the one who has to rebag trash, take care of the dead animals, take care of my dog when it attacked her, its not as bad to him. It is starting to work. I made my husband mad cause I banged and banged on thier door and no one would answer so I left a note telling her that I am sick of wasting my money to rebag my trash. Of having to bury my pets. That I am going to call the law and press charges if it happens again. We will see what happens from here so far she wont even look over here anymore. She also gave me back my cat her kids stole!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need Advice
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next