Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NFL debate............

Go down 
+2
woody d
gamebred
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gamebred

gamebred

Male Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-12-22

NFL debate............ Empty
PostSubject: NFL debate............   NFL debate............ Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 3:03 pm

and jason r and woody already know this one...... afro

so I was watching NFL network last nite and they brought up an interesting debate and I have my thoughts but Id like to see what yours is......

IF the New England Patriots go 19-0 is their record better than the 1972 Miami Dolphins or are they just "joining Miami in history?"

believe it or not 2 of the comentators said that they (Patriots) are just joining the Dolphins in history and not "breaking" the record......

and the other 2 said.......19 is harder to do with the way footballs played now-a-days and that the Patriots should own the record.......

Even though I am a fan.....I have a hard time believing that there are people who DONT think that the Patriots deserve the record if they go undefeated.......that they are just "joining Miami in history"

Football today is MUCH harder and the competition is stiffer and to me its simple.....19-0 is more wins than 17-0 PERIOD!!!!!!!

RECORD GOES TO NEW ENGLAND............(if they go all the way)

JMO.......whats yours
Back to top Go down
woody d

woody d

Male Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: NFL debate............   NFL debate............ Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 3:11 pm

i honestly would wish my team to be resting star players if i was in your shoes. undefeated season would be great, dont get me wrong, but the big game is what its all about. how would ya feel if say brady got injured in week 17? i know if green bay wasnt fighting for home field throughout the playoffs, we would be resting players. you know how some headhunters like to play the role as "spoilers". dirty s.o.b.s
Back to top Go down
gamebred

gamebred

PostSubject: Re: NFL debate............   NFL debate............ Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 3:45 pm

woody d wrote:
i honestly would wish my team to be resting star players if i was in your shoes. undefeated season would be great, dont get me wrong, but the big game is what its all about. how would ya feel if say brady got injured in week 17? i know if green bay wasnt fighting for home field throughout the playoffs, we would be resting players. you know how some headhunters like to play the role as "spoilers". dirty s.o.b.s

i agree a little bit......BUT.....

there IS history to be made and unfortunately from the whole "spygate" thing theres a chip on Belichiks shoulders to pretty much flip off the rest of the league.....

not to mention the fact that if you sit the starters for too long they'll get out of rythm......and I think THAT has alot to do with their success this year is their rythm......

wouldnt want Brady and Moss to be rusty going into the games that count
Back to top Go down
jason r

Male Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: NFL debate............   NFL debate............ Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 5:54 pm

i know if green bay wasnt fighting for home field throughout the playoffs, we would be resting players. you know favre has to keep his consecutive starts record going, so i would have to disagree. i know it cant be argued because like you said they are fighting for home field advantage.as for the path to perfection,i wouldnt rest anybody.we all know how the analyst are.you rest players and lose,they will say you shouldnt have rested them,made the player or players rusty.you rest players and win,they say the players were well rested and it was the right decision.most sports analyst,i think definitely have double standards.
Back to top Go down
jason r

PostSubject: Re: NFL debate............   NFL debate............ Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 9:32 pm

ok guys, the packers lost today and have no chance in hell for home field advantage throughout the playoffs.packers will rest a lot of players but i want to see if they rest favre.my guess they will let him start, to keep his precious record going,and then pull him out.woody you quoted,how would you feel if brady got injured in week 17, so are you saying that favre should not start week 17 or does he need to keep his consecutive start record going?
Back to top Go down
woody d

woody d

PostSubject: Re: NFL debate............   NFL debate............ Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 11:44 pm

he ll get a few series' and then he better be benched. the only thing im worried about is if aaron rogers can play while injured. you speak about his "precious " record like it isnt something special. hate to tell ya, but it is a HUGE deal, otherwise they wouldnt be reminding us about it all the time. the ironman is something anyone would be proud to be called
Back to top Go down
jason r

PostSubject: Re: NFL debate............   NFL debate............ Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 1:03 am

didnt say it wasnt special but i can see where you would wont to lash out after the ass beating they took today.
Back to top Go down
woody d

woody d

PostSubject: Re: NFL debate............   NFL debate............ Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 4:04 pm

ita all good, i saw the interview with favre after the game and he said the 40 mph gusts made for the worst conditions hes ever played in. home field might not be what need afterall. we ARE a passing team now
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Male Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: NFL debate............   NFL debate............ Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 4:10 pm

dammit chiefs lost again 25-20 little bastards
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/sedaliapitbulls
gamebred

gamebred

PostSubject: Re: NFL debate............   NFL debate............ Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 4:10 pm

woody and jason......you guys are killin me? Razz

you take my "undefeated Patriots debate" thread and turn it into a Brett Favre thread.......

but nobodies responding about the Pats......so.....GAME ON!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Male Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: NFL debate............   NFL debate............ Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 4:14 pm

lol well its about football so i figured i would bring up the chiefs loosing.

well on a better note for you the Patriots they won
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/sedaliapitbulls
woody d

woody d

PostSubject: Re: NFL debate............   NFL debate............ Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 4:18 pm

sorry man, i guess none else seemed interested, and a pack fan and a vikes fan can talk trash all day long.........i gave ya my .02 on the pats issue, i guess i forgot about the single season td record, but would ya play brady for a record? as for the whole 72 dolphins deal, its apples and oranges. some say its hard to keep a team together nowadays, and in the same sentence, you couldnt go out and get a harrison or a moss in free agency back then, so ????? its a solid issue to debate, and i can see both sides
Back to top Go down
jason r

PostSubject: Re: NFL debate............   NFL debate............ Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 8:24 pm

well onyx, all i can say is good luck on all the records that they are trying to break.brady sure looked good yesterday and he didnt even have his starting tight ends playing.
Back to top Go down
jason r

PostSubject: Re: NFL debate............   NFL debate............ Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 8:52 pm

personally i dont talk a lot about the pats because the pats already get to much publicity.sometimes i wonder if the nfl network or espn know that there are 31 other nfl teams.i guess thats what you get when the pats are having so far a perfect season.
Back to top Go down
gamebred

gamebred

PostSubject: Re: NFL debate............   NFL debate............ Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 9:08 pm

jason r wrote:
sometimes i wonder if the nfl network or espn know that there are 31 other nfl teams.i guess thats what you get when the pats are having so far a perfect season.

and if it was GB havin such a good season.......id probably saying the same thing......but im a Pats fan so i like to talk Patriots..... cheers
Back to top Go down
CoolHandJean

CoolHandJean

Female Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: NFL debate............   NFL debate............ Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 8:33 pm

well, I believe they would have the record, however, I don't think it takes way from what the Dolphins accomplished, and it shouldn't be forgotten. So, I'd want them to just add the Patriots to the history as far as the Hall of Fame goes, but put the Patriots in the record books.
Back to top Go down
suki
suki

Female Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: NFL debate............   NFL debate............ Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 5:33 am

^ i agree. Miami's achievements should never go unnoticed. the Pats managed to do it tonight~even tho they gave me a heart attack a few times. affraid on channel 5 here in Boston, one of the commentators was then saying he figured it all boiled down to who wins the superbowl, disregarding being undefeated. so, go figure. but being a HUGE Pats fan (yes, the world stops in this house when the Pats are on) i'd have to go with the thinking that having won more games than the Dolphins, even tho both had perfect seasons, imo, the Pats deserve to come out on top with this one. but i do agree with coolhand's thinking~shouldn't deter from Miami's accomplishments. a perfect season is a pefect season...
WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO go Pats and congrats!!!!! I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
gamebred

gamebred

PostSubject: Re: NFL debate............   NFL debate............ Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 2:11 pm

yeah.......i agree......

I wouldnt take away miamis accomplishments BUT i would have to say that what the Patriots accomplished was MORE than Miami did.....

simply because of the number of games......(they are going to have to win 2 more games in all.......thats 120 MORE minutes of beating another team....... Cool )

and in todays free agency and salary cap era........thats a HUUUUUGE FEAT!!!!

GO PATS!!!!!!

NFL debate............ Sedona
Back to top Go down
suki
suki

PostSubject: Re: NFL debate............   NFL debate............ Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 1:57 am

gamebred wrote:

GO PATS!!!!!!

indeed~wooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo Pats!!!!!
ALL the way, 2/3/08
Back to top Go down
gamebred

gamebred

PostSubject: Re: NFL debate............   NFL debate............ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 2:32 am

suki wrote:
gamebred wrote:

GO PATS!!!!!!

ALL the way, 2/3/08

19-0.................NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
suki
suki

PostSubject: Re: NFL debate............   NFL debate............ Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 11:33 pm

gamebred wrote:
suki wrote:
gamebred wrote:

GO PATS!!!!!!

ALL the way, 2/3/08

19-0.................NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!

Crying or Very sad i wish~......
ahhh well.....
Back to top Go down
CoolHandJean

CoolHandJean

Female Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: NFL debate............   NFL debate............ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 3:14 am

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL debate............   NFL debate............ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFL debate............
Page 1 of 1