Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

obedience/protection trainning

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Masterpiece

Masterpiece

Female Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-11-06

obedience/protection trainning Empty
PostSubject: obedience/protection trainning   obedience/protection trainning Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 5:06 pm

we are just starting on trainning and so he is doing good though! this is the protection work of it there we do a lot more of the obedience part first.... unless he is too ressless then we let him get some energy out first lol! i really like the obedience stuff i want to work with him on getting some titles in that section. with a lot of hard work and some help we can do it lol! does any one else do this or is any one else intrested in it? enjoy all coments are welcome
obedience/protection trainning VicTrainingMay07-13-1
obedience/protection trainning VicTrainingMay07-6
obedience/protection trainning VicTrainingMay07-3
obedience/protection trainning VicTrainingMay07-4
obedience/protection trainning VicTrainingMay07-1
obedience/protection trainning VicTrainingMay07-2
obedience/protection trainning VicTrainingMay07-19
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/midisandvictor
Masterpiece

Masterpiece

PostSubject: Re: obedience/protection trainning   obedience/protection trainning Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 5:12 pm

ps thats not me thats our trainer Shane from First K9
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: Re: obedience/protection trainning   obedience/protection trainning Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 12:49 am

Although I'm not a fan of training APBTs/Pit Bulls to be "attack" dogs.......I guess it's good that it is being done by someone with experience.

good luck
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
Masterpiece

Masterpiece

PostSubject: Re: obedience/protection trainning   obedience/protection trainning Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 3:30 pm

thats what a lot of misconception comes from Victor would never bite any one nor be trained to bite any one. there is a difference between competion protection trainning and true protection trained dogs... for instance if i told Victor to seek (wich is the bark and hold comand) but no one had a pillow or sleeve he wouldnt know what to do... or if i told him to go or bite... and there was no sleeve or pillow he would go in circles till he found some think like a ball... ok so we do not train our dogs to bite the person we do NOT LET THEM TAKE IT PERSONAL otherwise the dog needs more obedience and is not ever going to be mentaly sound for this kind of work. the dogs are trained to bite a pillow or sleeve that is there for them not the person not the guy not anything like that... to see something like the hard core ones on tv ours are a lot easer and not so intense. we do it to see how hard he can hit (same with the spring pole) or how hard of a bite he's got (same with hang time) all our titles will come from Iron Dog. now trust me when i tell people that he is a great dog he is he would never bite some one we obedience train them first so know that NO comand and the OK sit down and heal more then anything... this is like tug-o-war if you were closer to me i would invite you out to training one night and so you can get a undertanding of it ! thanks for the comments though i hope that i cleared a little up for you though

have a great day and talk to ya soon
Back to top Go down
geisthexe

geisthexe

Female Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: obedience/protection trainning   obedience/protection trainning Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 9:14 pm

I have to fully agree with Masterpiece, I train my Presa's and my Pit in Schutzhund and still take them to Conformation shows and weight pulls and people can love on them to no end. The sleeve become a treat no different then you give a piece to foods.
also you must remember that training a dog in Schutzhund, PSA, French Ring or KNVP these dogs are very well trained and are very much under control. There is a BIG difference between a Military K9 to a Police K9 to a Competition K9 and the way they are trained with and w/o being socialized.
Military do not socialize the dogs
Police keep it to a minimum as so the dogs can be able to be in crowds w/o attacking anything
Comp K9s are trained in a sport not to be agressive.

Nice to see another working there pit bull and showing they can be good working dogs.
Will you be doing what kind of competition with your dogs
Schutzhund
DVG
PSA
French Ring
Dog Sport/Service dogs of America

I myself am going to be doing SchH, DVD and DS/SDA

Love to chat more about it with you.

Deb
Back to top Go down
http://vigilantkennels.com
Masterpiece

Masterpiece

PostSubject: Re: obedience/protection trainning   obedience/protection trainning Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 4:25 pm

i would love to get to the French ring! but thats a lot of hard work lol so thats my goal to get that far and to be able to be that good, and focused! but for now its a lot of the basics and like i said we are doing obedience titles first!

thank you for understanding as well the difference between competion and military and police training k9 were they are ment to be aggressive twards people and not so much as a treat. there is a big difference and i invite any one to come out to training with us he does it very very cheap!!!!

Victor is Focused mainly on a ball of some sort so we have to get him to be able to work for that ball (treat) so i can put it on his kennel then do the work then come back and play with him ! you know!

i would love to chat with you on this subject as well i dont know a lot still but Shane is teaching me and keeps telling me the difference between all the the types of rings and trainning out there ! thanks again !
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: obedience/protection trainning   obedience/protection trainning Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 8:32 pm

cool pics keep them coming i love to see dogs working. in my schutzhund club there is a a husband and wife that are club members the wife does schutzhund with her mal and the husband is doing frech ring. ive had the pleasue of seeing him do a french ring routine. verry cool stuff
Back to top Go down
gamebred

gamebred

Male Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: obedience/protection trainning   obedience/protection trainning Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 4:03 pm

MASTERPIECE........

its Mike from the anti-BSL group on myspace.......I was wondering if you guys still did that "group dog training" on thurs?

and also if you could forward the info on First K9......

we have had a couple of trainers come out for Onyx and not only were they super expensive......they werent REALLY what we were lookin for.......(training based on the fact that they ARE PITBULLS........not golden retrievers)

thanks
Back to top Go down
Masterpiece

Masterpiece

PostSubject: Re: obedience/protection trainning   obedience/protection trainning Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 11:29 pm

gamebred wrote:
MASTERPIECE........

its Mike from the anti-BSL group on myspace.......I was wondering if you guys still did that "group dog training" on thurs?

and also if you could forward the info on First K9......

we have had a couple of trainers come out for Onyx and not only were they super expensive......they werent REALLY what we were lookin for.......(training based on the fact that they ARE PITBULLS........not golden retrievers)

thanks

HEY HOW IS IT GOING! nice to see a familiar face around here! thanks for the complements but yes every TUESDAY we do trainning he is on my myspace as well but ill pm you his number that might help a lot as well!
Back to top Go down
Masterpiece

Masterpiece

PostSubject: Re: obedience/protection trainning   obedience/protection trainning Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 11:31 pm

wheezie wayne wrote:
cool pics keep them coming i love to see dogs working. in my schutzhund club there is a a husband and wife that are club members the wife does schutzhund with her mal and the husband is doing frech ring. ive had the pleasue of seeing him do a french ring routine. verry cool stuff
thats awesome! i love to see other dogs work as well! thanks for the complemnts though! but i dont have a camera so i have to wait for others to take pictures for me lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: obedience/protection trainning   obedience/protection trainning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

obedience/protection trainning
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pit Bull Family :: Dog Discussion :: Training/Behavior-
Jump to: