Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to tell if your female is pregnant?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anokapolicia

Anokapolicia

Male Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-03-05

How to tell if your female is pregnant? Empty
PostSubject: How to tell if your female is pregnant?   How to tell if your female is pregnant? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 10:59 pm

Ok...I was gone for 40 days and my wife was taking care of our dogs. a few weeks into my TDY, my female went through her first heat. My wife and I are not sure, but we think my male might have impregnated my female. The only sign we have right now is since her heat...her nipples have been swollen. Her heat was almost 2 months ago. Is there anything else I should be looking for? I'm hoping she is not like I mentioned before that was her first heat!
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: Re: How to tell if your female is pregnant?   How to tell if your female is pregnant? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 11:35 pm

Anokapolicia wrote:
Ok...I was gone for 40 days and my wife was taking care of our dogs. a few weeks into my TDY, my female went through her first heat. My wife and I are not sure, but we think my male might have impregnated my female. The only sign we have right now is since her heat...her nipples have been swollen. Her heat was almost 2 months ago. Is there anything else I should be looking for? I'm hoping she is not like I mentioned before that was her first heat!

They are usually pregnant for 60-65 days so if it has already been two months "60 days", I dont think she is pregnant. And the nipples "mature" after they come into their first heat. How old is the male? They can get a female pregnant at about 10 months so if he is younger than that and they did hook up, she may just be going through a false pregnancy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
Anokapolicia

Anokapolicia

Male Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: How to tell if your female is pregnant?   How to tell if your female is pregnant? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 2:09 am

My male is 19 months old, It has almost been 60 days. I hope it is. I was warned if she got pregnant after her first heat it is bad for her!
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: Re: How to tell if your female is pregnant?   How to tell if your female is pregnant? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 4:00 am

Anokapolicia wrote:
My male is 19 months old, It has almost been 60 days. I hope it is. I was warned if she got pregnant after her first heat it is bad for her!

If it has been almost 60 days then her stomach should be huge right now. A female shouldnt get pregnant until she has had her third heat or is past 2 years of age, IMO. I believe some say her second heat is fine but I disagree. It sounds like you are in the clear but just keep an eye on her. If you are really concerned then you should take her into a vet and get a sonogram* done, I think it's about $40.00 plus the cost of the visit...or atleast that's what they charge around here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
DavidLSK

DavidLSK

Male Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-05-07

PostSubject: Re: How to tell if your female is pregnant?   How to tell if your female is pregnant? Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 6:15 pm

Well we all know from reading your dog is not pregnant, so your bitch could be going through a false pregnancy. She might have hormone problems and a vet can curve that so she doesn't appear pregnant all the time. I agree with Dunlap; 2 years should go by first then breed her. Mark it on your calender so 4 mths from now you will know to keep her pinned up and away from that Stud dog of yours.
Sinister kennels: Dave
Back to top Go down
lovemygottibabies

lovemygottibabies

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: How to tell if your female is pregnant?   How to tell if your female is pregnant? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 3:40 am

think of it as your dog started puberty...she's got little boobies now. They arent gonna go anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Attila

Attila

Male Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-05-26

PostSubject: Re: How to tell if your female is pregnant?   How to tell if your female is pregnant? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 3:26 pm

youngest a dog should ever be is 24 months but remember that is like your 14 year old daughter getting knocked up so if you wait a few more months it is best.

Anyway. your dog would be full of milk by now if she were pregnant.

From now on mark on a calander the day she starts her period. Keeping track of heat cycles helps you know when to put her up in a kennel so you don't get any litters. I put them up about 5 days prior to a period and keep them separated from the other dogs till the heat is over.

Knowing the cycles makes life easier for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to tell if your female is pregnant?   How to tell if your female is pregnant? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to tell if your female is pregnant?
Page 1 of 1