Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ok I got one for you

Go down 
+3
JoeFeezy
Dunlap
Jodi42
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jodi42

Female Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-06-27

ok I got one for you Empty
PostSubject: ok I got one for you   ok I got one for you Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 11:07 pm

Brown Dog is a GREAT dog, she lets the kids do anything to her, she is great with the other dogs BUT I have noticed a weird thing about her.....if you touch her at the top (underside) part of her back leg....were it goes in from there leg to there backside (have no idea what its called) she will spin every time. There is just something about that part of her that she cant stand if someone touches. Anyone else have something like this happen?? I have talked to vets about it....she is not hurt, nothing out of place. Dont get me wrong after she spins she stops and just looks at you...never goes to actually bite.

Just wondering??
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: Re: ok I got one for you   ok I got one for you Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 3:56 pm

I've had a few dogs over time do that, as well as a few cats. Our weiner dog will do that too but I've never had any "agressive" problems from it......I just do it to annoy him when I'm play'n with him lol. I guess it's kinda like how we have certain "things" that just bug us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
Jodi42

Female Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: ok I got one for you   ok I got one for you Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 4:47 pm

haha....I know what your talking about. when we are playing with her we do it just to annoy her sometimes. Brown Dog just ******* hates it!! she never bits us, just spins and looks at us like "*** hole"
Well at least she is not the only one....thanks Dunlap!
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: Re: ok I got one for you   ok I got one for you Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 5:03 pm

Jodi42 wrote:
haha....I know what your talking about. when we are playing with her we do it just to annoy her sometimes. Brown Dog just ******* hates it!! she never bits us, just spins and looks at us like "*** hole"
Well at least she is not the only one....thanks Dunlap!

LOL, I'll have to get some pics of me pick'n on Zumo Wink lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
JoeFeezy

JoeFeezy

Male Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: ok I got one for you   ok I got one for you Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 4:38 am

Buck is the same way, but he bites my arm. But i have spent alot of time working with him and i completely trust my arm in his mouth so i let it slide. Plus its fun to let him think he might win when we wrestle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.realapbt.com
suki
suki

Female Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: ok I got one for you   ok I got one for you Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 3:57 am

yup, some animals have an area that they simply do not like to have touched. so long as no aggression issues/actions accompany their dislike, nothing to really worry about it, imo. i have a female who hates to have her feet touched. had to be sedated, even, for a nail clip one time. she's getting better, but still, you can tell, she doesn't really like it. my male used to dislike having his tail touched. weird, but knowing he didn't like it, i didn't try to instigate nor aggravate the situation. every animal is different and many have their "quirks", i guess you could call it...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
midwest_showdogs
midwest_showdogs

Male Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2007-10-27

PostSubject: Re: ok I got one for you   ok I got one for you Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 11:20 pm

well i have a dog that dont like her nails of feet touch all i did is mess with them all the time when she is in a submissive position like on her back. It shows that im in charge and the is the most submissive position a dog can be. it works it just takes awhile
Back to top Go down
Attila

Attila

Male Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-05-26

PostSubject: Re: ok I got one for you   ok I got one for you Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:18 am

dogs are like any other creature. they have their deals. One of mine is a real bugger to clip her nails or do anything at all with her feet. One that has a deal with his tail he will bite the hell out of it but don't like if someone else touches it. working with the dog is important. Judges touch dogs and they have to be able to do so.
Back to top Go down
thetonyage

thetonyage

Male Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: ok I got one for you   ok I got one for you Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 6:04 pm

yea i have a boston terrier/chihuahua mix that hates havin his front feet be touched. lol. he goes crazy, but he somehow knows not to freak out about it when i have the nail clippers in my hand. hes never been hurt by it or anything, he just knows when im playing with him, and when its time to get his nails clipped. i think hes just havin fun with me spinning in circles and barking as loud as he possibly can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ok I got one for you   ok I got one for you Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ok I got one for you
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pit Bull Family :: Dog Discussion :: Training/Behavior-
Jump to: