Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Opinions.. Michael Vick (no not asking the same old stuff..)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Adrianne

Female Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-03-07

Opinions.. Michael Vick (no not asking the same old stuff..) Empty
PostSubject: Opinions.. Michael Vick (no not asking the same old stuff..)   Opinions.. Michael Vick (no not asking the same old stuff..) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 9:13 pm

I am curious in your opinion how this whole Michael Vick case will effect the APBT in its fight to stay a legal breed, or even how will it or is it effecting the social vision of the breed?

I'm not asking should he be convicted or how much so however if that plays into the opinion feel free to share I really don't know my stance on its effect just yet thats why I ask..

Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/vegask9s
Whiskybent

Whiskybent

Female Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Opinions.. Michael Vick (no not asking the same old stuff..)   Opinions.. Michael Vick (no not asking the same old stuff..) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 12:16 am

I, personally am not certain either...I'm really not sure if it'll make an impact either way. The only thing I DO know is that there are a lot of rescue people who I know personally who will not adopt out pits or pit types for fear of the people who are interested in them.
They figure it's better to put them down than to have them possibly stolen for lord knows what. While I disagree with their stance I share that to say that things like this completely reinforce their "fears" so to speak.

Beyond that I'm not sure either direction I guess I can see a little bit either way but for the most part if it DOES make it harder it'll be people with that mentality or using that mentality against us...Peta types pushing in the "you're selfish" direction or what have you is about all I really see of it though-personally. Though I've not specifically put thought into it.

If I come up with something intelligent I'll share. Wink haha.
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Opinions.. Michael Vick (no not asking the same old stuff..)   Opinions.. Michael Vick (no not asking the same old stuff..) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 4:37 am

Adrianne wrote:
I am curious in your opinion how this whole Michael Vick case will effect the APBT in its fight to stay a legal breed, or even how will it or is it effecting the social vision of the breed?

I'm not asking should he be convicted or how much so however if that plays into the opinion feel free to share I really don't know my stance on its effect just yet thats why I ask..

Thanks

I think there's alot more to all of this than what we are being told but honestly...I havent given it a whole lot of attention. I see it on the news all the time but all they show is dog fighting videos and bs like that. All it's doing is making this breed look like it's nothing more than a bunch of killers... I'm tired of seeing it and reading about it every where I look.

But how can someone "famous" go this long without being caught? How could he have that many dogs on his property and have regular matches going on and it just now be brought to light? I dont know...it all sounds "odd" to me so I just ignore it for the most part lol. I guess it's just because I'm "burnt out" on seeing them CONSTANTLY putting bully breeds in the news and just ignore all the other "stories" of dog attacks and puppy peddlers who sale TONS of puppies each year. So honestly...I just dont care (if that makes sense). But I do think they are blowing alot of things out of proportion just to get some good stories...
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
cobra633

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Opinions.. Michael Vick (no not asking the same old stuff..)   Opinions.. Michael Vick (no not asking the same old stuff..) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 1:51 am

I dont think their is to much to this Vick story. He is really messed-up in the head. Money, ego, thug mentality. You cant be allowed to be a member of a free society if you are going to kill and torture domesticated pets, mans best friend for petes sake. Mad I hope they throw his ass in jail and rewin his money making future. He should also get 10 years of pooper scooper duty at the local dog rescue. This stupid idiot hit the life lottery for a career and this is what he chooese to do with it. F him, give that gift to someone who can do something positive. Its not the pitbulls falt. Make an example of this pos. Nuff said. Peace Exclamation
Back to top Go down
cobra633

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Opinions.. Michael Vick (no not asking the same old stuff..)   Opinions.. Michael Vick (no not asking the same old stuff..) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 8:47 pm

You are on CRACK!!!! Shocked How do you join a discussion board about pitbuuls and just dont care. :scratch:Do you think maybe he bought the property just for dogfighting???????Get educated on a subject befor you type.JMO geek
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Opinions.. Michael Vick (no not asking the same old stuff..)   Opinions.. Michael Vick (no not asking the same old stuff..) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 3:00 am

cobra633 wrote:
You are on CRACK!!!! Shocked How do you join a discussion board about pitbuuls and just dont care. scratch Do you think maybe he bought the property just for dogfighting???????Get educated on a subject befor you type.JMO geek

??? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions.. Michael Vick (no not asking the same old stuff..)   Opinions.. Michael Vick (no not asking the same old stuff..) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinions.. Michael Vick (no not asking the same old stuff..)
Page 1 of 1