Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

look'n for a motorcycle

Go down 
+5
Jodi42
DB
Attila
sedaliapridekennels
Dunlap
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

look'n for a motorcycle Empty
PostSubject: look'n for a motorcycle   look'n for a motorcycle Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 4:28 am

I'm look'n to buy me a motorcycle here in a couple of months. It doesnt have to be new or anything and infact, I wouldnt mind getting something that may need some work done to it. I dont want a rice burner or anything like that though...I like old stuff really. I've got one I'm work'n on now but it isnt big enough for any long rides, just trips to town and stuff like that. But if anyone has a bike out in the garage or barn collecting dust, please post it up
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Male Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: look'n for a motorcycle   look'n for a motorcycle Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 8:19 pm

got a 94 nighthawlk its a real nice bike with a 750 V twin asking 1200 for it in perfect shape. also got a 2005 Suzucki sv650 its not really a ricerocket more of a joy bike with the power of a rice rocket asking $3500 for that one. I also have a 2004 1100 Ninja toped 4 cyldr out at 195 at the track last weekend like to have $9800 for that one. now that one is a ricerocket.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/sedaliapitbulls
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

PostSubject: Re: look'n for a motorcycle   look'n for a motorcycle Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 9:53 pm

Can you post some pics up or let me know where I could see some?
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

PostSubject: Re: look'n for a motorcycle   look'n for a motorcycle Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 10:55 am

i cant right now until the end of the week I get my new computer I,ll let you know because my pc is down right now.
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

PostSubject: Re: look'n for a motorcycle   look'n for a motorcycle Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 5:39 am

anyone else have one for sale or know where I might find one at a pretty decent price? It will be a couple of months before I can do anything but I'm just starting my search ahead of time...
Back to top Go down
Attila

Attila

Male Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-05-26

PostSubject: Re: look'n for a motorcycle   look'n for a motorcycle Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:39 pm

I am a member of a couple of MC. I also am friends with a fellow that owns Demon Cycles. He has some project bikes and so does his friend Richie.
You can contact Rick here.

www.musclecarhunters.com

It has his car and motorcycle links.

If he doesn't have what you desire then let me know and I will poke around the shop at the club house and see what some one has there.
Back to top Go down
DB

DB

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: look'n for a motorcycle   look'n for a motorcycle Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 11:43 pm

My brother has a real nice suzuki 850.. Its a 79 has been sitting for a long time.. it only has 300 toal mies on it.. I think all it needs is the gas tank sucked out and maybe some carb stuff.. Its real nice. I want it for myself but 850 is to big for my first bike.. The price is around 500 or so.. so let me know
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

PostSubject: Re: look'n for a motorcycle   look'n for a motorcycle Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 11:56 pm

DB wrote:
My brother has a real nice suzuki 850.. Its a 79 has been sitting for a long time.. it only has 300 toal mies on it.. I think all it needs is the gas tank sucked out and maybe some carb stuff.. Its real nice. I want it for myself but 850 is to big for my first bike.. The price is around 500 or so.. so let me know

got any pics?
Back to top Go down
DB

DB

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: look'n for a motorcycle   look'n for a motorcycle Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 12:38 am

Dunlap wrote:
DB wrote:

got any pics?
I'll have to get them give me until tomorrow or so..Its a nice bike. He's selling it for his neighbor, as part of an estate sale
Back to top Go down
Attila

Attila

PostSubject: Re: look'n for a motorcycle   look'n for a motorcycle Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 10:47 am

850 is fine for your first bike my friend. If you were a little fellow or 16 I would say otherwise but just because the bike has 850 cc of engine doesn't mean you have to ride it fast. The weight from 650-900 isn't that drastic. that is a mid size cruzer or street bike if you will. Then you have your 900-1200s and on up to over 2000 cc of engine. One thing is for sure you will not likely be satisfied with any thing smaller than a 800-900 cc for very long. Even my 883 seems too small often enough. Especially on trips over 100 miles. You will also find more stability in a larger bike. Semi trucks passing you will really draw you up if you're on a small and light bike. Test a few out. I recomend taking a MSF class and if you become an ABATE member in your state you get a discount and a small life insurance policy. lol that didn't sound right but you do get one. What ever you get learn that bike completely. Nothing like a good cruzer. Let me know when you get one and I will come ride with you. I just did a short run. It has been 7 weeks now sense I had shoulder surgery so I am still not fully ready but I am working on it. That surgery is really painful and takes a long time to recover from. I have had allot of motorcycles. One thing is for sure I have dumped them small and large the same. It just happens. We try not to mess our selves up too bad. My shoulder is probably not the most painful but the hardest to recover from. No worries.
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

PostSubject: Re: look'n for a motorcycle   look'n for a motorcycle Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 8:21 pm

850 v twin or 850 4 cyldr is a big difference same with a 650 it depends I like the rice rockets myself easier to ride and alot faster but a roadster is great for long trips and free riding. It depends if i was going to go with a roadster I would go with a 850 Harley 4cyldr sportster. Small attitdue with speed to go with it.

for example my friend has a 650 ninja 4cyldr tops out at 195 0-60 in 3 1/2 seconds if rode right

but my suzuki sv 650 v twin tops out at 165 0-60 in 6 seconds big differencs for the track.

But it all depends on weight of the bike this is why the harley sporsters tend to be alot faster. Alot lighter

this is why i am a big fam of the newer model sv 650 real light around 400-450 pounds it has a open frame on the front end and real narrow on the back. It has an aluminum engine which helps with weight. This bike can range from $5000 to $6500 depends on extras. i have an older version 2005 sv 650 it has the bigger light and the smaller tires.
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

PostSubject: Re: look'n for a motorcycle   look'n for a motorcycle Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 4:48 pm

Attila wrote:
850 is fine for your first bike my friend. If you were a little fellow or 16 I would say otherwise but just because the bike has 850 cc of engine doesn't mean you have to ride it fast. The weight from 650-900 isn't that drastic. that is a mid size cruzer or street bike if you will. Then you have your 900-1200s and on up to over 2000 cc of engine. One thing is for sure you will not likely be satisfied with any thing smaller than a 800-900 cc for very long. Even my 883 seems too small often enough. Especially on trips over 100 miles. You will also find more stability in a larger bike. Semi trucks passing you will really draw you up if you're on a small and light bike. Test a few out. I recomend taking a MSF class and if you become an ABATE member in your state you get a discount and a small life insurance policy. lol that didn't sound right but you do get one. What ever you get learn that bike completely. Nothing like a good cruzer. Let me know when you get one and I will come ride with you. I just did a short run. It has been 7 weeks now sense I had shoulder surgery so I am still not fully ready but I am working on it. That surgery is really painful and takes a long time to recover from. I have had allot of motorcycles. One thing is for sure I have dumped them small and large the same. It just happens. We try not to mess our selves up too bad. My shoulder is probably not the most painful but the hardest to recover from. No worries.

I'll let you know when I find something. There is a small shop not too far from me and I've had my eye on an old bike there for a while now. It's a `73 yamaha...honda.......I cant remember the make right now, but it's a nice look'n old school chopper and back in the 70s it was on the cover of a magazine.....which I also cant remember off hand lol. It's red with old style blue flames on it and IMO, the rake and stretch is perfect for me. I'll of course strip it down and fix it all back up but I think it could make a magazine cover again one day. He says that it will run fine, it just needs a slight tune up and he's asking $3,000.00 for it. I'm still searching everywhere but I keep getting drawn back to this certain bike lol.
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

PostSubject: Re: look'n for a motorcycle   look'n for a motorcycle Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 4:53 pm

sedaliapitbulls wrote:
850 v twin or 850 4 cyldr is a big difference same with a 650 it depends I like the rice rockets myself easier to ride and alot faster but a roadster is great for long trips and free riding. It depends if i was going to go with a roadster I would go with a 850 Harley 4cyldr sportster. Small attitdue with speed to go with it.

for example my friend has a 650 ninja 4cyldr tops out at 195 0-60 in 3 1/2 seconds if rode right

but my suzuki sv 650 v twin tops out at 165 0-60 in 6 seconds big differencs for the track.

But it all depends on weight of the bike this is why the harley sporsters tend to be alot faster. Alot lighter

this is why i am a big fam of the newer model sv 650 real light around 400-450 pounds it has a open frame on the front end and real narrow on the back. It has an aluminum engine which helps with weight. This bike can range from $5000 to $6500 depends on extras. i have an older version 2005 sv 650 it has the bigger light and the smaller tires.

There was a guy who went fly'n by our house yesterday on a little crotch rocket....He was doing atleast 150-175mph and I guess he doesnt know this road too well :/. There is a deer hit atleast every other week out here and the way he was driving, a small cat could've ended it for him..... We're out on a 2 lane "cut through" road that would make for a nice bike ride, except for all of the deer, hogs, cayotes, ect. everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Jodi42

Female Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: look'n for a motorcycle   look'n for a motorcycle Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:05 pm

my hubby is building a custom bike..... he is starting with a bare frame. I'll have to post pics of his progress!!

We is a custom welder and owns his own shop....this is his side project.
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

PostSubject: Re: look'n for a motorcycle   look'n for a motorcycle Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 3:17 am

that kind of riding should have been left on the track. Its not only reckless but he could have killed someone or himself.

I will not ride like that on the streets to risky atleast if your on a track its a controled environment
Back to top Go down
Attila

Attila

PostSubject: Re: look'n for a motorcycle   look'n for a motorcycle Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 4:38 am

I am not really into the crotch rockets. I like my balls not crunched and my ass not over my head. Plus their stopping distance sucks. too light.

Anyway Josh keep in mind on that chopper deal that they do not corner very well at speed. They don't corner that great even at low speed. There is a Honda Shadow for sale at the shop $3800 it only has a few thousand miles on it and it is in perfect condition. Dude had back surgery and desided to give up ridding. It does not need anything but a rider. I think it is an 850. And is white a metalic white I believe. I rode it last week and it rides like a dream. I test ride most of them for the hell of it. They have a 750 night halk also I did not ride it though it is an older bike. I figured the $3800 on a bike that is practically new you may be interested in. I reckon if you did buy it I could help you get it home in my truck. I have to ship a dog in a few weeks anyway and Arkansas doesn't have a international airport. Got a dog going to Guam.
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

PostSubject: Re: look'n for a motorcycle   look'n for a motorcycle Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 3:47 pm

I got a 750 night halwk i would let go for 1100 good condition. It probally needs some new tires they got a little dry rot in them. As for the croach rockets i think they do dam good in the corners. I havn,t had a problem with that.
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

PostSubject: Re: look'n for a motorcycle   look'n for a motorcycle Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 4:11 am

Attila wrote:
I am not really into the crotch rockets. I like my balls not crunched and my ass not over my head. Plus their stopping distance sucks. too light.

Anyway Josh keep in mind on that chopper deal that they do not corner very well at speed. They don't corner that great even at low speed. There is a Honda Shadow for sale at the shop $3800 it only has a few thousand miles on it and it is in perfect condition. Dude had back surgery and desided to give up ridding. It does not need anything but a rider. I think it is an 850. And is white a metalic white I believe. I rode it last week and it rides like a dream. I test ride most of them for the hell of it. They have a 750 night halk also I did not ride it though it is an older bike. I figured the $3800 on a bike that is practically new you may be interested in. I reckon if you did buy it I could help you get it home in my truck. I have to ship a dog in a few weeks anyway and Arkansas doesn't have a international airport. Got a dog going to Guam.

Thanks, but it's gonna be a little while longer before I buy one. I'm getting a new 4-wheeler this week and my next "buy", will be a new pick up truck....a CHEVY of course Wink.

But I AM gonna get a bike before too much longer, I'm just gonna push it a little farther back for now.
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

PostSubject: Re: look'n for a motorcycle   look'n for a motorcycle Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 12:21 am

I was goign to say that croach roackets are about the only bike that will take a 90 degree trun at close to 150 MPH said something about not being able to take turns verry well
Back to top Go down
beemerchef

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: look'n for a motorcycle   look'n for a motorcycle Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 2:09 am

So here I am getting ready for my long spill and there you go buying something with more than 2 or 3 wheels!!!
With all due respect to street bikes (as I have had too many myself), you might want to consider a dual sport... there will ALWAYS be somewhere you want to go where a street bike will not take you... KLR 650 is a tank... same model made for an eternity... +... they make a lightweight sidecar for it!!! I will look for the picture...
Hummmm...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Back to top Go down
OldFortKennels

OldFortKennels

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: look'n for a motorcycle   look'n for a motorcycle Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 4:18 am

look'n for a motorcycle 03200

Deals Gap this past year.

have you ever looked at the ZRX 1100? I had one of those and they are newer nostalgic bikes that you can pick up for about $3000 in good shape and low miles. I loved the bike on long trips, lots of power and you could even drag a knee when you wanted to.
look'n for a motorcycle ZRX001

I have had Harleys and Sportbikes but currently Im bikeless. I dont need another sportbike but its what I like.

look'n for a motorcycle 03198
look'n for a motorcycle Andynewbike002
look'n for a motorcycle Thanksgiving2005CheyenneinLeaves084
Back to top Go down
CoolHandJean

CoolHandJean

Female Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: look'n for a motorcycle   look'n for a motorcycle Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 7:23 pm

I really like that Kawasaki, Old Fort...
Back to top Go down
suki
suki

Female Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: look'n for a motorcycle   look'n for a motorcycle Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 9:52 pm

well, when the right time comes, Josh, the right bike will be there waiting for you. i like the ride and thrill of the crotch rockets, and NOTHING can beat them as far as cornering goes, but for distance, after about 3 hrs, i'd get sore. so, i've been happy with my SuperGlide~it's comfortable, a bit heavy for me (about 650 lbs) but still nimble enuff to do some city driving and then does take to the highway and back streets REAL nice. and it does sorta "glide". NO regrets buying the HD, cept the payments are a pain in the a$$ Shocked ....
when i first started riding i picked up a Yamaha for cheap=2k, then a few years later, picked up a Suzuk for 3K=both were awesome bikes and gave great rides. so, it's all in what yah like and what you want that bike most for: more for cruising or for the thrill of the speed.
either way, imo, NOTHING beats the rush of being on 2 wheels, with the wind in your face.

come on spring!!!!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
CoolHandJean

CoolHandJean

Female Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: look'n for a motorcycle   look'n for a motorcycle Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 2:01 am

when I finally have some money to just get something fun, I'd like to get a BMW R1200R.
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

PostSubject: Re: look'n for a motorcycle   look'n for a motorcycle Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 2:14 am

i,ll post up pics of my bikes soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: look'n for a motorcycle   look'n for a motorcycle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

look'n for a motorcycle
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pit Bull Family :: For Sale :: Looking To Buy-
Jump to: