Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MidnightSkyKnl
MidnightSkyKnl

Female Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2007-05-06

Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!! Empty
PostSubject: Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!!   Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 12:36 am

Here's two more additions to M.S.K. These pups are from the Tansy/Bouncer breeding. We will be picking them up in about 4 weeks. What you all think??

Here's our Female

Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!! 06-30-2007033_2

Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!! 06-30-2007036

And our Male....

Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!! 06-30-2007029_2

Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!! 06-30-2007032
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightskykennels.com
mindovermatter

mindovermatter

Female Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!!   Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 1:59 am

I think they are cute! how old are they in the photos ?

I was wondering how you made your choices for those 2 puppies.

the reason is because i always wait till they are 8 weeks to choose to see conformation on the pups.

they are little cuties though and best of luck with them !
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!!   Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 2:39 am

OMG!!! They are darlings!! I need puppy... wait, hold me back!!
Back to top Go down
MidnightSkyKnl
MidnightSkyKnl

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!!   Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 3:37 am

mindovermatter wrote:

the reason is because i always wait till they are 8 weeks to choose to see conformation on the pups.

They are 15 days old in the pics I personally went on who was the healthiest looking and head piece. I was gonna wait on choosing for sure but my hubby has always chose by 3 weeks. He hasn't let us down so far when he chooses so I pretty much let him run with it he'll usually narrow it down between 2 pups and have me choose between them. I agree on waiting til 8 weeks to choose but he wanted to go ahead while were there and make our picks so we did. i just hope they turn out the way I hope. Which with this litter I'm pretty confident in all of them. There is one other female I really like I believe we may try and get her too.
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!!   Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 4:56 am

out of your two pics, I like the male better. The female looks...."funny" lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
MidnightSkyKnl
MidnightSkyKnl

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!!   Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 9:14 am

I don't see whats so funny about her she looks just like the male just her eyes aren't open as good. Now she is bigger then he is but not much difference between the two. Maybe color throwing her off. I dunno explain so maybe I can see it too.
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf

shadowwolf

Female Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!!   Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 3:28 pm

mindovermatter wrote:

scratch I was rather confused at picking them that young as well. It is good to pick a nice dog, but it should be the total dog that you look at that has the best overall features that you're looking for.

Unfortunately, the overall condition cannot be seen totally at three weeks since they're NOT even close to what they'll look like as adults.

They're cute an all, though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!!   Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 4:38 pm

This is an interestin topic to me. When my pups were small I thought Harley was the ugliest pup in the litter of 11. I NEVER would have chosen him Uggg... by my boyfriend insisted on him and at about 2 or 3 weeks we picked him. Now, he is very handsom if I do say so myself, and has grown to be the biggest (muscular) of the litter. Not to highjack the thread, but here is the ugly duckling at 3 weeks:
[img]Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!! Harley3weeksold

So what criteria do people use to pick a pup? how do you get past them all just being cute puppies and just picking the one that tugs your heartstrings the most?
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf

shadowwolf

Female Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!!   Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 2:42 am

lovemypits wrote:
So what criteria do people use to pick a pup? how do you get past them all just being cute puppies and just picking the one that tugs your heartstrings the most?

It's hard to get past the puppy cuteness, believe me! I melted over Ryker's litter the entire time. Had to tell myself repeatedly I didn't want a girl since I loved his sister, Hoover, so much.

You have to know conformation or at least have a good mentor to help. A good breeder who can be able to point out the faults of their own dogs is also very good.

An excellent website to learn structure (UKC & ADBA style) is www.apbtconformation.com.
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!!   Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 4:17 am

MidnightSkyKnl wrote:
I don't see whats so funny about her she looks just like the male just her eyes aren't open as good. Now she is bigger then he is but not much difference between the two. Maybe color throwing her off. I dunno explain so maybe I can see it too.

It wasnt meant to be an insult, we all have our pesonal preferences*. The first pup just has a big head with a "bull mast" look to him. I'd like to see what they look like in a few weeks though. I've had a couple of large, wrinkled up pups that look completely different when they are full grown.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!!   Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 4:27 pm

shadowwolf wrote:
lovemypits wrote:

It's hard to get past the puppy cuteness, believe me! I melted over Ryker's litter the entire time. Had to tell myself repeatedly I didn't want a girl since I loved his sister, Hoover, so much.

You have to know conformation or at least have a good mentor to help. A good breeder who can be able to point out the faults of their own dogs is also very good.

An excellent website to learn structure (UKC & ADBA style) is www.apbtconformation.com.

Thanks. I know I can't show my dogs or anything since they are not purebred, but in the future I would love to become more involved and would have to be able to pick a good pup!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!!   Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coming soon 2 new addtions to MSK!!!
Page 1 of 1