Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sorrells

Go down 
+2
Bingo
Dunlap
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Sorrells Empty
PostSubject: Sorrells   Sorrells Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 2:26 am

http://www.sorrellspitbulls.com/

Bert Sorrells was inducted by the American Dog Breeders Association (ADBA) into the Dogman Hall of Fame in 1992. He was influential in the formation of the American Dog Breeders Association Conformation and Pedigree Program as it is known today, aiding his close, long-time friend, Ralph Greenwood, in the preservation and protection of the American Pitbull Terrier Dog breed. Bert Sorrells was one of the 1st American Dog Breeders Association judges, and has been judging American Pitbull Terriers around the world ever since. His extensive research and study, along with his hard work, sacrifices, perseverance and dedication to the breed have made him one of the most highly respected authorities of the American Pitbull Terrier of all time. Bert Sorrells hard earned, dug out of the dirt experience and in-depth knowledge have resulted in a family of champion American Pitbull Terriers that have helped to shape the breed throughout the world.

Bert Sorrells came from a family of pioneers. His grandfather moved west in a covered wagon with four pitbulls attached to the corners. His interest and love for the American Pitbull Terrier began at an early age. As Bert Sorrells grew, so did his interest in these noble pitbull dogs. Bert Sorrells has gained much of his knowledge from the pitbull dogs he acquired, from both his and others' successes, and from the "Old Timers". He learned the most from digging it our of the dirt of 45 years of experience in breeding and raising the American Pitbull Terrier. For more about Bert Sorrells and the Sorrells American Pitbull Terriers, please visit our About Us Page.

Of the “Old Timers,” Bert deeply respected and befriended Earl Tudor, whose dog “Tudor’s Goldie,” a proven Champion pitbull producer of old, is the foundation of Sorrells Champion Pitbull Terriers. The Sorrells family of Pitbull Terriers achieved respect and Championships amongst Bert’s peers. Among those peers are well respected great dogmen such as Earl Tudor, Ralph Greenwood, whom he also considered a close and respected friend, Bert Clouse, Floyd Boudreaux, Howard Heinzl, Colby, Clyde Mason, Joe Corvino, Al Brown and Maurice Carver to name a few. Throughout his life, Bert Sorrells never met a man that he didn’t learn something from, good or bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
Bingo

Bingo

Male Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Sorrells Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorrells   Sorrells Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 3:16 am

Good read.
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Male Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Sorrells Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorrells   Sorrells Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 5:23 pm

I would learn more about jonie winchester who is berts ex wife and trained and bred berts best dogs. She is now breeding better sorrells dogs than bert has ever had.
If you can get information on her please post it. If you would like I can try to call her and get an interview.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/sedaliapitbulls
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Sorrells Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorrells   Sorrells Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 5:26 pm

Jonie winchester BIO

I HAVE BEEN VERY fortunate in my life. When I was about 18 years old, I owned a number of large breeds and did a fair bit of A.K.C. and Rare Breed showing. I laid my eyes on my first American Pit Bull Terrier when I was picking up a Mastiff. The little dog was Shivar's Toddy, a bad to the bone son of Cotton's Bullet. I had to have one, then two then I bought the entire yard. I ate drank and slept dogs. The phone bill was ungodly. I spoke with all the greats, Maurice Carver, Ralph Greenwood, Howard Heinzl, Andrew Giroux, Jack Boellaard, Don Maloney and Irish Jerry to name a few, and most of them really did their best to help me.
I went through a lot of dogs to get what I wanted, a good honest dog. I hung around with a lot of good men in the North East. Red Rhode, Jack Kelly, Albert Landry, Indian Eddy, Joe Goffert, John Kicak, Captain America and formed friendships that I will never forget.

Renee and Ralph Greenwood helped me the most and treated me as if I were their daughter. They decided that it was time for the A.D.B.A. to sponsor dog shows. The breed badly needed help. Since I had experience with conformation they sanctioned me as one of the first A.D.B.A. judges. It was quite an honor. I married Bert Sorrells in the 80's and took over the daily care and management of the dogs. The 12 years I spent with that group of dogs, compounded with the years with A.P.B.T's of other strains has taught me a lot. I am one of the few that really knows how their dogs are bred. Life goes on and as I said, I am lucky. I met my husband, Marcel Winchester, when I was judging a show in New Zealand. We have started a new life together, with our son, Jon-Marcel.

The dogs are ALL bred from those good dogs I had for 12 years. They are Sorrells dogs, dogs that I know forwards and backwards. I know the dog's brothers and sisters, cousins, aunts and uncles.
I have scores of people to thank for my successes. Those that have stood with me through thick and thin, thank you all. The A.D.B.A. has played a special part in my life. Without the dogs and the Greenwoods, my life may not have been so lucky.

Here I am receiving the DOG MAN OF THE YEAR award from Kate Greenwood, also there were Frank Rocca and Gary Hammond.

ADDENDUM 2006

In the year 2006 I was lucky enough to receive the highest honor the American Dog Breeders Assoc, and the fanciers can give. I was inducted into the DOG MAN HALL OF FAME. All I can say is thank you from the bottom of me heart.

2006 HALL OF FAME at the American Dog Breeders Assoc. Convention.
Enjoying my success with those that made it possible, my husband Marcel, my son Jon-Marcel
and Kate Greenwood, president of the A.D.B.A.
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Sorrells Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorrells   Sorrells Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 4:00 am

Thanks for posting that "sedalia", good read. I guess the old saying is true some times lol...'Behind every man is a good/better woman' Rolling Eyes lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
suki
suki

Female Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-03-05

Sorrells Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorrells   Sorrells Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 1:17 am

good posts. i'm enjoying this whole bloodline thread~great for beginners!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
freekypixie

freekypixie

Female Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-03-06

Sorrells Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorrells   Sorrells Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 4:04 am

our last sanctioned show had frank rocca and garry hammonds.... i have both their autograhs on the ribbons and trophys........wonderfull people...... they are very happy to meet you and talk dog.....and even sighn your lil ribbons and take pics with you...... how cool is that
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/pentaclepits
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Sorrells Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorrells   Sorrells Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 8:14 pm

thats cool i am a big fan of the sorrells bloodline and the history of them. They have alot of good dogs bred from their yard. Jonie I have had the chance to talk with over the phone a few times but have not met her. But she is a real nice lady that isn,t afraid to tell you the truth.
Back to top Go down
Jose

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Sorrells Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorrells   Sorrells Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 1:40 am

I started with Sorrells dogs. I knew Joanie when Bert's yard was still in AZ. She is a great dogwoman and deserves everything she has. I also visited them in 1987 after they moved to Florida. Some of my favorites that were in the yard at that time were Johnny Walker Red, Gr.Ch. Blue Monday, Ch. Uncle Bud, Boiler, Raisin, Hard Eyes, Roadblock, and Bandit. I would not hesitate to get a pup or dog from Joanie and Marcel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sorrells Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorrells   Sorrells Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sorrells
Page 1 of 1