Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.

Go down 
+10
Gracie
215pitts
sedaliapridekennels
stonepitkennel
suki
Adrianne
lovemypits
Attila
Dunlap
beemerchef
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
beemerchef

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2007-05-20

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. Empty
PostSubject: Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 6:00 pm

Hi there... *Dunlap* asked me to post our story here... It started 7 months ago when we left Georgia, with a motorcycle and a sidecar... for Spirit of course. Not uncommon for me to be on the road as I have taken 6 months vacation per year the past 20 years (life is too short you know...), however this time we are not turning around. My goal is to be on the road for at least 10 years if our Health allows it... will think about what to do then... will be too late to live any other way most likely...
I cannot post here the whole story... too many pictures... too much text... but all is on my website... from day one!!!
We have just finished spending a bit of time in Yosemite... too short of a time... will go back soon, that is where the latest post is from.
Spirit has been in numerous newspaper interviews (not me!!!). I like the fact that he is becoming an Ambassador for the breed...
We have had NO problems on the road at all... if anything, hundreds of people have told me how they love Pits, have Pits or had Pits... where are the others?... I don't know!!!
He will be in the San Francisco Chronicle soon... for a long article... and next week most likely will ride with me on stage... at the "Good Morning Sacramento" TV studio... what a blast we are having!!! I wish to do more on that path... but I am only one... calling all the newpapers on my route... TV channels... takes a lot of time... wish someone by the way would help me...
Isn't it about due time to have a Chef riding a motorcycle with a Pit in a Sidecar on TV???... cooking also as we go along and showing the world the beauty of this country and the kindness of so many people along the way??? you tell me...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit[

www.theoasisofmysoul.com Our Blog... in colors...Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. 154016613-L
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 2:06 am

Hey man, I'm glad you made it over here. Hopefully some new people will get to hear of your journey that havent heard of you before. Anyways, welcome to the site and i look forward to hearing updates. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
beemerchef

PostSubject: A day in San Francisco... CA.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 2:22 pm

Thanks Dunlap... it is my pleasure... well, our pleasure!!! Very Happy

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. 155052748-L

A day in San Francisco... CA.

With well chosen hours the traffic was light, with clear skies and hardly any haze blown away by the winds, it was however an emotional day to go back into San Francisco... It has been over three years...
The City had put on its best composure yesterday, helping out for clear pictures... and some narrative which are up now on the Blog.

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com Our Blog...
Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: A loop through Santa Cruz... CA.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 2:17 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. 155758915-L

A loop through Santa Cruz... CA.

More upper body workout on the rig today... sweepers, curves, tight curves... hair pins...
California has it in abundance and more! Some great blue skies... some wet and cold fog... I am learning to add and subtract clothing in a heartbeat... Every few mile has is own weather pattern!
Considering Santa Cruz was not too far... I am not exaggerating!
It was great ride, with a new tire on the sidecar and disc brake functioning close to perfection all day... (that is another story... for another day...), what more can one ask...
More of it on the Blog...

Till next time...

You be well...

Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: thoughts, bits and pieces from SF, CA.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 5:06 am

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. 156252374-L

Thoughts, Bits and Pieces from SF, CA.

Ready... ready... to go back to the Mountains! The Sierras... space please!!! No more traffic lights... traffic period! John said... “you see what you are missing...”. NOT...
But this week has been great, culminating with great company last night over dinner in North Beach... what more can one wish for!
And some pictures not posted before... as I call them... Bits and Pieces... all on the Blog.

Have a great... long weekend.

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

PostSubject: Re: Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 6:27 am

it's always nice to read your post
Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: The California Delta...   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 6:12 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. 156832080-L

The California Delta...

The Delta Sunset... Space Odyssey... not quite!
Near Walnut Grove, by the levee... by one of the rivers as there are many as we found out this afternoon!
Preceded by a ride to Somerset for a great Rib dinner... company... and laughter!
We are getting back into our space... I feel it!
More on the Blog...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com our Blog...
Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: Locke, an old Delta town... CA   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 2:06 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. 157983063-L

Locke, an old Chinese Delta town, and some new friends… CA

One of course never realize the importance of anything till, in this case, they are about to loose it!… my old faithful lap top! So we have gone through the motions of moving every thing over… a new one, not an easy task… even for me watching my good friend Brian doing his “magic”.
Windows Vista?… Like taming a new wild animal… to say the least!
And a ride in a very interesting little and old Chinese town… I met some people that keep going back as if magnetized by its “space”.
Many pictures of the town, bumping into a rider with who I had corresponded… (what would be the chances!!!)
This new laptop is like a stiff pair of new shoes!… it is all on the Blog however…

Till then…

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: At the track... and Point Reyes, CA.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 2:10 am

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. 158403436-L

At the track… and Point Reyes, CA

Good times as always, that is if you discard the windy conditions that are always prevailing here. Some nice cars and rigs at the track… If you are going to have some toys… these people are on top of it!!!
Point Reyes, a nice little town with some great broken down back roads to the Lighthouse…
All in a day’s work… all in the Blog.

Be well till next time…

Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: The Point Reyes Lighthouse, CA   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 3:26 am

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. 159124371-L

The Point Reyes Lighthouse, CA

300 steps down and 300 steps up… that is to the lighthouse…
It is a fine ride and a fine view worth coming back to and spending much more time, specially hiking to the beach for the day.
That is the rest of the story from the other day, this State is so full of wonders, including Tioga Pass which we rode yesterday…
Wonder if some members of the V Strom Forum that attended their Reno Gathering and themselves rode Tioga Pass on Saturday afternoon are here… I have something not too nice to say about them…
Enjoy the view on the Blog…

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: Route 84, the Delta... CA   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 6:17 am

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. 160596389-L

Route 84, the Delta… CA

We sure spend a lot of time on such a short stretch of road… a few hours to cover the 18 mile round trip. There is just something about those 9 miles… different crops, the trees lining the road, the water pumps in old trucks running 24/7, the best for my sight?… the sprinklers themselves… you can hear them too as the traffic is minimal…
We did participate… “we”… at the “Good Morning Sacramento” TV show… channel 31, CBS… fast and faster one needs to be!!! But we had a great time… they ate… we did not!
I have the video link on the Blog…
Be well…

Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: To the California Lost Coast...   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 2:41 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. 161591423-L

To the California Lost Coast…
Hard to post anything when in transit, specially when having to backtrack, actually push forward to load up on fuel and food and return… The Lost Coast of California is a surprise… How can such a vast area of this State be so desolate… rugged at the same time… I would call it “raw”.
The next leg is to Seattle… but a few days here first! Looking forward to meeting Andy and his family… including the many dogs… I think Spirit will be in Heaven!
The route and some pictures are on the Blog by now…

Enjoy and be well…

Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
Attila

Attila

Male Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 8:24 pm

That is awsome. Beautiful dog. I believe what you are doing is great. Dang tempting to do the same.
Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: More of the California Lost Coast...   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 12:45 pm

Maybe you should... it will transport you into a great space...

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. 162151257-L

More of the California Lost Coast…

We like it here… a lot! Scenery, just a few campers, the beach everyday… awesome roads and, yes again, a Sunset every night!
Hope you are not tired of them yet… however… I will give you a break on them and take one myself too!
I also decided to offer my services!… Beemerchef is for hire! That is as a Personal Chef… dinners… parties… even classes, yes, to you... If and when in your area… or we can plan to be in your area. I am excited about this… I have been missing that part of my life.
The Giant trees… the Beach… Spirit posing… all in the Blog with a new look… You like it?… My idea… You don’t like it?… Brian’s idea, Mr Computer…

You be well…

Ara & Spirit

personal Chef site?... www.personalchefara.com

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. 162291352-M
Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: Re: Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 12:10 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. 163028839-L

The last Sunset, a true Gift… CA

We had to jump the gun as they say… and leave this am for Seattle. Exciting times ahead which will make this Journey a better one… a safer one.
The last sunsets from last night… more big trees… you are all lucky that we actually left as I might not have spared you!
From somewhere in Oregon right now… posted on the Blog.

Be well…

and remember… Beemerchef is for hire when in your area
www.personalchefara.com

Ara and Spirit

Back to top Go down
Attila

Attila

Male Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 5:51 am

Ya, I am looking at a Royal Enfield with a side car. Thought about getting a side car and mounting it to my Sportster. Then I figured that would be a bad idea. Dogs would go deaf.
Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: Rig maintenance in Seattle... WA   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 1:13 pm

I like the idea of the Royal Enfield... have you checked the sidecar forums?... Like SCT... or USCA?... nice folks that would help you...
let me know if you need help...

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. 163609482-L

Rig maintenance in Seattle… WA

They say it rains a lot here, in Seattle, and it must. It has been overcast, but we have been too busy taking the rig apart to notice much of it.
The great news is that “Old Faithful‘s” transmission is fine… it is a big load off my mind.

The dogs are having a blast playing, sometimes hard but always friendly.
It is nice to see Spirit having a friend… I often thought about getting him a companion… but… where would he fit in the sidecar! I had a chance of it the other day when I was offered a Pit puppy!… white with black lips and an L marking on her neck.. Named “Lips”!

No riding for a while… trying to stay busy to distract me from the thought of missing my daily ritual!… won’t be long.

Will post the progress on the Blog with everything else that is and will be going on.

Be well…

Don’t forget Beemerchef is for hire when in your area…

Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: Headiing back to Seattle...   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 3:16 am

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. 165384407-L

Heading back to Seattle…

Mind games that Spirit is here… I hear and feel him, at the same time I get this “drop the stomach” notion at times… I will have to endure this two more days till our eyes meet again. Patience… I think more than that will be needed.
1100 miles or so to go which will see me back in Seattle Saturday, not Friday as I had planned on. Driving is not my favorite past time!
Had to be done… much more ahead.
Enjoy the pictures in the Blog… as I finally stopped to actively find an Internet connection and take some time to write.

Be well…

Beemerchef for hire if and when in your area!

Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: Back to Seattle... reunited!   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 1:13 am

Back in Seattle… reunited!

Feels good to be with my buddy again… even if he was a bit angry! How dare you leave me behind! Feels good to see… the rig again. Did I just say that or did Andy threatened me if I did not write this? The garage door was closed when I pulled in… good thing!
It is all good… all of it! Tired… too much driving…
The rest is on the Blog…

Be well…

Beemerchef is for hire if and when in your area…

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com our Blog... Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. 166123855-L
Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: Idling near Seattle... WA   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 2:35 am

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. 167011202-L

Idling near Seattle… WA

One day at the time brings us closer to the new roads ahead of us… We are here thought, so laid back… further than most houses from the main road it feels like we are indeed camping out… the dogs are having a blast and much work ahead for both Andy and I… as I have been allowed to help!!! Yes…
A nice walk right here and some thoughts in the Blog…

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: A Birthday in Seattle... WA   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 1:13 am

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. 167685697-L

A Birthday in Seattle… WA

We are at a stand still tonight… Friday night… parts have not showed up as just about everything else has been done, reinforced… need the shocks back to get the rest going… all three of them! Managed to cook a nice dinner last night having come across a Cooper River Sockeye Salmon… fresh… caught Sunday. Some errands… more tomorrow again and will check out the town… “Enumclaw”…
It has been REALLY nice to get best wishes from so many! A real treat I assure you…
When are we getting back on the road? Most likely Wednesday… not a good day for it considering the Holiday weekend, but…
More on the Blog…

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

PostSubject: Re: Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 4:16 am

Well hopefully y'all wont have any more troubles for a while once you get everything back in order. Good luck, and thanks for showing our breed in a positive light Smile
Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: Enumclaw... WA   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 1:31 pm

Thanks Dunlap... Again! I get such positive feedback and excitement about Spirit... and always wonder... WHERE are those OTHERS that put this breed down??? WHERE are they...

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. 168236730-L

Enumclaw… WA

I don’t know about Spirit… but I can taste and see the finish line suddenly! If it was not for the rebuilt shocks shipped from Georgia ground instead of air… we would have been rolling by Monday for sure… Now? Maybe Tuesday evening… pull a late one!
Anyhow I cannot leave this town till I have a piece of a pie from the “Pie Goddess”… You can see her on the Blog…

Till later… you be well…

Ara & Spirit

… and don’t forget, if and when in your area… would love to cook for you!

Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

PostSubject: Re: Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 4:28 am

I'm gonna be buying me a new bike within the next couple of months...So if you ever swing down towards Texas, I would like to meet up with you for a "few" miles
Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: Rolling again... Mt Rainier, WA   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 3:35 pm

That sounds like a plan... what are you getting??? Have you ever been to Big Bend??? Magical!!!

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. 169762794-M

Rolling again… Mt Rainier, WA

Savoring the moments with each mile with an incredible handling rig, Mt Rainier’s breathtaking beauty, snow in July, incredible weather, great company, a happy Spirit… what more would I ask for! I must have done something right to deserve all this. What an accomplishment on Andy’s part to have spend unselfishly so many hours reconstructing the rig from ground up… There is Karma, I cannot ignore it. It makes me await the future with excitement as the times to come can only be filled with the great pictures of a life that can only have more positive aspects…
More pictures on the Blog…

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.
Page 1 of 18Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next