Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game bred dog with a child

Go down 
+2
woody d
sf1986
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sf1986

sf1986

Male Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Game bred dog with a child Empty
PostSubject: Game bred dog with a child   Game bred dog with a child Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 3:51 pm

Here is my baby. My sons adore her. I could never make them understand why our government says she has to go should that ever happen.

Photobucket" border="0" alt=""/>
Back to top Go down
woody d

woody d

Male Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Game bred dog with a child   Game bred dog with a child Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 4:16 pm

nice pic Very Happy this is a topic that makes for suprising conversation. i was a member on another forum when i had just got Riot, and i was criticized by a couple UKC showdog folks for having a "gamier" bred dog in the house. one member(moderator) stated that if HE owned a dog bred like Riot, all he would worry about when not at home was... and i quote.."whats my nasty dog doin now?" i couldnt believe a person that claimed to be doin so much for the breed would respond like that. so anyway, last night i had 5! girls sleepin on my living room floor(Hannah turned 9 today), and guess where my "nasty" dog INSISTED on sleeping? smack dab right in the middle of them. ok..now for the point... i would sooner have a "gamebred" around my kids than anything else....and those who dont might be the ones who need to worry about their pets w/ children.
Back to top Go down
pocketdunlap

Male Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Game bred dog with a child   Game bred dog with a child Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 4:51 pm

Good not agree more woody
Back to top Go down
suki
suki

Female Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Game bred dog with a child   Game bred dog with a child Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:42 pm

i think it's all in how they're brought up, and what they're subjected to during that time. i personally have one whom i could NOT let be around children, due to my kids being older and that dog not used to young children. her behavior is unpredictable with young kids, at best, so we don't take chances.
just gutta use your best judgement, but in terms of showing how diverse and amendable this breed CAN be, why NOT have a game bred APBT around kids~just prooves it CAN be done! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Female Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Game bred dog with a child   Game bred dog with a child Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 7:01 pm

woody d wrote:
nice pic Very Happy this is a topic that makes for suprising conversation. i was a member on another forum when i had just got Riot, and i was criticized by a couple UKC showdog folks for having a "gamier" bred dog in the house. one member(moderator) stated that if HE owned a dog bred like Riot, all he would worry about when not at home was... and i quote.."whats my nasty dog doin now?" i couldnt believe a person that claimed to be doin so much for the breed would respond like that. so anyway, last night i had 5! girls sleepin on my living room floor(Hannah turned 9 today), and guess where my "nasty" dog INSISTED on sleeping? smack dab right in the middle of them. ok..now for the point... i would sooner have a "gamebred" around my kids than anything else....and those who dont might be the ones who need to worry about their pets w/ children.

Jeez I own UKC showdogs and seriously, when we leave we ask "What the hell is that nasty dog doing now?" referring to our dog, Dookie. He is downright NASTY. I don't think it should matter if it is a gamebred or not, a pitbull is a pitbull and a good 99.9% of them have hearts of gold.
Back to top Go down
http://prisonbluepitbulls.webs.com
woody d

woody d

PostSubject: Re: Game bred dog with a child   Game bred dog with a child Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:33 pm

not trying to ruffle your feathers, but a pitbull is a pitbull, but a gamebred is an APBT. i hate when someone calls an APBT a pitbull. that is a vague description used by the media to drag my breeds name through the mud, and not even a breed in its own right. hell, ive seen boxers and american bulldogs called pitbulls in the news as soon as they bite someone.
Back to top Go down
sf1986

sf1986

PostSubject: Re: Game bred dog with a child   Game bred dog with a child Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 9:08 pm

I bought this girl from Pat Patrick back in April of 2007. She was 12 weeks old when I had her flown in from Tuscon, Az to Portland, Or. I was warned in advance that I was crazy if I thought I could make her an inside dog; even advised not to buy her because her breeding made her a dog not for amateurs. Well, before buying her, I had not raised a pitbull or even owned one for over 20 years. The last time I owned one, I was a young teenager living at home. We had 5 dogs then, and two were dogs that were heavy Patrick dogs. All of the dogs were raised the standard way for that time: outside, most were on chains, secured to the ground with used car axles that were sledgehammered into the ground, homemade wooden houses stuffed with cedar shaving to keep the fleas off and keep the dogs warm during winter, 5 gallon buckets for water, etc, etc, etc. We used to show the dogs at ADBA dog shows as well as condition them. So, I was not exactly a new comer, more a returner to the breed. I thought that I knew plenty about the breed, so I did not heed the warnings. Looking back, I agree that all of the warnings I was given were true, and if I knew then how much work it would take to mold her into a good house pet, I might not have ever tried. But, as it is now, ignorance was my friend, for now I have the dog I always wanted. It took alot of time, patience, and training, which continues even today, but not nearly as much as at the beginning. I know that with just a little encouragement during her formative years, she could have been hell on wheels; she was a mean bitch of a puppy. But, during her 2 years with me, she has never bitten another dog, cat, bird, person, or anything else. She has been raised indoors with 2 other smaller dogs, a cat and a parrott, 2 boys and my wife and myself. I am not saying that all game bred dogs are like her; I know they are not. For one thing, statistically females are less likely to bite than males, which is one reason I bought her instead of her brother. Also, I sought the advice of an old dog man, who told me he thought Bolio dogs were less likely to bite people than any other game bred dog, which is one of the reasons I purchased her from him. I agree with everyone who thinks any breed can be molded to be people aggressive. In the nature vs nurture debate, I tend to favor the nurture side. This is one reason I believe that the breed should not be outlawed. People who mishandle these dogs, not to mention other breeds, should be held accountable.
Back to top Go down
woody d

woody d

PostSubject: Re: Game bred dog with a child   Game bred dog with a child Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 9:18 pm

good story! this has the makings of a very informative thread for the nonbelievers. im glad ya started it. and i REALLY like your dog Smile in that pic, looks like a HUGE melon for a female
Back to top Go down
sf1986

sf1986

PostSubject: Re: Game bred dog with a child   Game bred dog with a child Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 1:21 am

Yes, she has a big head.
Back to top Go down
jeremy @ aftershockennels

jeremy @ aftershockennels

Male Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Game bred dog with a child   Game bred dog with a child Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 6:15 am

i have a couple dogs that cant be alone with my kids not because they would bite they just wont stop licking my kids face and they would scratch them too
Back to top Go down
Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Prison Blue Pit Bulls

PostSubject: Re: Game bred dog with a child   Game bred dog with a child Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 8:40 am

I have a stupid puppy like that.
Back to top Go down
sf1986

sf1986

PostSubject: Re: Game bred dog with a child   Game bred dog with a child Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 2:59 pm

Stupid puppies, stupid kids.... when I was a kid I was pretty stupid too. Don't give up on the pup.
Back to top Go down
Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Prison Blue Pit Bulls

PostSubject: Re: Game bred dog with a child   Game bred dog with a child Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 1:58 am

No I haven't given up on him. He is a slow learner though and it is pretty frustrating. Nothing is better than when he starts to catch on though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game bred dog with a child   Game bred dog with a child Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game bred dog with a child
Page 1 of 1