Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dogs left outside to freeze

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

Dogs left outside to freeze Empty
PostSubject: Dogs left outside to freeze   Dogs left outside to freeze Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 10:15 pm

Wisconsin is such a sad state lately!! What is wrong with people and animals????? First the kids that put the puppy in the oven, then the snowmobilers that tortured and killed 5 deer with their sleds, then the guy that killed over 50 ducks with his snowmobile.. now this???

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/38194689.html

Dogs Left Outside, One Freezes To Death
George Mallet

MILWAUKEE—The unnamed pit bull peered out of her metal crate at The Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Center. Her big green eyes were at once curious and sad. The animal has been through nothing short of Hell in recent weeks.

Police found the square-jawed dog with the floppy ears locked outside a home on North 58th Street along with a Mastiff-mix. That second dog froze to death. Police believe the dogs were outside for several weeks, enduring the coldest nights in years without benefit of food, water or shelter.

“The person we arrested actually admitted to us that he hadn’t fed the dogs for a few weeks,” said Sgt. Mark Stanmeyer of the Milwaukee Police Department.

Stanmeyer said the dog’s owner told investigators he didn’t want the dogs inside his house anymore.

“Leaving dogs outside with no food and water is not acceptable,” said Melanie Sobel, the executive director of MADACC. “We domesticated these animals. They’re a hundred percent dependent on us. So it’s our job to be responsible and take care of them appropriately.”

Reverend Frank Walker lives a few doors away from the man accused of leaving his dogs outside to face the ravages of winter. When he learned what happened he shook his head in disappointment.

“I think dogs have more sense than human beings,” Walker said as he raised his eyebrows for emphasis. “Because, human beings abuse dogs and I’ve never seen a dog abuse a human being.”

Milwaukee Police wouldn’t have known about the dogs and their plight if a foot chase hadn’t led them up 58th Street early Thursday morning. That’s when they found the dogs.

The owner of the dogs hadn’t been charged as of Thursday night. But he did spend the night in the Milwaukee County lockup and was expected to face animal cruelty charges Friday morning.

Look at this poor face!! I wish I could go get her!!

Dogs left outside to freeze Animal_cruelty1ogg
Back to top Go down
Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Female Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Dogs left outside to freeze   Dogs left outside to freeze Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 1:40 am

Oh my gosh those are the biggest, sweetest eyes I have ever seen! I don't get how people can just starve their dogs and not care. WTH?
Back to top Go down
http://prisonbluepitbulls.webs.com
suki
suki

Female Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Dogs left outside to freeze   Dogs left outside to freeze Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 9:11 pm

yup, this is the sorta stuff that just steams my a--!!!!!!!
sorry, no excuse! their bodies are not meant to withstand temps like that.
this is when i believe in the saying "an eye for an eye"....
sad story.... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Dogs left outside to freeze   Dogs left outside to freeze Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:42 pm

Okay I can understand not wanting the dog in the house....BUT there is no excuse for them not having food, water, and shelter. At least this one was able to be saved.
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

PostSubject: Re: Dogs left outside to freeze   Dogs left outside to freeze Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 12:48 am

Yep.. and all the guy got was 1 misdermeaner charge.. for the dog that passed Sad
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Dogs left outside to freeze   Dogs left outside to freeze Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 1:29 am

People.......
Back to top Go down
frank ilona

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Dogs left outside to freeze   Dogs left outside to freeze Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 7:25 pm

Well if you know the creep, go and revenge and break some bones.pit love
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

PostSubject: Re: Dogs left outside to freeze   Dogs left outside to freeze Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 4:23 pm

Nope don't know him.. If I did .. I'd have seen the dogs and done something before this happened. I don't associate with people that would treat animals like this. I'm sure by now he has new dogs.. and the cycle continues.
Back to top Go down
frank ilona

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Dogs left outside to freeze   Dogs left outside to freeze Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 6:09 pm

thanks please let me know if any other news on dogs but try to stop him.pit love
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dogs left outside to freeze   Dogs left outside to freeze Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dogs left outside to freeze
Page 1 of 1