Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Letter to Pete Sparks from "Doc"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GSDBulldog

GSDBulldog

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Letter to Pete Sparks from "Doc" Empty
PostSubject: Letter to Pete Sparks from "Doc"   Letter to Pete Sparks from "Doc" Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 2:09 am

Letter to Pete Sparks from "Doc" Letter
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Letter to Pete Sparks from "Doc"   Letter to Pete Sparks from "Doc" Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 2:27 am

I'd like to get my hands on that scrap book lol. And that last part about needing to get rid of some dogs because he is getting old is something I've often thought about. I'm only 22 years old and hopefuly I've got a long life ahead of me but you never know what tommorow holds... There is a guy right now trying to get rid of all of his dogs because he is suffering from cancer. There is a post about it in the breedings section (kirkwoodpits)
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
jbh38

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Letter to Pete Sparks from "Doc"   Letter to Pete Sparks from "Doc" Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 5:08 am

You know my husband was given his first pit bull by Pete Sparks. He was 14 and had called him and visited his yard several times wanting a dog (his Granny drove him there..lol) Pete Sparks lived around Stark and Jimmy was in Bronson, so it was about a 1/2 hour drive. Eventually Pete gave in and told Jimmy he had a dog there that just didn't have heart and told him if his Granny said it was okay, he could come and get him. Gave Jimmy specific instructions that the dog had no heart, he was just a dog, but he was a dog that went everywhere with him. Jimmy saw his ad in the Bargain Trader and fell in love with the dogs.

Unfortunately, when Pete got older, he was in a care facility and Jimmy's sister was his nurse. She was the one that found him when he passed. He was in the same facility as Jimmy's granny. Seems like everything goes full circle..

He realizes now how lucky he was to have gotten to interact with him and listen to the stories and see the dogs and get one, even if Pete did consider it a cull. It wasn't a cull to a 14 year old boy though, that was his dog, his pride and joy. He was young, never bred him and he regrets that now, but then it just wasn't important, he really didn't know what he had, he was a boy that fell in love with a dog in the bargain trader and so began his love of the pit bull.
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Male Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Letter to Pete Sparks from "Doc"   Letter to Pete Sparks from "Doc" Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 5:17 am

that is a good read thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/sedaliapitbulls
Mallard

Male Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Letter to Pete Sparks from "Doc"   Letter to Pete Sparks from "Doc" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 1:46 pm

This letter was lifted from my Dog Letters website. To see this and more, go to www.freewebs.com/dogletters

Mallard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letter to Pete Sparks from "Doc"   Letter to Pete Sparks from "Doc" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Letter to Pete Sparks from "Doc"
Page 1 of 1