Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbie to the breed.

Go down 
+5
rednya
CoolHandJean
suki
lovemypits
Nickcb
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Nickcb

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Newbie to the breed. Empty
PostSubject: Newbie to the breed.   Newbie to the breed. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 8:18 pm

Figured i should introduce myself here, I just got a Pitbull about a month and a half ago, shes about 13 weeks old. Not quite sure about her blood line, but i have the CKC registration papers ive gotta send off, just need to get ahold of the breeders and find out the bloodline. Shes Brown and Black Brindle. Been a great dog so far, ive been trying to introduce her around a lot of ppl and kids to get her used to ppl and not show any aggression when she gets older. Shes not the first one ive had, but the first one ive had since a puppy. As of right now she is a inside dog, but when the weather warms up im gonna build her a house outside and fence it in. Dont have any pictures right now, (On iphone) but will get some up of her later. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Nickcb

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the breed.   Newbie to the breed. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 8:28 pm

[img]Newbie to the breed. 01610[/img][img]Newbie to the breed. 02610[/img]
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the breed.   Newbie to the breed. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 9:48 pm

Welcome to the board!! Very cute puppy, what is her name?
Back to top Go down
Nickcb

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the breed.   Newbie to the breed. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:51 am

Her name is Lexi.
Back to top Go down
suki
suki

Female Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the breed.   Newbie to the breed. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 5:21 am

COOL!
nice to have you (and she) Wink here.
gutta admit, i've a soft spot for the brindles.... Smile
welcome to the forum, and i hope you always enjoy your time on here!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
CoolHandJean

CoolHandJean

Female Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the breed.   Newbie to the breed. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 10:35 pm

Welcome.

She is cute.

In CKC, do you mean the Canadian Kennel Club or the Continental Kennel Club?
Back to top Go down
Nickcb

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the breed.   Newbie to the breed. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 7:02 am

Thanks for the welcome. Ya, ive allways liked the Brindles, sort of lucked up on her. The guy wanted her, his girlfriend wanted another one they had, so of course she got the one she wanted lol

And its the Continental Kennel Club. What part of NC are you from CoolHandJean ? I live in NC also.
Back to top Go down
CoolHandJean

CoolHandJean

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the breed.   Newbie to the breed. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 1:34 am

I'm over near Hickory.

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but the CKC (Continental, not Canadian) isn't the most reputable registry. Yes, all registries have their hung papers and questionable dogs, but the CKC will accept anything and register it as an APBT.

Though the good news, if you don't plan to show her or breed her, it doesn't really matter now, and you should obviously love the dog anyway, just in the future, stay clear of the CKC. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nickcb

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the breed.   Newbie to the breed. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 1:23 am

Ya, when i got her i had no clue of what any of the CKC, and all the other things meant, still not entirly sure to be honest. That doesnt really matter to me, all i care about is her being a good dog. If i breed her, it wont be to make money or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
rednya

rednya

Female Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the breed.   Newbie to the breed. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 12:58 am

soo cute! welcome
Back to top Go down
CoolHandJean

CoolHandJean

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the breed.   Newbie to the breed. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 1:17 am

Nickcb wrote:
Ya, when i got her i had no clue of what any of the CKC, and all the other things meant, still not entirly sure to be honest. That doesnt really matter to me, all i care about is her being a good dog. If i breed her, it wont be to make money or anything like that.

I highly suggest not breeding her, especially since you aren't 100% sure she really is fullbred. She could have something mixed in there. Trust me from someone who has done an one time backyard breeding, I bred my dogs because we wanted a pup off of our dogs. It is a very wrong reason to breed your dog. I even thought I was being responsible about it, screened the people, made sure they understand BSL, and all that. One pup was stolen from the family I had approved. Another family that got one said that she "died" mysteriously one night, which I still am not sure I believe. I feel pretty guilty, because I added to the problem instead of helped. If you still decide to breed, at least, do what I wish I would have done, get all the pups spayed/neutered before they leave.

However, it's best to wait till you have a dog that you know it's lineage, show it to make sure it's up to conformation (looks and temperament wise), and/or have some physical activity (i.e. weight pull, agility, hog hunting, etc) to prove it's worthy of being bred.
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the breed.   Newbie to the breed. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 4:25 am

Thanks for sharing your experience with us CHJ.
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the breed.   Newbie to the breed. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 6:07 pm

Welcome and she is a pretty pup....
Back to top Go down
Nickcb

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the breed.   Newbie to the breed. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 2:45 am

I found out what bloodlines she is, the ppl i got her from said she had 4 different kinds. Gotti, Razors edge, Blue nose and red nose. That dont tell me much though lol What do those mean exactly ?
Back to top Go down
Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Female Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the breed.   Newbie to the breed. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 5:55 am

Um....you only listed 2 bloodlines: Razors Edge and Gotti; blue and red are just colors. I think it's great you love your dog, she's a cutie! Why don't you check around your area for any local dog clubs that you can get her involved with. It would be a fun way for you to bond with her. Alot of them have weight pull, lure courses, and even treadmill competitions.
Back to top Go down
http://prisonbluepitbulls.webs.com
Nickcb

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the breed.   Newbie to the breed. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 4:07 am

Sorry about that, thats actually what i meant to say was 2 bloodlines. I seen a ad in a paper a few weeks ago about a agility (sp?) and weight pull competition going on in Asheville NC. Which is 1.5 hours from me. Other then that, i havent been able to find any dog clubs around close by. I got some more questions but ill probably start a new thread for them.
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the breed.   Newbie to the breed. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:39 am

I am no expert on bloodlines but I would be suprised if she had either one of those bloodlines in her. Please don't quote me on that (I haven't seen her paperwork). She just doesn't seem to have the charecteristics from those bloodlines.
Back to top Go down
woody d

woody d

Male Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the breed.   Newbie to the breed. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:50 am

maybe if you could provide some more info on her the bloodline thing could be cleared up. i did say maybe though Suspect names and such would really help
Back to top Go down
CoolHandJean

CoolHandJean

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the breed.   Newbie to the breed. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:48 am

If those are truly her bloodlines, then she is an American Bully, which isn't bad. It's still a "pit bull" just not an APBT.

You could try to get her registered with the American Bully Kennel Club, and if you can get her ABKC registered. The AADR now accepts the Ambully, and you can register her with them as well.
Back to top Go down
haley md

Female Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the breed.   Newbie to the breed. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 3:45 pm

aww what a cute puppy. .Welcome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the breed.   Newbie to the breed. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie to the breed.
Page 1 of 1