Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Canine blood donation

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

Canine blood donation Empty
PostSubject: Canine blood donation   Canine blood donation Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 4:00 am

Tomorrow is Sasha and Harley's first time for their blood donation. They told me that my dogs have the blood type that any dog can use in a transfusion. I guess they said holiday times they are in more need for blood. I'm pretty excited that my dogs will be able to help other dogs in need. Also, they keep track of how many times you come and each dog gets $20 each time they come put towards a bill if YOUR dog has an emergency. Sooo... 5 blood donations and I could walk into the center for free.. lol. .. I think the paper also stated they get a free bag of dog food? I guess I'll find out tomorrow..

But yay Sasha & Harley!!!
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf

shadowwolf

Female Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Canine blood donation   Canine blood donation Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 6:03 am

Lucky! Sounds like a good deal! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
suki
suki

Female Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Canine blood donation   Canine blood donation Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 5:18 am

good on you!!!
we do this here at work, as well, for the dogs and cats. goodness will find you, i've NO doubt!
Tx for "donating"
and for sure~YAY!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Canine blood donation   Canine blood donation Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 6:30 pm

How did they do?
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Canine blood donation   Canine blood donation Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 6:05 pm

Well, Harley could not donate because they didn't want to risk it with his heart murmur. Sad But he was such an angel as they did tests on him and took blood to test and also just feeling him all over to be sure that he was "safe" for the techs to handle. Pure gentleman.

Sasha, also did well in the tests, but was a squirrley on the table. They said next time she comes they could give her a pill to mildly sedate her if I wanted. She would be easier then and not moving around.

So she will continue to donate when they need her, and yes they do give out 18lb bags of .. purina pro plan I believe I got the lamb and rice flavor. Since I don't feed that to my dogs, I donate it to the local HS instead.
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Canine blood donation   Canine blood donation Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 1:42 am

Thats really cool...I have never heard of anything like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canine blood donation   Canine blood donation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Canine blood donation
Page 1 of 1