Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pit Bull Hysteria is Out of Control Here!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Female Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Pit Bull Hysteria is Out of Control Here! Empty
PostSubject: Pit Bull Hysteria is Out of Control Here!   Pit Bull Hysteria is Out of Control Here! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:19 am

Weve had numerous "attacks" in the Portland/Vancouver area the past month or so. I have a feeling BSL is heading this way. What really pisses me the **** off is that it's ALLLLLL one newschannel! Here's their latest headline story:
http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_120808_newsbeaverton_pit_bull_shot.41f3490c.html?ocp=1

******* BULLSHIT!!!! Apparently some people are going to be picketting the station. I had suggested it after the 3rd "attack" and now people are really going to do it. WHAT can we do to stop this? I feel like telling the pitbull haters the facts about the breed is like talking to a wall. They don't hear me, they are too stuck in their own ignorance. cherry
Back to top Go down
http://prisonbluepitbulls.webs.com
alfisher3

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Pit Bull Hysteria is Out of Control Here!   Pit Bull Hysteria is Out of Control Here! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 2:05 pm

Just my evaluation of reading the article, I would say the police was in the right this time, I mean honestly I don't care what breed of dog it is, if someone's dog leaves their property and poses as a threat then by all means we have the right to put that dog in the dirt, I just honestly wish it wasn't a pit bull everytime we turn on the news, sadly this breed grabs the attention of everyone even those irresponsible owners who shouldn't be allowed by law to own a goldfish. If we can find a way to be more selective about ownership as we claim we are about breeding then that would help reduce the number of bite incidents dramatically.
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Pit Bull Hysteria is Out of Control Here!   Pit Bull Hysteria is Out of Control Here! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:04 pm

Good point Ant.

PBPB's, I would just be sure that at the picketing that A) the people are civil and B) people don't bring their dogs.

I think sometimes people get so worked up about BSL and everything happening to the breed that they let it out in a non-constructive way. I mean, if the people are acting respectful that is one thing but if they get unruly then it's just proving the generalization that pit bull owners are thugs or un-intelligent people.

There is such a diverse demographic of people that own this breed, I mean.. I for one am a very boring accounting type.. lol... we have to use our heads. And we will never be able to "force" people to listen to our point of views regarding bully breed dogs.

We have to do our part to be sure our dogs are the best breed ambassadors they can be. Have you looked into any clubs in your area that might be fighting this? I know from my other boards alot of people in your area are very worried about BSL coming to town.
Back to top Go down
Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Female Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Pit Bull Hysteria is Out of Control Here!   Pit Bull Hysteria is Out of Control Here! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 1:16 am

I have one group I am pretty involved with and I know a handful of us are extremely worried about BSL, the other part thinks it will pass. I received an email from a girl off of the newschannel board and we are going to start putting in some plans on a peaceful rally. She says she knows people involved with the city council and is going to talk to them, a few local rescues and possibly h/s. I would like to maybe have a few vets come as well. Most of the vets who have seen my dogs always have something positive to say about the breed-last week we went in with my puppy and the vet told us how Dookie let him poke and prod his owie, even stick a needle in it and he was great-most puppies would need to be sedated! Afterwards, Dookie wagged his tail and gave everyone kisses, that;s what they expect from a pitbull.
I agree that the dogs should be limited, but a few should be allowed. I probably will not bring any dogs, one is a definite no (he's very DA), the other one is great with other dogs but is scared of too many loud noises and doesn't like big groups of people, the other one would be fine but he got beat up by my male and it looks like it.
I agree about the diversity of people who owns pitbulls, I had a doctor with a retired show dog (amstaff), everybody from working class to trailer trash to lawyers and cops and thugs. The cool thing about it, is when you meet someone else who owns a pitbull everything else about you disappears and it's all about the dogs. I don;'t think I'm so much worried about the rally turning negative, I think all the bad people don;t care enough to show up any way.
Back to top Go down
http://prisonbluepitbulls.webs.com
rednya

rednya

Female Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Pit Bull Hysteria is Out of Control Here!   Pit Bull Hysteria is Out of Control Here! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:21 pm

all of this BSL makes me sick. In Canada, Pits are banned from our province of Ontario and have some strict leash/muzzle laws in different parts of the country. Thank heavens I live in British Columbia which is a province still pretty lenient. Of course these laws are bogus, but what can we do to fight them!?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pit Bull Hysteria is Out of Control Here!   Pit Bull Hysteria is Out of Control Here! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pit Bull Hysteria is Out of Control Here!
Page 1 of 1