Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

winter coats

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wmssh

wmssh

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-26

winter coats Empty
PostSubject: winter coats   winter coats Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 6:24 pm

anyone here have problems with their dogs coats after winter? and how do you get it back to par?
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

winter coats Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter coats   winter coats Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 4:44 am

I have one that has prolems in the winter. Her hair gets real dry and brittle looking. But as soon as it starts warming up it starts to look normal again.
Back to top Go down
wmssh

wmssh

winter coats Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter coats   winter coats Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 11:43 pm

is there no one out there with any comments to this?
Back to top Go down
sf1986

sf1986

Male Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-05-04

winter coats Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter coats   winter coats Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:53 am

My dog's coat is very thin all year long. She is an indoor dog, so I don't think the seasons have a great effect on her coat.

However, back in the 1980's when we had several dogs that lived outside on chains in dog houses, I recall that their coats did get very thick in the winter. To get the excess hair off, I used to give my dog a rub down after every walk, starting on the hind legs, then the front legs, then the body and lastly the muzzle and ears. It is important to always rub with the lay of the hair and not against it. It is amazing how much hair will come off using this method, not to mention the comfort the dog feels after a long walk or run. I hope this is of some help.
Back to top Go down
wmssh

wmssh

winter coats Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter coats   winter coats Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:50 am

thanks for your posts....
it is very easy to tell at the shows who keeps their dogs inside and who leaves them out by their coats.... i just like to see what some do to get the yuck out of their dogs coats come show season - i have only had so so luck with this in the past
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf

shadowwolf

Female Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-04-04

winter coats Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter coats   winter coats Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:29 pm

Furminator. Best brush in the planet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

winter coats Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter coats   winter coats Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

winter coats
Page 1 of 1