Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Bloodline?

Go down 
+9
black_caesar72
alfisher3
sf1986
CoolHandJean
shadowwolf
cesar
jeremy @ aftershockennels
pitmamma
rednya
13 posters
AuthorMessage
rednya

rednya

Female Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Best Bloodline? Empty
PostSubject: Best Bloodline?   Best Bloodline? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:11 am

Hey all... I'm pretty new to this forum, but I am very interested in the Bloodline threads. I have a dog now which I rescued and I have no idea of her bloodline, but we're thinking about getting another pit in the near future and I was wondering if anyone had any bloodlines that they preferred or think are especially beautiful? Oh and I should say we want a red nosed dog.... thanks!
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

Best Bloodline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Bloodline?   Best Bloodline? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:09 am

I am not very good with bloodlines but we do have a few members here that are pretty knowledable and I am sure they would be glad to help. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Male Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Best Bloodline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Bloodline?   Best Bloodline? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 7:44 am

red boy/jeep
Back to top Go down
cesar

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Best Bloodline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Bloodline?   Best Bloodline? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 5:51 pm

i have heard have in canada very good sorrel and boomerang dogs.....all time best carvers........ Wink
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf

shadowwolf

Female Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Best Bloodline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Bloodline?   Best Bloodline? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 7:36 pm

It varies - if you want UKC-rednose, go Lar-San.

If you want ADBA-style, you've got a WIDE variety to choose from! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CoolHandJean

CoolHandJean

Female Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Best Bloodline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Bloodline?   Best Bloodline? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:28 pm

It really depends on what you want.

As Shadowwolf said, it depends on the registry, whether you are going to show it or weight pull it. Factors like that. Smile
Back to top Go down
sf1986

sf1986

Male Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Best Bloodline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Bloodline?   Best Bloodline? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:41 am

In my limited experience, bolio blood is the best. I am always open to consider other lines, and by no means do I think I know it all. Unfortunately though, my Bolio girl, who I bought from Pat Patrick, had vaginal hyperplasia so bad that she needed emergency surgery a few days ago. She was spayed and underwent an episoplasty that cost me $1700.00. What bothers me the most is that I wanted to breed her. So when you do look into buying a dog, be sure to ask about the prevalence of inherited defects such as vaginal hyperplasia. I know that it is found a lot in line bred dogs. My brother's Bichon Frise has the same thing, and is not breedable. So check that stuff out. I regrett that I didn't. Although, I love the dog. Very trainable, great with kids, and I would bet money game to the bone (although I will never know for sure).
Back to top Go down
alfisher3

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-05

Best Bloodline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Bloodline?   Best Bloodline? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 2:09 pm

There is no such thing as a best bloodline, each dog properly bred is only as good as the handler. When it come to pit bulls or any other breed, the lineage of a dog is only upheld thru good breeders and good handlers.
Back to top Go down
rednya

rednya

Female Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Best Bloodline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Bloodline?   Best Bloodline? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:19 pm

There is no such thing as a best bloodline, each dog properly bred is only as good as the handler. When it come to pit bulls or any other breed, the lineage of a dog is only upheld thru good breeders and good handlers

I agree whole-heartedly, I was just asking because I was looking for a nice looking, great temperment and healthy line - but now we've found our little girl Gabby who is Old Family Red and Jeep... she is our little star! Thanks everyone for the replies!
Back to top Go down
black_caesar72

black_caesar72

Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Best Bloodline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Bloodline?   Best Bloodline? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 5:31 am

There are some crap bloodlines out there dont get it twisted...
Back to top Go down
alfisher3

Best Bloodline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Bloodline?   Best Bloodline? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 2:03 pm

Can you specifically name a bloodline that's pure crap, I mean a true old school bloodline or did you mean some of the newer backyard stuff?
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf

shadowwolf

Female Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Best Bloodline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Bloodline?   Best Bloodline? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 6:19 pm

black_caesar72 wrote:
There are some crap bloodlines out there dont get it twisted...

I think it's all a matter of personal opinion.
Back to top Go down
alfisher3

Best Bloodline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Bloodline?   Best Bloodline? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 7:41 pm

I agree w/ shadow it's definately personal preference, but if a handler has experience a lot of dissappointment with a specific bloodline over the years, he/she might need to evaluate his/her breeding practice and handling it might not just be the dogs. I mean maybe it's just in my region but most good dogs I've owned and seen tend to be a well-bred scatter of many good lines that do generate back to each with every breeding.
Back to top Go down
turtlebuster100
2xwarned

Male Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Best Bloodline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Bloodline?   Best Bloodline? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 5:35 pm

try the rare turtlebuster bloodline it is bred down from kingfish & red devil Surprised
Back to top Go down
midwest_showdogs
midwest_showdogs

Male Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Best Bloodline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Bloodline?   Best Bloodline? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 12:00 am

I have several different bloodlines. Some Wise Maxamillin very good hard working dogs. I have one that is Wilder, Hemphill , Clouse she don't count cuz she can do no wrong in my eyes lol!!!! I have a Turtlebuster bitch, she has a very good temperment. But the dog I use to have he was heavy Honeybunch dog he was the total package I was very happy with him . But you got to make your own mine up and see what works for you. I personally don't think there's a best bloodline I have seen crap in all lines. and I have seen good in all lines.
Back to top Go down
turtlebuster100
2xwarned

Male Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Best Bloodline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Bloodline?   Best Bloodline? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 12:09 am

CH Wise Maxamillin R.O.M. is a reddevil dog i have it in all my dogs ped Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
midwest_showdogs
midwest_showdogs

Male Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Best Bloodline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Bloodline?   Best Bloodline? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 3:53 am

yeah i have 2 boys that are heavy max dogs. good hard working dogs
Back to top Go down
prattcity

Male Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Best Bloodline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Bloodline?   Best Bloodline? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 3:51 pm

what do yall think about gr ch chevy blood
Back to top Go down
pilotgamedog

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Best Bloodline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Bloodline?   Best Bloodline? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:45 pm

do not believe in the letter, many prankish breeder who only want to sell the dog. in general it bred a dogmen not have a letter on his dog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Best Bloodline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Bloodline?   Best Bloodline? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Bloodline?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pit Bull Family :: Dog Discussion :: Bloodlines-
Jump to: