Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ADBA Nationals

Go down 
+5
TriStateAPBT
wmssh
sedaliapridekennels
midwest_showdogs
shadowwolf
9 posters
AuthorMessage
shadowwolf

shadowwolf

Female Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-04-04

ADBA Nationals Empty
PostSubject: ADBA Nationals   ADBA Nationals Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 2:24 pm

Who's going?

ADBA Nationals CGCflyer
Back to top Go down
midwest_showdogs
midwest_showdogs

Male Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2007-10-27

ADBA Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADBA Nationals   ADBA Nationals Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:29 pm

Not me i would love to but i cant
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Male Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2007-06-03

ADBA Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADBA Nationals   ADBA Nationals Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 12:07 am

sorry guys to far away this year or i would love to go
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/sedaliapitbulls
wmssh

wmssh

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-26

ADBA Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADBA Nationals   ADBA Nationals Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 5:26 am

anyone know how the conformation turned out there? i heard weight pull turnout was real low with real bad track set ups Question
Back to top Go down
TriStateAPBT

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-02-24

ADBA Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADBA Nationals   ADBA Nationals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 12:16 am

Our turn out was great for the conformation show, the track was not set up bad, just heavy. We were required to hold it at an angle. This was a National event. It is supposed to be hard. People not coming to support the National weight pull had nothing to do with the track since they had no idea if it was going to be heavy, people just didn't want to travel. The dogs that won were the dogs that were supposed to win, they were the better dogs. There has been an overall lack of support for the adba weight pulls over the last few years. As far as the Midwest weight pullers goes, only a few people came out to support the east coast, I guess we (east) are the only ones expected to travel with our dogs. Our conformation show had people coming out from as far as New Mexico & California. We had a great turn out and lots of fun. We thank all of you who did travel for their support.
Back to top Go down
wmssh

wmssh

ADBA Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADBA Nationals   ADBA Nationals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 1:00 am

well i would have to say money was just too tight for my family to make nationals - who hosted it did not matter the year before i couldnt go do to my job pulling my time off for someone else quitting it was maybe 3-5 hours from me, this year it would of been 27 hours not counting stops for food,fuel and rest..... i had conformation and weight pull dogs ready and willing - sometimes money just does not allow.. so i would not totoally agree the just not want part - thats an unfair comment to alot of folks out there who just cant afford that distance
Back to top Go down
jeremy @ aftershockennels

Male Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-12-27

ADBA Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADBA Nationals   ADBA Nationals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 8:56 am

my club will host it next year

im gonna go im not gonna win but i hope i have a good time
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf

shadowwolf

ADBA Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADBA Nationals   ADBA Nationals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 11:36 pm

TriStateAPBT wrote:
Our turn out was great for the conformation show, the track was not set up bad, just heavy. We were required to hold it at an angle. This was a National event. It is supposed to be hard. People not coming to support the National weight pull had nothing to do with the track since they had no idea if it was going to be heavy, people just didn't want to travel. The dogs that won were the dogs that were supposed to win, they were the better dogs. There has been an overall lack of support for the adba weight pulls over the last few years. As far as the Midwest weight pullers goes, only a few people came out to support the east coast, I guess we (east) are the only ones expected to travel with our dogs. Our conformation show had people coming out from as far as New Mexico & California. We had a great turn out and lots of fun. We thank all of you who did travel for their support.

I wholly agree. The track was tough, but it showed which dogs were worth their salt on it and those dogs won. The conformation turn out was pretty good - my boy's class (2-3 male) had 21 dogs in it.

Kudos to TriState APBT Club for hosting this show. It was absolutely fantastic and I hope to come back out to NJ to show with you guys again!
Back to top Go down
TriStateAPBT

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-02-24

ADBA Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADBA Nationals   ADBA Nationals Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:52 pm

Wmssh you have a point, I didn’t mean to be unfair to the people who could not afford to travel, but when you say things likei heard weight pull turnout was real low with real bad track set ups” It is just as unfair to us as it spreads unfounded rumors that out show was not put on right. This show took a year to plan, countless dollars, blood, sweat & tears from our members & cooperation from other clubs and people from other states. At what was basically the last minute we had to find another track since the club that said they were going to bring the 2nd track backed out, Thank GOD for Jimmy and his wife and friends who stepped up to the plate and lent us the almost identical track to ours. Our tracks had the potential to pull well over 20,000lbs each when level and the ADBA said for safety reasons we had to put it at a minimum of a 2” incline. Our conformation show had some of the best dogs in the world show up and go head to head.

Shadowwolf thank you so much for your kind words, you have now idea how much it means to us. We always put our heart and soul in to these shows and sometime it feels like no one appreciates them. Unfortunately this feeling has been echoed at almost all the shows I have traveled to with the amount of support for our clubs dwindling to where only a handful of club members actually do the hard work and a lot of people just complaint about the silliest things. Shadowwolf you are the type of people I’m still willing to loose endless nights sleep for in the planning of these shows. Again, THANK YOU, and every one who comes to support everyone’s show, thanks to everyone who is here in spirit, even if they can’t afford it, and to every one who loves their bulldogs. Please people, support you local clubs, get involved in the BSL fight, be responsible owners, because before long our shows will cease to exist and with them our dogs. (Sorry for the preaching)
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

ADBA Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADBA Nationals   ADBA Nationals Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 11:07 pm

Amanda you were there?? I don't believe it!! Prove it!!

(shameless attempt to get to see some recent Ryker pics)
Back to top Go down
midwest_showdogs
midwest_showdogs

Male Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2007-10-27

ADBA Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADBA Nationals   ADBA Nationals Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 11:30 pm

tri state preach it girl and yes i know how it is its very hard to see the numbers go down at the shows
Back to top Go down
CoolHandJean

CoolHandJean

Female Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2007-11-02

ADBA Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADBA Nationals   ADBA Nationals Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 1:30 am

Good post, Tristate.
Back to top Go down

Male Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-12-27

ADBA Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADBA Nationals   ADBA Nationals Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 2:38 am

midwest_showdogs wrote:
tri state preach it girl and yes i know how it is its very hard to see the numbers go down at the shows

the adba changed the rules for the big dogs in the weight pulls and alot of them left the adba for good and started there own weight pulling shows

the utah point show was pretty dead also ive seen fun shows that had 5times more people there
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf

shadowwolf

ADBA Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADBA Nationals   ADBA Nationals Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 4:02 am

lovemypits wrote:
Amanda you were there?? I don't believe it!! Prove it!!

(shameless attempt to get to see some recent Ryker pics)

Jackass! Yes, I was there. Lyric took 2nd place in her class (after I was an idiot and put that poor club through hell forgetting she was older than she was!).

I'll go make a post in the gallery for Nats. Butthead. lol!
Back to top Go down
roe1880

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-11-02

ADBA Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADBA Nationals   ADBA Nationals Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 5:16 am

Hey Tri-State I love you guys... I'm totally new to all of this and have been to 3 shows this year and have loved and learned allot from all 3... Thank you for having all that you do. I don't really ever expect to win anything 'cause my dogs are blue (TNT) (sorry i had to put that in, I don't want anyone 2 think they are bullies) and I know we have a hard time. But I have yet to come home with a negative from any of the shows we've gone 2. Our friend got points for both of his dogs in both conf. & weight pulls just for coming with us. We have placed in best blue class but that's it. Still that has not stopped us from attending when possible. Thank you all for not giving us the cold shoulder; I know our dogs are blue but you can obviously see the difference between our dogs and the bully dogs 7 it seems like you all can see the difference also.
W e will be coming to more shows and participating in both cats... THANK YOU TRI-STATE & VA club also. Sorry for ranting... : }
Back to top Go down
wmssh

wmssh

ADBA Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADBA Nationals   ADBA Nationals Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 8:10 pm

i posted that Question for those who were able to attend so they could clarify that for the rest of us.... if you take that as a statement and become offended then i'm sorry but i don't appreciate the idea of being taken as someone who has nothing better to do than sit behind their pc and whine and complain about some other club track -- it was a simple question for clarifacation not intended as a bash towards anyones show.... i been attending shows for 12 plus years and many times busted my tail helping and cleaning, etc wether it was my club or not - i know what goes into making or breaking a show.... for those who read my Question properly thank you and God Bless to everyone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ADBA Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADBA Nationals   ADBA Nationals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ADBA Nationals
Page 1 of 1