Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Open letter to all of those out there fighting against BSL

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tiger

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Open letter to all of those out there fighting against BSL Empty
PostSubject: Open letter to all of those out there fighting against BSL   Open letter to all of those out there fighting against BSL Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:48 pm

I wanted to take a moment to thank all of you who are out there educating against Breed Specific Regulation and for responsible ownership.

I know first hand how difficult it can be to deal with the prejudice that so many people have against the breeds most often targeted by those narrow minded, uneducated, fearful people looking to slap a band-aid on the problem of dangerous dogs and irresponsible ownership – after all, I personally own four “pit bulls”.

The issue we are now facing here in Texas, (and in other parts of the nation), is that instead of addressing the real root of the problems caused by dangerous dogs and irresponsible ownership; so many politicians think the answer is just to ban specific “types” of dogs in their communities completely, or to place unfair and expensive restrictions on owning certain “types” of dogs. Banning and restricting breed “types” will NOT stop irresponsible owners from being irresponsible with their dogs and it will not stop the criminal element from being criminals. Only by strictly enforcing the dangerous dog laws that we currently have on the books here in Texas is there going to be a real difference in the number of dog attacks here in Texas. Only by educating the irresponsible owners in how to be a responsible owner can we make a difference in how they maintain their animals.

I ask, no, I beg you to be diligent in collecting signatures for the anti-BSL petition. We need tens of thousands of signatures in order to be able to honestly prove to the Texas 81st session that no, Texans do NOT want BSL here in our state. We want our communities and our cities to start enforcing the animal control laws that we already have. We do not want certain “types” of dogs and their owners singled out for bias and prejudice just because of the dog’s appearance and not due to it’s, or it’s owners actions! These signature sheets all need to be returned to me on, or before December 1, 2008 so that the signatures can be verified and counted before we present them to the State Legislation in Austin, Texas in January 2009.

Please, it is important to collect as many signatures as you can because every single signature counts in this fight.

Every single voice matters!

No matter the breed of dog that you now own, no matter the breed of dog that you may own in the future – we are all in this TOGETHER. Today, it may be MY breed of choice that the politicos decide to ban or restrict – tomorrow – it may be YOUR breed of choice that faces the same fate. We are all in this fight, together. It is time to loudly say NO to BSL in TEXAS! We cannot afford to be apathetic in this matter. Our dogs are in danger and it is time to make a stand and let our politicians know that we, the voting public, will not quietly accept unfair, biased, and unnecessary regulations against types of dogs just because of what they look like – and not due to anything that they, themselves, have actually done .

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – “Something In The Air”

http://www.nutsie.com/song/Something%20In%20The%20Air/4040258

Call out the instigator

Because there's something in the air

We've got to get together sooner or later

Because the revolution's here

And you know it's right

And you know that it's right

We have got to get it together

We have got to get it together now

Run through the fields and houses

'Cause there's something in the air

And you know it's right

Call out the instigator

Because there's something in the air

And you know it's right

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – “I Won’t Back Down”

http://www.nutsie.com/song/I%20Won%27t%20Back%20Down/4040252?album_id=4040259&artist_id=4755892

Well I won't back down
No I won't back down
You can stand me up at the gates of hell
But I won't back down

No I'll stand my ground, won't be turned around
And I'll keep this world from draggin me down
gonna stand my ground
... and I won't back down

Chorus:
(I won't back down...)
Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out
(and I won't back down...)
hey I will stand my ground
and I won't back down

Well I know what's right, I got just one life
in a world that keeps on pushin me around
but I'll stand my ground
...and I won't back down

(I won't back down...)
(and I won't back down...)
(I won't back down)
and I won't back down...

(I won't back down...)
(I won't back down)
hey I won't back down
(and I won't back down)
hey baby, there ain't no easy way out
(and I won't back down)
(and I won't back down)
and I won't back down
(I won't back down)
No I won't back down...

Thank you, thank you for all that you have done and will continue to do in the future against BSL getting a toe hold in the State Of Texas!

My deepest and most sincere appreciation,

~Tiger
Back to top Go down

Open letter to all of those out there fighting against BSL
Page 1 of 1