Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

flees and ticks

Go down 
+2
Dunlap
steven
6 posters
AuthorMessage
steven

steven

Male Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-04-02

flees and ticks Empty
PostSubject: flees and ticks   flees and ticks Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 6:23 pm

ive tried everything spot on dips none work on my dog but monday i started putting garlic in my dogs food the flees are gone and the ticks have dropped 80% has anybody else tried or heard of this?
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

flees and ticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: flees and ticks   flees and ticks Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 5:15 am

Yes, many people do this and swear by it...I just havent tried it yet but I'm glad you found something that works Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Male Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2007-06-03

flees and ticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: flees and ticks   flees and ticks Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 1:43 pm

i have had lots of trouble with fleas not any problems with ticks i spray spray and spray it didn,t work i also put down grandulates didn,t work and finally every couple weeks i started putting down 7 dust and that worked dont know why but it worked better than the rest You can even use the 7 dust on your dog to and in the dog houses
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/sedaliapitbulls
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

flees and ticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: flees and ticks   flees and ticks Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 3:29 pm

Okay I know this is a dumb question, but how do dogs get fleas in the first place? I mean maybe from other dogs. My dogs used to be outside dogs now they are inside dogs, yet they have never had fleas. Maybe I've just been lucky.
Back to top Go down
CoolHandJean

CoolHandJean

Female Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2007-11-02

flees and ticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: flees and ticks   flees and ticks Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 5:34 pm

I haven't heard of that, but might try it.
Back to top Go down
steven

steven

Male Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-04-02

flees and ticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: flees and ticks   flees and ticks Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 6:02 pm

i did another check last night only found 1 and all the dogs seem to like it in their food so if you do try it let me know how it works for you
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

flees and ticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: flees and ticks   flees and ticks Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 5:23 pm

I have used the garlic powder before and it seemed to work. I also put the acv in the water and it also seems to help. Maybe it is overkill but living in the thick of the woods it can get really bad.

Kelly, yes it is usually from other animals, not just dogs. And once there is one flea, they multiply worse than rabbits, lol...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

flees and ticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: flees and ticks   flees and ticks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

flees and ticks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pit Bull Family :: Dog Discussion :: Health-
Jump to: