Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I need help, Please read!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
marlenadee

marlenadee

Female Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-01-13

I need help, Please read! Empty
PostSubject: I need help, Please read!   I need help, Please read! Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 6:18 pm

I have a friend of mine e -mailed me that she knows of an illegal Pit fighting ring that is going on where she lives. She also stated that the dogs are in terrible mental and physical health......What do I tell her to do? Should she just call the police or is there a specific orginization that handles that? Thanks in advanced for all your help!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=marlenadee
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: I need help, Please read!   I need help, Please read! Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 9:49 pm

I would think Animal control...or the police could point her in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: I need help, Please read!   I need help, Please read! Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 11:33 pm

I would also call the police and animal control. Does your friend have proof or is it just rumor? I'm sure the more information she knows can get her further. Let us know what happens.
Back to top Go down
marlenadee

marlenadee

PostSubject: Re: I need help, Please read!   I need help, Please read! Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 2:20 pm

She works at a vet office where they were dopped off . She said 2 of them died and they had not even called to inquire about the animals. All were severly scarred and a couple of them tested positive for heart worm. She did call animal control where she is from and they do suspect the family was dog fighting but I have not heard from her yet today to find out what they told her, all she told me was that they were there now and she would talk to me after they leave but I haven't heard from her as of yet.... I am hoping they get them for more than neglecting their medical care. I will keep you guys posted as I get more details..... This just breaks my heart! Mad
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: I need help, Please read!   I need help, Please read! Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 2:56 pm

That is sad for those dogs. I have to wonder why they even bothered to drop them at the vet, like it wouldn't put up red flags about them? Are the other dogs savable?
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

PostSubject: Re: I need help, Please read!   I need help, Please read! Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 11:25 pm

Wow, they def. don't sound too smart... Mad
Back to top Go down
marlenadee

marlenadee

PostSubject: Re: I need help, Please read!   I need help, Please read! Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 4:13 am

Well my friend says it looks like another slap on the wrist for the irresponsible owners and the dog pays the ultimate price..............stuff like this makes me mad. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

PostSubject: Re: I need help, Please read!   I need help, Please read! Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 4:19 am

That just sucks Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
SouthernStylePits

SouthernStylePits

Female Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: I need help, Please read!   I need help, Please read! Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 9:07 pm

The dogs may get put down, but honestly I would rather get put down than be tortured the rest of my life. It's horrible that the dogs end up paying for the human's stupidity, but calling Animal Control is the best thing, even if they get put down, atleast they're not being fought and abused they way they are now. This is always such a SAD thing to see! It breaks my heart that people can be so freakin cruel!
Back to top Go down
http://southernstylepitbulls.tripod.com
Gracie

Gracie

Female Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: I need help, Please read!   I need help, Please read! Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 11:27 pm

It amazes me how many people get away with dog fighting and cruelty when it comes to pit bulls. It seems that because they are so "feared" that the police/animal control would rather just put the dogs down and let the humans continue to behave in this manner. Not only is it sad for the helpless animals - but it's sickening that these people get away with it. And it seems that the ones that do this never learn a lesson and repeat their behavior.

I hope that the dogs in this case are saved (the ones that can be). This really, really makes me mad. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need help, Please read!   I need help, Please read! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need help, Please read!
Page 1 of 1